Notices

First Time Jitters

Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Time Jitters

I signed on, only to be distracted with things that dont mean me no good. I am not sure if my idle time was on display, if it was then my first statement will make sense...if not, then I'm expressing my consistent procrastination!!!! HELLO TO EVERYONE OUT THERE!!! I'M TYPING AND REALLY NOT SURE IF I'M GOING TO HIT THE ENTER BUTTON. THIS IS LONG OVERDUE, NEEDED FOR MY LIFE, UNWANTED BY MY GRAVINGS, MANDATORY BY MY ARANGEMENT, AND SO HERE I AM!!!!!!! HELLO, AGAIN TO ANYONE LISTENING.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and a big Sober Recovery welcome to you! I know there will be tons more to follow. Sit back, check out the boards for whatever it is that you are battling as well as the stickies at the tops of this board and dive in wherever you want!

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 08-28-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Since I am reading this...yes, you hit the enter button. Welcome, I'm glad you are here.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey 2 days
glad to see ya here!! there are lots of friends and support here for whatever you may need.
glad you hit that button!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's great to see a new memner..
Welcome to SR!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

By the grace of my HP and people in these rooms I havent had a drink of alcohol since 8-11-90. It was thru a family intervention that my family stepped in and did for me what i couldnt do for myself. For that Im truely grateful.

There's many "new-comers" present and many "old-timers" available all sharing their experiences, strengths and hopes with each other learning to stay clean and sober by following a few steps provided to us thu our recovery program. Learning to stay clean and sober one day at a time.

Take ur shoes off, sit a spell and share a little bit about what happen to you, what it has been like, and where r u now.

Welcome to SR and happy to meet you.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 08-28-2006, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aasharon90
Hi, Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

By the grace of my HP and people in these rooms I havent had a drink of alcohol since 8-11-90. It was thru a family intervention that my family stepped in and did for me what i couldnt do for myself. For that Im truely grateful.

There's many "new-comers" present and many "old-timers" available all sharing their experiences, strengths and hopes with each other learning to stay clean and sober by following a few steps provided to us thu our recovery program. Learning to stay clean and sober one day at a time.

Take ur shoes off, sit a spell and share a little bit about what happen to you, what it has been like, and where r u now.

Welcome to SR and happy to meet you.

Well, thank you! I am replying to you, hoping that you can guide me on how I go through the motions in this site. I'm not sure what to hit where to post,or anything, but I'm anxious to share my testimony. Thanks for the words!!!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi 2day.

Just you posting here is great.

NEWCOMERS TO RECOVERY. This is a good place to post your story. That way others that are new in recovery will see your post, read it and share their thoughts on it.

See up top on the left....Newcomers to Recovery...just click on those words and it will bring u to all the posts or threads in that catagory. You will see the words NEW THREAD...click on that and begin....just like u did with this thread. Title it then write your story....

Your story of ..what it was like when u were drugs or alcohol...whatever your drug of choice is......like when you began using....what happened to u when u were using....did u get in an accident? did u get a DUI....consequenses from ur drinking.....then what lead you here....what made u make a decision to stop drinking or using? Then today...what do u want to happen not that u r quitting....

If u want and because i dont know how to add my hyperlink to My Story....u can find it under my name in the archieves....under each persons name u click on u will find all our post we have submitted to SR....my story is on Aug 11th...u will have to go back a few pages to find it... i also wrote my story way back in Dec...when i first joined here.

Others here in SR have also shared their stories so if u like to read other members ESH just go to their names.

I hope this helps....

The most important thing is to not go fast in ur recovery.....for me i drank a number of yrs so i didnt expect to get this program over night.

Find u a meeting near ur home so that u can ...and by suggestion only...go to 90 metings in 90 days. Pick u up a DESIRE CHIP or a 24 HOUR chip....that is the first chip that is given out to newcomers just walking thru the door of recovery.....

If you have any question here dont be afraid to ask as members here will be happy to guide u and help u as u begin ur journey in recovery....

So hold on tight.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Glad to have you here!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

HI! Welcome to SR. this is a wonderful site, I am so glad to have been referred to it. One thing...you are not alone here. We have all been through crap and we are all struggling to let our stronger and better personalities out. Alcohol had changed me, I wasnt the person I used to be. It is so nice to be free of that demon.
Tell us what your story is aand then people cAN begin to help a little more. Welcomes are nice, but we all need to delve in to really get down to business.
I particip[ate in AA and I love it, I dont make as many meetings as I would like. But every one I go to is inspirational, helpful and all around great. To make face to face (f2f) contact is extremely helpful in our journey.

Again, Welcome! Nice to have you here!