Hey there! Welcome back, friend!
Hows it going for you?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by miss communicat
Hey there! Welcome back, friend!
Hows it going for you?
Dear MissC,

Thank you for the "hisashiburi"--(Japanese for "long time, no see"). Right now it's going better.

As you may remember, back at the beginning of the year I was in the process of moving, starting a new job, getting used to sobriety, etc... Well anyway, I let the stress of the move and new job get to me. Here in Japan, most people pay their bills through automatic withdrawl. Well, the paperwork has to be done perfectly or they send it back. My Japanese isn't good enough to never make mistakes, so I kept getting these things sent back and it felt like everything was piling up. Add to that that it took over a month to get my Internet hooked up (and I was told that was quick), and I got stressed out. So one Friday after work I came home stressed out and thought, "My doctor didn't tell me I have to stop drinking, so why not have a few to relax?" Of course that led to one more excuse, than another, and so on, until I was back in my old routine.

I finally got sick and tired enough of being sick and tired and I'm going sober again. Tomorrow will be one week. I feel good, and last night I got a good night's sleep. I think I'm a little wiser now and I know what I have to do to combat the urge to drink, esp. when stressing. Of course, I can't guarantee it, but I'll take it a day at a time.

I've also decided that everyday I'm going to start out with a plan/goal. I'm not going to worry if I don't do it as planned or accomplish my goal, just so I start out with something in mind to do for the day. I'm writing a list of daily/weekly/monthly/yearly/long term goals right now.

Enough of me, how are you doing? I feel bad to ask this, but what happened to HATZ? Should we start it up again?

Take care.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

BMUS,

Thank you so much for catching us/me up! I can so relate to the intensity of life. I, too, have felt as though I am under siege lately.

In the last few months I have lost a family member, had my daughter (adult) end up in the hospital and then leave her treatment prematurely, my business building had an internal water leak for 2 weeks while I was away so that the ceiling came down in the main room, causing water and plaster damage everywhere and its not covered by the landlord. What else? Oh, I broke, I mean totally deleted and lost, my e-commerce website so I have to rebuild it from zero. That is 6 years' worth of work.

Due to the website store being lost, I have lost income, and this is another stress.

But, the good news is that I am sober. For me, I actually respond to stressful situations by wanting to remain lucid and alert because I seem to know inside of me that I need my wits most at that time. The biggest problem for me comes when all is peaceful, smooth sailing. Then my alcoholic thinking kicks in to tell me that maybe I am not really an alcoholic...I can drink just one glass of wine...and so on.

I cant really tell you how I've managed to stay sober since December, but SR is a huge part of it. and, maybe the unrelenting stress (lol)

Yeah...lets resurrect HATZ!!!!!!

Good to see you again. Stay close
Old 08-14-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am totally out of the loop? What is HATZ?

Also, I hope things go well for you in Japan. And I hope your ceiling is fixed soon and your website can be salvaged. I will say that you have an amazingly positive attitude about it all. That is awesome.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((BMUS)) Good to see ya back!! My little brain tells me all kinds of stuff. Most of it is BS!! LOL

((Miss C)) Wow!! That's all I can think to say!!

((freddie)) HATZ= Hands Across Time Zones, it was a thread here.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The biggest problem for me comes when all is peaceful, smooth sailing. Then my alcoholic thinking kicks in to tell me that maybe I am not really an alcoholic
Yes, it has always happened to me, and still happening...
Often I did drink to create that worst tomorrow .So that the depression and sickness following the next day would make me a take another decision to stop. The cycle repeated many times.
But now, after having stopped taking any sort of alcohol for the last two weeks, still the craving pops up at times, especially when I'm relaxed and well.. just to enjoy a drink.
I know this feeling,this craving, is the very symptom of my alcoholism.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Michael, It's really good to see you back here. It's too bad that the move took such a toll on you. I'm sure Rae (if she finally got a laptop) is smiling to see you around again.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by c'est la vie
Michael, It's really good to see you back here. It's too bad that the move took such a toll on you. I'm sure Rae (if she finally got a laptop) is smiling to see you around again.
Thanks so much. Today was one week.

To infinity and beyond........!

I'm off to bed soon. Take care and thanks again.