Notices

Another Problem

Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Problem

Hi everyone, first post =)

I am just wondering if anyone could point me into the right direction really. I'm not here with a problem regarding to addiction, more so a problem with myself when I drink.

I am 19 and have been drinking for several years. When I first started drinking I never had any problems, I just got drunk, had a good time and that was the end of it. More recently I have been facing several problems when I drink. It is not when I drink a small amount, only when I get drunk, the problems are as follows;

-I get aggressive
-I'm willing to fight anyone for no apparent reason
-I become someone I am usually not, I will be nasty to people just to get a laugh and take no consideration for anyone else
-If I get into an arguement with my girlfriend when I'm drunk I will say stuff I would never usually dream of saying, really harsh stuff and will really put her down

Now I know that I'm not always like this, I can get drunk and have a good time it's just recently become a really bad problem, such a problem that my girlfriend has said if I don't sort myself out, i.e quit drinking, it's going to be over.

To sum things up I become an arrogant dick when I'm drunk.

Now I don't want to quit getting drunk because I enjoy it, I just don't enjoy some of the stuff I say and the person I sometimes become, so I am now searching for an answer to my problem. Is it possible to change myself? Make myself not get angry and aggressive when I'm drunk? Go back to who I was when I first started drinking?

Thanks for reading-

Casper
Old 08-31-2006, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Welcome Casper! Sounds like you've made some outstanding realizations for a man of your age... keep thinking, it works!

All of us in recovery from booze/drugs/whatever would still be out there drinking if the stuff continued to do for us what it did in the beginning.

If booze makes you a ******** now it will always make you a ********.
I know it's darn difficult to quit drinking at your age but jeez, I can't help but think today you're a bad drunk and tomorrow you'll be in jail or the hospital.

Take care of YOU. Begin now to make good decisions for YOU because the choices you make today WILL affect your tomorrow. Make them positive!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply.

This is the thing though, I'm not always like that when I'm drunk and I know I haven't always been like that so surely I can change my mind-set and be more chilled out when I drink.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I noticed that when I'm a nice drunk it was with people I'm not close to.

Its my family and friends that I blow up at or blow off.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

((( casper ))))

You are drinking too much when you get weirded out on others. Try cutting down... if you can do it NOW you'll be ahead of the game. You can do an inside job on yourself? You can decide once and for all that it IS against your values, against your spirit and you WILL NOT under any circumstances be a mean and inconsiderate drunk.

Chances are if you drink to get drunk at this stage in your life you'll either continue to be a nasty drunk (whether it's once in awhile or not, it's still MEAN) or you'll one day have to quit. Are you moody anyway?

Maybe you should see a couselor? If you drive drunk, the day will come that you "act out" while driving. Hopefully you won't kill yourself or anyone else but you will give your young life yet another living hell with a DUI!

Gotta see it for what it is dude.. don't kid yourself.