Notices

how much lower?

Old 08-14-2006, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how much lower?

hey.....
im sure you guys here have encountered sooooo many .too many! idiots like myself who post here- keep on promising....to detox,to get a life..to do things.
And who continue to return to the fake comfort of a bottle of whatever...
but waking up to the annoyance youve caused,finding a reson to get through the boredom and withdrawals.
sometimes its like i feel an inch away from 'life'...but then theres the feeling of 'wretchedness'/being a 'loser/bad' person..
i really dont want to go any lower.
yes..meetings meetings.i know
sorry for the blahhhhhhh
t.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Tashna, hello Honi, Im glad you posted about it A. Cor i know what you mean when you talk about the feeling of being an inch away from Life...!

like a child in a sweet shop with the jar out of reach...!

For me it seems that i get glimpses of what a good solid Clean n sober life IS. but i still fight on in HOPE...!

I think it very normal to feel that way as you probably are 'an inch away from life' ...! So hold on as its sounds as if you have a lovely life on the Horizan... So I look forward to seeing you shine...!

Thanks for sharing...X
Old 08-14-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tashna,

It was really hard for me to finally stop drinking too. The thing is that you are listening to your addict voice. That's what happened to me too. I'd stop drinking for two or three days, feel better, but the voice would be continuously saying negative things. Recognize it for what it is. You can do this!
Old 08-14-2006, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Wow...this is exactly how Im feeling today...
Old 08-14-2006, 05:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tashna,

I struggled along like that for say six months... sober, relapse... sober ... relapse... then a real bad relapse after my dad shot himself a year ago. Then one day I made a decision, I would stop, I stopped that day. I would change my life, I began in earnest that day. Life did change. Today I am sober and life is good. Keep trying to find your day to stop, the struggle is so worth it.

Peace, Levi
Old 08-14-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe aside from the voice think of all the stuff you can do without drinking to combat it. Stuff to look forward too everyday that requires a clear mind.

Fight the voice or ignore it.

One thing that keeps me going (especially when I'm feeling stressed) is that having a drink never solved anything and will only make me feel worse.

Hope this helps. Cut yourself some slack about relapsing - sometimes you have to quit a lot before you finally quit.

You'll get there!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tashna, tjhis is what I'm going through too. Maybe we can help each other. I'm so sad and stupid over my weekend and how I keep going back to the same ole Sh#t. I'm with ya. Right exactly today. Its my day one. Trying again, since 1993.

Rose