Notices

Thoughts at 22 days..

Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thoughts at 22 days..

Today, I am NOT GONNA F*CKING EAT EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT NAILED DOWN!

I thought I would automatically start losing wieght since I drank anywhere from a 6 pack to a 12 pack every night for 4 years! I know I put on about 10 pounds per year since I started drinking.. at 22 days, shouldn't I at LEAST have dropped a pound or two? NO! WHy? Cause I am eating FREAKING EVERYTHING!!!!!

So yesterday I had to do some more liver enzyme blood tests and I had to fast.. so I ate very little yesterday and I am going to try to keep the eating down.. the salty snacking.. the waking up in the middle of the night to eat (I use to do that to drink a beer to put me abck to sleep)

So.. my goal for today (since I am not concerned about the beer anymore) is to not eat everything in the world.

Wish me luck with that.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good luck with that....and congrats on 22 days......
Old 08-29-2006, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

I thought beer caused weight gain....no one said NO BEER causes more weight gain..lol
Good luck and like all other things you are going through this to will pass with time, Just stay away from the desert isle :uzi2: at the market!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drink water if you don't want to eat.

I replaced booze with fluids and I've lost a bit of weight.

Good on you for 22 days!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I SO identify whith what you are saying. I'm at 37 days and have managed to lose 1.5 pounds despite not consuming the 250 glasses of wine that would have been downed in that time. According to weight watchers that should be about a 5 pound loss.

I've got to stop eating the candy and cookies etc... :uzi2: or I'll go crazy!!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am 29 days sober and have lost weight- about 12 pounds, but I think it is cause I have been drinking water and trying to eat healthy foods and I think the medication the doc gave me has caused me to not want to eat as much and I was like you I drank around 6-12 beers a day, but everyone has different metabolisms, I happened to have a fast one, plus I have been doing a little excercising, but I do occassionally have a small amount of candy or something sweet just to satisfy my cravings for sugar since I quit drinking beer.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, even when I drank I drank 3 gallons of water and a 7 pound bag of ice everyday.. so MORE water, is prob not good for me.. LOL

But I made it through the day on a protien shake, yogurt, a 6 inch sub at subway and a small bowl of noodles with maranara sauce.

22 days sober 1 day of not eating like a freaking pig.