Notices

What 3 Wishes Would You Like To Make Today?

Old 09-14-2006, 07:05 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

1. That my teeth stop hurting from all this darn candy
2. Vic comes back on here.
3. My new cat Barney starts to come around me.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

1. Peace for all my friends on SR.
2. Some more energy.
3. For this foggy head to clear up.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi guys...i goofed on one of my 3 shares where it's suppose to say Thy will Be Done....i wrote They...i hate when i come back later and see my mistake....im suppose to be perfect...lol lol NOOOOO PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION..THAT'S IT...LOL

Lets see....I think Chip up above mentioned something about PERECTION....i can definitely understand his point....: )

Wyoming sounds ABSOLUTELY AWESOME RIGHT NOW....ANY PLACE OUT OF WHERE IM AT RIGHT NOW. : )

My husband got his degree in Electrical Engineering and just recently took a test to become a Professional Engineer. Something like that. He does work for a Major Company thats been around for a long time...but he's lately been thinking of making a change. When uve been a part of a company and u have all ur benifits ect....you want to make sure if u do switch esp. at this stage in ones life that u and ur family will be covered and security is there.

Anyway..i was hoping he would get on with another company that would pack us up and move us somewheres else just cause i want to get out of this home we r in. At this point im not sure what will happen...but i do feel like something will ...and for me i have to be cautious as to what i wish for today because i do know wishes do come true...i have to becareful what i ask for because it maybe one thing i ask for and ill get something else....so i try to pray about it and let it be THY WILL BE DONE....because ultimately it is HIS decision on what happens to us. If that makes sense?

See i wished to moved from that little corner of the world we were living in back in Baton Rouge 10 yrs ago....and in doing so...my wish came true because my husband took a job transfer here to Houston to also allow our 2 kids who r now 22 and 19 to get a better education and opportunities to grow....which has been a blessing....but for me....i was separated from my AA support....i wasnt close to my own family in the way of communication problems and out of 4 kids i was the only one to leave Louisiana. Maybe my HP wanted me to grow here in Houston....have i grown...some....lol Now i need to grow more....what will His Will be for me till i die.????

Right now i have a little part time grocery store job for the past 5 yrs with 8am to 2pm hours 3 or 4 days a week...m thru thurs. ...i cant beat the time and hours for a little part time job..no nights and no weekends.

But i have problems with people TELLING me what to do....OH NOOOOO...lol

And here im thinking maybe i could work in a rehab facility doing what im suppose to do...working with folks in recovery.....if im having problems with people now then working in another place with more people sure isn't gonna be any different....lol Maybe i just need to get away from people....lol

Put me out to pasture...lol
Old 09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference where u r......lalalala : )
Old 09-24-2006, 05:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello SR and welcome to the many newcomers
just finding this wonderful supportive site.

With all the seriousness we surround
ourselves with on a daily bases....
relax a bit and share 3 silly wishes
that ud like to come true today.

Have fun today... : )
Old 09-24-2006, 10:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

my son would stop smoking weed and I would stay sober and my family to be healthy!
that I would get a great job as I am unemployed and having financial problems and get my driving privileges back TODAY!
to come into a windfall of lots of money!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

1) To be just who I am. My spiritual self is beautiful, so who cares if I'm not perfect on the outside. By loving myself I take better care of myself every day.
2) To be just where I am in life. Sure I got bills to pay, kids to raise, and addictive behaviors to beat, but I am doing it better every day. And even if life is messy, it's fun and getting sweeter every day.
3) To appreciate the things I have.

Oops, already this thread just made wish #3 come true.
Thanks Guys
Old 09-24-2006, 10:58 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi NTBS....Those are good wishes to have...and u know they can and will whats the word im looking for....its in the promises....they will materializes if we r willing to work for them....sounds like a big obsticale to overcome...but not impossible....I use to look at those promises and they were just words to me...mostly everything i did hear were just words....but the more i went to meetings and heard those words over and over again....and did what was suggested of me...no matter what...they eventually seem to have meaning to them....slowly for some, quickly for others.....you dont have to get this program over night...i surely didnt....i had to believe first what those people in the meetings were saying was true,,,,,and they were true as each time i went to a meeting a continued to see the same folks sober and clean....if they can do it so can i...so can u...ur not an exception.......

Everything that u wished for up top can be urs and so much more....u will know a freedom that u have never known before ..if u are willing to follow the principles of AA. If u have a Big Book...its not there to sit on top the dresser and collect dust......pick it up....hold it...carry it with u..own it...love it...treasure it....the answers are in there on every page.....and if u dont understand a word...look it up and if u dont want to read it by urself...go to a Big Book Study where u will find others learning it .....it can and will save u from so much misery.... I know..NTBS....im here today not BSing u or anyone....im here 16 yrs later...from deaths doors to a living breathing, happy recoverying alcoholic.....i didnt get here by mistake...it was meant for me to be here to help u and others.....im here for u NTBS....
Old 09-25-2006, 03:38 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

More Ac/dc Music To Enjoy
To Never Get Tired Of Ac/dc
T.n.t. Its Dynamite...more Ac/dc
Music Like This Before Bedtime,,
Morningtime, Lunchtimes, Anytime....lol
Old 09-25-2006, 06:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just a try here:

1. No religion (I think this equals no war)

2. No abused children.

3. World leaders that don't lie to us

For me? That would include a house on a lake, happy healthy kids and grandkids, and maybe throw in Todd Rundgren. (google him)
Old 09-25-2006, 06:48 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I like Todd Rundgren..in fact the song...I SAW tHE LIGHT....IS MY HUSBANDS AND I "SONG" from way back when...24 yrs ago ... : )
Old 09-25-2006, 11:43 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Today i would wish for......................???

1, I wish the day to go smoothly
2, I wish to be able to be strong in my heart n mind
3, I wish that by the end of the day im not on the floor...!

Thanks (((((Sharon)))))

Wishing you ALL at SR a Great day...................
Old 09-26-2006, 12:12 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Starting a New Life

My three wishes:

1. I wish to remain happy no matter what life is throwing at me right now
2. I wish to stay healthy mentally and physically
3. I wish for a good day
Old 09-26-2006, 04:07 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

MY 3 WISHES TODAY ARE:

TO CONTINUE WALKING MORE

TO CONTINUE ENJOYING ROCK'N ROLL MUSIC MORE

TO CONTINUE ATTRACTING WONDERFUL FRIENDS HERE IN SR.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sharon...I Saw The Light is one of my favorites! Didn't even know Todd sang it until I bought his greatest hits cd!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Our Precious

1: For a time machine (to change all the bad things i've done, plus i could win the lottery by getting the numbers from one day and going back one day to play them.)
2: To be an astronaut
3: What the hell...World peace!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I'm on day 6 and I want to be sober and happy and funny and free. I'm new here too!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi everyone. I'm on Day 6 and I love these forums. I hope to be here a lot more often.

Whoops a daisy ... I posted twice!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

1. To be a great writter
2. To live in my own place
3. To have the courage to sell all my things, buy a van, and pick up and go...drive around the world and live life to the fullest
Old 09-27-2006, 03:29 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

3 WISHES TODAY:

1. To welcome ALL the newcomers like DARTHMAUL to feel comforable sharing their ESH with us here.

2. For all those just beginning their recovery journey that they find the strength and hope to stay sober and clean one more day.

3. For EVERYONE here in SR today to have a pleasant day where every you are.