Notices

new

Old 08-13-2006, 02:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

I just re-read your first post - If the friend you are staying with is NOT clean & sober, is there a sober recovery house you can get into ?? Until you get on your feet ?? Living with someone using is pretty dangerous..But first things first...You are doing the right thing - finding some sober people to talk to as often as you want ..SR is here 24 hrs a day and if you want privacy you can sent private messages to any of us, to talk privately..just click on our name (above pic) and click on send private message - & type away)
  # 22 (permalink)  

I will look it up and have to go somewhere to call. I am at a friends house and I don't know what they would think. They have no desire to lead a sober productive life. They are nice enough to let me hang out here but it is not the desired place to be hanging out if you want to stay clean. I have been so depressed by not being able to talk with someone who wants a good life it seems. I want so bad to have a good life with good friends that can enjoy doing things besides drugs and alcohol. If there is anyone from the San Gabrial Valley or close to Pomona, or Ontario. Please send me an e-mail.
  # 23 (permalink)  

Bennmenn!
Nice to meet you, welcome to SR!
I've been here about a month. And new to Colorado about 2 months, from seattle too!
I came to this site as well, looking for answers, support, and friends. It has been well worthwhile.

Hang in there..we're all pulling for you ok!
Old 08-13-2006, 02:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Bennmenn

You ARE on the right path, now stay the course! Call NA/AA, go to a bunch of meetings. See what doors open for you. Stay with us here at SR. We care about you!
Old 08-13-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome bennmenn. I'm sorry you are having a tough day today. You are never alone. Find strength through support. Remember, we choose our own paths. Alcohol and drugs will lead us down the wrong road. You don't want to go there. Make the right choices and do the right thing. Don't drink or use today. Keep coming back. This is a great place with wonderful support.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

What is a sober living house? how do I locate one in my area? Do they cost money to get into? I am interested because I know I can't last long here. If you have any information on a sober place to get into in the West Covina CA area or one close by please let me know.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you

I am very thankful for all the help everyone has been giving me. I started crying thinking maybe I have hope afterall. I am going to try and reach someone by phone and maybe meet with someone soon. It is taking a lot to maintain being sober. I have a job interview in the morning and want to get rid of this depression. Thanks again
Old 08-13-2006, 03:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

A job interview already !!! FANTASTIC !!!!!!
I am in Canada so I don't know how it works down there...But our Prov(State) government - Social Welfare - Alcohol & Drug assistance has Sober Living houses & treatment centers that people can go to that the Gov't pays for - like - 1/2 way houses...If there is anything like that there - Maybe the Parol Board or a Detox Center might know about it....
Old 08-13-2006, 03:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

I'm so glad you are feeling hope.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome, yes, you are alive today and you do not have to pick up or use, there are many stories of hope here! There is a forum where you can read people's stories!
And there is always someone here with encouraging words.
Hope you find some practical living and support arrangements, I believe you will.
Good luck on your interview in the morning, we will be cheering for you!
Old 08-13-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

hey Bennmenn
this isn't my specialty, there may be other or better options, but I just found this:

http://www.soberhousing.net/san_gabriel.html
Old 08-13-2006, 03:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

upanddownjj

I wanted to send you a e-mail but I am not set up on this computer for e-mail I have to use *****.com. I noticed your boxer, is that the type of dog you have? I have had nothing but boxer dogs all my life. I lost my last one when I got sent away. I miss him terrible. Anyway I just wanted to thank you and I appreciate the help I am going to go and call that one phone number for the support in my area.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Keep reaching out, Bennmann. That's the way this works! And that's also why it is so important for me to have sober friends around me and go to meetings. We help each other!

Does anyone know how to get information on Oxford houses in the West Covina, CA area?

Here are some AA resources you can call. The person who answers will be able to direct you to some meetings that are close by and may also have some info on sober living houses. Let us know how it goes!

Alcoholics Anonymous - 3.4 miles S - 15915 Main St, La Puente, 91744 - (626) 333-9310
Alcoholics Anonymous - 11 miles E - 898 N Garey Ave, Pomona, 91767 - (909) 629-5667
Alcoholics Anonymous - 11 miles W - 2518 W Beverly Blvd, Montebello, 90640 - (323) 887-8720
Old 08-13-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Yep - that's my baby - I've had boxers all my life - Once you've had one you never switch eh - Hey thanks Zoro !! I just started a thread asking for anyone in California to contact you Benn if they know anything about sober housing... Zoro - you are such a fountain of information and SOOO helpful...good guy to connect with benn
Old 08-13-2006, 03:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

bennmenn - you can send a private message - just click on my name here (above the boxer) it will give you a few choices - click on send a private message - then you can send one
Old 08-13-2006, 03:45 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Thumbs up Hi Again Bennmenn

I just want to make sure that you got the message I sent you about looking at the bottom of the page re: sober living....I have to sign off for a bit here...But I will check back on you later...

Janni
Old 08-13-2006, 03:46 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is the link that we have here on SR for info on Sober Living Houses.

I hope you can find something in your area:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/links/s...vinghomes.html
Old 08-13-2006, 03:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

There is Hope

I just called my family in Washington State. They are going to try and get me a motel room tonight so I can get out of this place and from there I will make some phone calls. I will try and get back on-line to this group as soon as I can get on a computer again.
Thanks
Ben
Old 08-13-2006, 03:56 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi upanddownjj

Yes I got the information and I am going to look into it. I am getting ready to leave and make some calls.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:03 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Thumbs up YIPPEE !! Your Higher Power is watching out for you

Oh I'm so happy for you...There is usually a computer at all libraries that you can use for free !!! maybe the motel will have one....YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS UNTIL I HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN !!!! I am so happy for you !!

Keep in touch and I know you will find a meeting and a face to face sober friend....

Janni