Notices

I just have to know

Old 08-24-2006, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

Question I just have to know

Since i quit drinking I crave chocolate........those little debbie fudge rounds are going to put me into a triple digit pants size...lol
Not only is it chocolate i crave but salad and vegetables and fresh fruit and the first few weeks it was v-8 juice or apple juice.
Is it just my body trying to heal itself to put the nutriton back in that i robbed from it while it was saturated in beer.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Yes - chocolate is what we recommend to get over cravings inthe beginning..all the other things sund very healthy !!
Our bodys crave the sugar in Alcohol

Good for you !!!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea, I craved chocolate especially in the beginning, but would try to just eat a little bit and then I have been trying to also eat healthy foods like fish, fruits, vegetables and dairy products. I have lost about 12 pounds. and this is 24 days sober for me also trying to exercise a little bit.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

Yikes i have gained weigh....lol but i think that has alot to do with the amount of water i drink ....i bought one of those water machines and we are going through a five gallon jug every other day, at least the whole family is drinking more water to i guess.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I substituted Lil' Debbie with toast and my favorite jelly.

Like the alcohol, one Lil' Debbie is too many for this addict, a thousand never enough.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh, thank heavens you've substituted. Those Lil' Debbie things are NASTY. Is it even real food? Thank heavens you're eating toast.

Stay strong!!!

Candy Scratch
Old 08-25-2006, 08:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The first time I got sober I ate Cadbury chocolate bars like crazy! Now I'm limiting myself to half a bar per day, if at all. I figure it's a lot better then pumping myself full of wine.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My sugar cravings didn't go away until about day 50. I still crave my chocolate, but not to the extent that I did in early recovery.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can get Raw Chocolate "nibs" at some health food stores, has no sugar in it. I work a food label writer at a supplements company, I know whats in chocolate!! If you can eat dark chocolate or better yet these raw nibs, it is very high in Potassium, Phosphorus, and Iron. Not to mention the active ingredient Theobromine, which is mild stimulant like caffeine, a mood elevator and an appetit suppressant. A few small pieces of chocolate a day along with a healthy diet is a great plan for eating.