Notices

Noisey Neighbours...!

Old 09-02-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I lived in the city for a spell. Couldn't take the noisey neighbors and constant interruptions, no peace. So I moved to the country. And now the chickens are squawking, the horses whinnying, the cats scratching at the window to be fed. I conclude, that so long as we're alive, there will be noise. We do what we can to quiet the noise. Talk to your neighbor, feed the hungry beasts, and beyond that, we tune out inside our head as best we can.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have lived in apartments for 10 years and just found out yesterday that we got a house!!!

There will almost always be problem neighbors... I hear babies screaming all of the time. The downstairs neighbor's son peed on my stairs, sprayed windex in my daughter's face.

Loud music almost every night. I have called the cops. Here, they dont even come.... ever.

I cant wait to move! One week!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

For short term relief get some good ear plugs, they take a bit of getting used to but it drowns out my husbands snoring...
Old 09-03-2006, 04:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Day by day....

Arura - I moved out in the country for some of the same reasons. Ofcourse the animal noises don't bother me - but you know that there are problems with that too considering the fact that my little dream cabin in the middle of nowhere got robbed this week. So if you like where you live otherwise fight back to do whatever is necessary to get it stopped. That is what I am doing -our alarm system goes in on Tuesday.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

NEIGHBORS.....Did I hear you say neighbors... lol

Hi Arura, im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic. Thank you for ur share.

I too have had my share of annoying neighbors. Esp. one.

We moved here to Houston 10 yrs ago and from day one we began to have problems with them. First i want to say im not prejudist..(SP)? I try and to get along ok with most people. If i didnt i wouldnt be still working in Customer Service with my job.

Ok, so we moved here and we have Hispanics on one side in a house and the other side is a rent house where we've had a mixture of different flavors. : )

The Hispanic family is the ones Ive had the most trouble with. I think it all began when I wouldnt allow my kids to go out to play with them. I was over protective of my kids who were about 9 and 12 at the time. We just moved into a new neighbor and for me I was full of anxiety and fear. So i naturally held my kids closer to me.

Anyway..i do think this offended the neighbos ALOT. Because that was when the crap began. We have mail destoyed because of them. We have had our lawn watered and flooded by them....mostly by the women...She is a vendictive mean women...Anyway....I always thought if u dont bother others then they would get the hint not to bother u. WRONG....I have always kept my hose in my yard and yet this woman always crosses over just out of spite. And then the nerve to set up her sprinkler to water my driveway....HOW RUDE..! I would never do any of that to anyone because its call being rude and i have respect.

Anyway....during the trying times I would be so distraught, angry, upset, crying....and my husband took her side ALWAYS...he didnt want to cause any problems and her watering our side of the yard was no big deal....

You just have no idea how much this has hurt me to have the one uve been married to for a long time to shrug me off and agree with a neighbor.... F*** YOU.... I would say so often.....

Then im in recovery...and I was raised Catholic...I know better....Just let it go...forgive her for she knows not what she does......I prayed and cried sooo many times sooo often....with no relief....then i began to put my program to use....I began to say the SERENITY PRAYER. Then the 3rd STEP PRAYER.
Over and over again.....I realized that there was nothing i could do about it and I just had to turn it over to a Power Greater than I.

Then a sense of peace began to come over me...not right away...not in my time...but in His time....And it evetually happened after awhile.....

For some reason the husband left...which i had no problems with....maybe he had to leave or divorce his mean wife....slap on the hand...i know i shouldnt say that... : ) Then the hose was beginning to stay on her side of the yard.

Today....is quieter...I still dislike the B****...and would never want her as a friend....but.....like ive always done..i mind my business....and every now and then if i see the hose just an inch on my side, i go outside and kick it back on her side....I know sooo juvenile.... : ) I dont put my stuff in her yard so why should she?

Some people just dont understand..... : )

Thanks for letting me share.