Notices

Do any of you really care . . .

Old 08-14-2006, 02:53 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Rose...you should have been told by your Dr that the meds that you're taking won't work as well if you continue to drink alcohol...
but that's not to say that you should stop taking your meds...
ONLY that the antidepressants and other drugs will work BETTER if you stop drinking!

Could you be willing to give it a try...for 30 or 60 or 90 days to see if you feel better?

maybe try some ice tea?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

When I post I wonder if anyone cares enough to respond. If I don't get responses right away, I figure I'm just not that important. Then I tell myself that this is a message board with LOTS of people on here and not everybody can respond to every thread. I was in an awful state this weekend and some people here took the time to respond and what they said helped me more than I can convey. Just keep talking and SOMEONE will talk back!

Old 08-14-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I think alot of us started as self medicating. I was never really a drinker. I came in the kitchen one day to find my best friend of 20 years, and my husband together. He left the marriage and left me with 2 small children (5 and 1.5) and I was being laid off from my job, and my little one needed open heart surgery. I think I started drinking the day he left.

I never went out either. I'd drink a few beers after work but I'd wait until the kids were in bed to start my heavy drinking. I would drink anywhere between a 6 pack and a 12 pack a night in a period of 5 hours. I don't think I went a full week without drinking a beer until now. Today is 8 days. LONGEST in 4 years. I am not fighing with myself anymore because if I lose, I lose big time and die.

The thing is, the next day will go on whether you like it or not. Dealing with the day to day things is something every single person goes through.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:22 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I am really thankful for this support group. This is the only place ever that I have been able to talk about what I did.. none of my family/friends knew how much I drank once I closed the door.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:39 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

If I didnt care I wouldnt come here. Hang in there.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey...
If it makes you feel better... I don't think anyone 'fits in'. However I used to be way more hung up on that stuff when I was drinking.

I live alone too and used to drink alone. Finding other stuff to do and ways to stave off the cravings has helped.

Also when you think about it - since you live alone there's tons of stuff to do at home that you can't do with other people. In my case, if I can't sleep I can turn on the TV.

I can't comment on AA because I haven't tried really tried it. I went once and haven't felt any need to go again. I've found some other ways to spend my time. But I think AA helps lots of people and the people I met there were really nice.

Anyway... you are also welcome to PM me.

You're not alone.

Hope you're feeling better!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((OnceNice)))))

It is so so so good to see you again that is for sure!!!! I for one have missed you, it is like I haven't seen you around. I do care, I think that you know that right? I mean I was going to even drive up to help you at one time, and I think that most of us here would go to any lengths to help you. You also have to help yourself. I know that for me when I was using my anti-d's didn't work, but what do I expect I was high and I didn't care if they worked or not. Anyway just wanted to let you know that I struggled too this year, and now I am back on track. If a crackhead/junkie like me can pull together a few 24's than anyone should be able to.

Love Vic

BTW I really don't live alone I have my HP and my dog Chance other than that well .........that is another story!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

I used to feel like I didn't fit in. I felt like I was too young and I didn't know what I was talking about. Everyone else seemed so keen on their recoveries and I just wanted to hate life. But I kept coming on here everyday - mainly because I had nothing else to do - and by reading things and replying and just getting to know people you pick up lots of little extra bits - and by the respomses to this thread - seems like you've got a few friends on your side!!!

If you ever need to vent or whatever feel free to PM me!!!

LOVE DREAMZ
Old 08-15-2006, 08:04 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

oohhh....i am exactly where you are,oo-......and its not a pleasant place.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

I'm sorry Tashna that you are in a bad place.....

Why don't you start your own thread so we can give you some support ???

Unless I missed it

xoxo Janni
Old 08-15-2006, 04:29 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
On a tear

Originally Posted by OnceNice
...... Everyone telling their stuff and I tell mine and got the lady all upset. This is why I feel like I don't fit in sometimes. No matter what I do or try to do, it seems like it affects someone.
((((OnceNice))))

That means that your words have an impact... you touched someone. That isn't bad. That is kind of like how it is 'supposed' to work.

How folks respond to your words... is their business.

I cannot control how my words affect you... though I care, I can't control your response.

I expect the same from you.... it is a 50 - 50 deal. Just as you cannot control MY reaction to your words, I cannnot control YOUR reaction to my words.

Once we both let go of the need to do that, a lot more "communicating" happens. But at first, and especially during something as emotional as a 12-step meeting can be, sometimes... folks cry. Or laugh. Or don't.

Just part of the deal. Keep posting. I'm interested in what you have to say.