Notices

Back at Day 1

Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Recovering perpetual kid...

FallGirl, don't flog yourself too hard... Been there, done that, more than once. The important thing is you are back and haven't given up! Just keep coming back and put one 24 hour period on top of another, and eventually they really add up. I am the king of relapse, I call myself a "retread"... But, I know how good life is when I am clean and sober. Keep the faith and stay positive.

Hang loose, Doc.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome back, you didn't lose any sober time you already have, imo. No starting back at day 1.

Marte
Old 09-01-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
REZ

Were you going to AA meetings? SR is a fine online source of support, but it cannot replace what you get from being with real, live people.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Odaat.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Paused

Each time I relapsed, I realized that I had to give a little more of myself to finally stop. I had to work hard and to get honest. Through that I found tools and started the healing process by getting to the root of why I drank in the first place.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Fallgirl,

I wanted to post in this thread before, though I am a bit scared off by your reaction on the other thread. Despite this, what I wanted to say was that I was a serious ED treated person, who was gone through stages of bulimia and anorexia. The positive thing I learnt, and keeping in mind, is that if I set my mind to diet, but end up indulging in sweets or a wedding party eating all over the place, is that if I think back on the past x days (can be 1, or 3, or 20 or more), were I was doing a good job, but then failed, is how my body thankful is for the time she got off. My body was having time to recover, there was some cleaning, some staying away, some time for herself, even if it was 7 or 5 or 2 days. My body and soul did some healing, and was thankful. You can keep on healing if you carry on. Think about how great you could give yourself a week off, it paid! You can go from there tomorrow. Any time spent not drinking is like buying time off the devil. You relapse, so what? you drank 1 day, you cleaned 6, that is a lot better than drinking 7 days out of 7. You slowly learn what your mind and body requires, how much time it takes to heal, you can fall back - but then again, think about how many good days you gave to her the last week. Falling back is 1 day, the rest is a lot more!!! This is how you do it!

I had to edit it. The conclusion would be "Nothing is lost!"
Old 09-06-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Dreamz
How can you be a failure when you're doing everything you can to get back on track.

This disease is strong and powerful and it causes us to slip sometimes. The important thing is we keep on trying to overcome it and the fact that you posted on here shows that you are ready to start beating it!

Hang in there babe

Old 09-06-2006, 07:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hang in there Fall Girl You have a crowd of people here that are here for you when you come back. I am thinking about you all the time. OMG I am obsessed.