Notices

Well, how could I resist?

Old 08-27-2006, 01:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((V42))) No worries - we can keep ya'll separate... grin. Sorry this is late, but welcome to Sober Recovery - I think you are exactly where you need to be today. Glad you've started to post - looking forward to seeing more of you!
Old 08-27-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

WELCOME TO SR!!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

um hi. i dont mean to be selfish here. but miracle died????? I have seen that name and now she's gone? where the heck was I to miss that? what in the world?

mertyl

Was i even here then or did i see that name in another thread? I hate death.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh Mertyl, so sorry you missed it, Look back on the Grief thread dated 04-01-2006, 05:43 AM, Miracle is gone. I think about her all the time. And thank for Rusty
Old 08-28-2006, 02:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Velvet 42,

Welcome, I never saw that statement, I wasn't bold enough to sign up until I was ready to post.

Glad your here we will ll do our best to help, like Lollipop, Erin and many others i too had numerous reasons to drink. then I real cocky and decided I didn't even need a reason to drink why worry about reasons just drink!

That logic got me real far well here I am Somewhere around 75 day with one slip around 21 days. I feel hang in there with us and you be there soon too!

Don't be afraid to ask questions and read the links they are real helpful
Old 08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi, Velvet42 (and Velvet, too)!

I'm a bit late to the party, but want to welcome you to SR! Without a doubt, this is the best place on the internet.

I so appreciate your honesty. As you know from all your reading around here, you aren't alone. I can relate to your justification thoughts, too--same thing for me: "It's been a LONG day and I worked my tail off, so I deserve a drink." "Hubby is working late and kids are in bed--perfect time for a glass (ahem, bottle) of wine!" etc.

I will assure you that it is a blessed RELIEF to finally decide to be done with the alcohol. As soon as I made that decision, a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. Sure, I've slipped up a few times since starting in on sober living, but this is a million times better than the life I lived before, knowing deep inside that I really did have a problem though I wouldn't admit it.

Enough of my blabbing--I get carried away sometimes!

I look forward to more of your posts!

Take care,
Jane
Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
lager girl

HI VELVET!lucky you little village by the sea..im hoping that will be me someday soon!i think alcahol is a problem when you start to wonder if its a problem..if it is interfearing in your life..making you unable to function,and generally having a negative impact...i guess that it normally does to some degree,in some shape or form......myabe you would be a little more tolerant with the kids for example,if you had not had a drink..etc etc...etc..in my eyes alcahol and drugs are only a problem when they begin to CAUSE problems..
Old 10-13-2006, 05:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Velvet,
Are you still around reading posts? I just wanted to suggest something to you if you are not sure if you're an alcoholic:
You could try and go without alcohol for a month and then just drink the amount of alcohol considered "safe" and see how this method works for you. Being from Europe (Germany) myself, I know that the drinking guidelines are not as strict as they are in the USA. So, 4 drinks for men and 3 drinks for women a day (with one day a week without drinking) is generally considered "safe". If you are able to hold your alcohol consumption down at that level consistently, you are probably not an alcoholic.
You could give it a shot.
Good luck to you!