SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   4 days...... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/100398-4-days.html)

HobbyHorse 08-12-2006 08:57 AM

4 days......

Hello all,
Reading your posts has helped me through the first 4 days of no alcohol or painkillers. My hands and eyeballs have stopped rattling just enough for me to attempt to type, although it took me a v e r y long time just to get logged in. My temper is short, the days (and nights) are long, but I do know it will get better.

Anna 08-12-2006 09:17 AM

Congratulations Hobby Horse!

It sounds like you're doing well and I hope you keep posting and use the support that SR offers.

Erin 08-12-2006 10:24 AM

It totally gets wayyyy, wayyy, wayyy better!!!

Way to go on four days!!!

FallGirl 08-12-2006 10:32 AM

I'm on my 4th day to Hobby Horse! YAY US!!!

Stay Strong!
:dance1a:

FallGirl

mygirls_mylife 08-12-2006 10:35 AM

You should start feeling better soon!!!! You have accomplished so much. Be very proud, BUT do not forget what it felt like to get you here. You only have to do this ONCE!!!!!

Star

CarolD 08-12-2006 10:53 AM

:cheer Welcome to SR!!

Well done on your sober time
you never have to drink or use again!

HobbyHorse 08-12-2006 11:02 AM

Thanks everyone. FallGirl, you and I will have to compare notes as we go along.
Today is a struggle since it's the weekend and my husband is up my ----. He's supportive, but to him that means asking me stuff all the time. What are you drinking? What do you want to do? We need to clean stalls.Do you want to swim?We could give the horses a bath.How are you feeling?I think you'd feel better if you worked on something physical instead of sitting in front of the computer or just watching tv.Is there anything you want to do?

Yes, I want to hit you with a whiffle ball bat until I'm tired enough to actually sleep. How does that sound? grrrr......

CarolD 08-12-2006 11:23 AM

A swim would be a better idea.
:c005:

FallGirl 08-12-2006 11:35 AM

LOL! i know how you feel - i've been pretty irritated the last couple of days myself! (KILL THE HUSBAND!) :kidding:
my husband is just the opposite though, if we don't talk about it, it doesn't exist! when i made the decision to quit he was totally supportive and talked with me at length, but now when i have a craving i feel i can't really talk to him. his answer is, just don't do it! which is true, but i guess i need a little bit more... but thats why i come here! :banana:
all the support here is great!

take care! i hear it gets easier - i hope so! definately lets keep each other updated!

Stay Strong
:Val004:
FallGirl

nogard 08-12-2006 04:04 PM

Fantastic Hobby Horse and welcome to SR :)

Turkey 08-12-2006 04:55 PM

Hobbyhorse and Fall Girl, I'm on day 4 AGAIN, after falling off after 8....impressive huh?:kidding: I'm trying to get back on track after going on a binge.
As far as the husbands...they mean well, but it stinks when you get soo irritable after the first few days:hypnotize . I've bit his head off more times then I can count but God Bless the man he hangs in there!!
Welcome to SR these people are wonderful.....

Smyle 08-12-2006 05:22 PM

Hey there and welcome to SR ....I live in a small town in Missouri too......My hubby was doing that the other day and I was like you..thinking LEAVE ME BE ....

I am glad you are here and great job on 4 days.....your temper will mellow out.....I am at 2 1/2 months clean from pain meds and other drugs and I am getting to a better place mentally and can control my temper better.

It really does get easier ....take care and hang in there !!!!

We are here for you !!!!!

~Beezy

HobbyHorse 08-13-2006 08:34 AM

I slept for 6 1/2 hours last night! Probably, Carol, because I did decide to swim instead of beating him with the bat:a043: I guess hubby picked up on the fact that I wasn't having a great day because he went to pick up chinese food for me - but he refused to pee outside after I had cleaned all the bathrooms (suddenly this is a problem??? go figure)

FallGirl how are you doing today? And Turkey - hello from another resident of God's country! Hang in there. Thanks to all for the new welcome posts!

I'm not sure what to expect of the next 2 1/2 days. My daughter will be out this afternoon to drop off the grandkids (age 3 & 5) until Tuesday. My daughter is sooo type A, she makes coffee nervous.

leviathon 08-13-2006 08:38 AM

LMAO, you all are doing great... approaching this with a sense of humour is a good plan. At times those that love and care can seem irritating, but they are there because they love and care... value you that.

I am proud of all of you and wish you luck. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Peace, Levi