Class of January 2024 Support Thread Part 3

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 01-30-2024, 01:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Hi Steely.
I wrote to you, but I forgot that the other thread was closed.
Those new changes that you made to your flat sound wonderful. Itís nice to freshen up your surroundings. I think that it makes you feel happier too. Iím glad you found those other items of clothing to wear. I found a very pretty scarf that was tucked away in my closet. I brought it out to wear with my topcoat. It was like a Christmas gift!
The new pieces of furniture will be an ice change as well.

Still having difficulty sleeping. But Iím only 18 days out and it makes sense. You canít abuse your body and expect it to work like a piece of machinery.
Please check in Deplorable Dog. Missing your ODAAT roll call. If you need some space, letís us know that, too.
Old 01-30-2024, 01:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I first thought you said "an ice change." In some ways that true too, the opening of the space makes it a little icy. In a good clean way.

The larger trestle will act as computer desk, with smaller table turning it into a credenza.
I wanted to create work space.

18 days is still really early Peke. Being kind to yourself, not driving yourself is important too. Perfection is a hard task master. I'm giving it the sack. Lol

I hope you get some some sleep tonight.

Old 01-30-2024, 01:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's day 40 off booze but you couldn't tell it looking at my bedroom. There's no empty beer cans but it looks like a tornado swept through. In a pretty dark spot the last few days.
Old 01-30-2024, 01:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have 40 days, and dark days can be expected. Try pull out of it. Transcend it. And if you can't, come here.

It will pass. It'll change. That's sobriety for you. But at least it changes. Drunk never does.

Edit: Sometimes I write trash.
Old 01-30-2024, 02:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 484.
Old 01-30-2024, 02:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RAL

Congrats on 40 days ff
can u get out today. Go to a meeting see a friend. Speak to your psych nurse or gp about your meds. Get a walk. Maybe tomorrow you'll feel in better hea space to clean your room 😀

Hi peke it's great you're thinking through different options. Re dr pekes eating habits it's just not something you can control please let it go fir your own peace of mind
Old 01-30-2024, 04:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One of the nice things about being Clean and Sober is that not only my physical being doesn't have toxins in it,
I've also been busy cleaning up my home and getting back to enjoying it.
As I'm a widower who drank excessively,
I let the place slowly turn into a cluttered pig sty.
I've been tackling more things around the house that I've let go.
It's so freeing to sell/donate extra stuff!
I did a thorough scrubbing of bathroom yesterday and ordered new rugs for it

Anyway, I'm heading out to breakfast soon with one of my favorite adult nephews who is a camping/fishing buddy of mine.
We catch up and have some laughs.

I hope you all have a good sober day!
Old 01-30-2024, 04:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Zenith, you sound so great and I am really happy for you!!

I had a really great day yesterday and look forward to today. I am doing some volunteering. I have been practicing French for an upcoming trip, I have been playing my guitar, I have been exercising more, learning about art, and keeping up with current events. My days have been very beautifully full lately. I'm one of those crazy people who actually love winter, lol. Have a great day, all!
Old 01-30-2024, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oglsby, I went to Paris for a month 5 years ago.
I kinda crash learned French at last minute,
Obviously just the niceties and how to order coffee!
I have a trip to Rome planned for October.
This time I started watching Italian lessons early on utube.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Love it, guys

Excited for both of you!!!

And I also love winter, Og.

And now I want to go to Paris and Rome. (Haven't been to Rome ).
Old 01-30-2024, 08:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I first thought you said "an ice change." In some ways that true too, the opening of the space makes it a little icy. In a good clean way.

The larger trestle will act as computer desk, with smaller table turning it into a credenza.
I wanted to create work space.

18 days is still really early Peke. Being kind to yourself, not driving yourself is important too. Perfection is a hard task master. I'm giving it the sack. Lol

I hope you get some some sleep tonight.
Haha! It was late, I sure did write Ďice changeĒ. But I think you KWIM.
Eighteen days is definitely early.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning all
I got seven (7!) hours of sleep last night. I feel grateful.

Congrats on day 40 FF. How are you feeling overall?
Zenith thatís exciting! Take me in your carry to Rome, lol. I would love to go to France someday. Enjoy our breakfast this morning.
Volunteering is the best Og. Iím sure it makes you feel good. I know that a lot of ppl work full time and wish that they could do more.
I love winter too. In fact I get bummed out when the summer comes. Heat and bugsÖbot arenít for me.

Husband is ďthinking of vacationĒ through my eyes. Weíll see
Old 01-30-2024, 08:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

On the struggle bus. But sober.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RAL

Great news Zenith and Ogs

Oh I love love Rome. Been 3 times. It's one of my favourite city breaks. So much to see and the food is fabulous. I love the Hop on hop off bus! Can sit on it all day!!
Old 01-30-2024, 09:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good to hear that FF. Write to us if youíre struggling. Donít let bad thoughts creep in.

I went to Rome right after college, RAL. It was beautiful!
I have so many places on my bucket list: Paris, Prague, Sydney, Dublin, London, Tokyo, Oslo. Iíd also love to visit Argentina and Chile.

Husband just got home! Heís is a great mood: out early and no charts to do tonight. Iím so excited. I canít believe this.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
RAL

Sorry you're struggling FF. stick around with us
Old 01-30-2024, 09:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenithboy88 View Post
Oglsby, I went to Paris for a month 5 years ago.
I kinda crash learned French at last minute,
Obviously just the niceties and how to order coffee!
I have a trip to Rome planned for October.
This time I started watching Italian lessons early on utube.

Hey Zenith,
I used to know French really well, so unfortunately I pushed it too long and now I am on an eight-week crunch. I only want to be able to say basic things, and I am surprised how much I remember from so long ago, but I overstudied yesterday and Babbel is good but it also throws in words I haven't heard since college and it's cool because I remember them but I overdid it yesterday. It felt like it got confusing in a hurry. I'm excited about this trip as I have only been to England, Scotland, and Ireland, so I have never seen France (which has always been my #1) and I also have never been to Italy.
This summer I am going to The Netherlands and Belgium. I will be starting career #2 in the Fall, but in the coming years I hope to go out of the country once a year and somewhere in the US once a year. I used to travel extensively but really slacked in the past 10 years.

Hugs Venus! I'm most looking forward to Paris and Rome since I have already been to London, but I didn't plan London well the last time so I missed a lot. This trip is a lot more coordinated.

Peke--I think it is a great idea if you are able to let your husband, Dr. Peke as RAL says (love that!) go on this trip himself. I remember how horribly miserable you were last time and it seems too soon in my personal opinion with how well you are doing and with how your new recovery journey is refreshed. I really enjoy volunteering and hope to be able to continue when I go back to work full time in the fall. I retired from my last career and am starting career #2 in September.

Freedom: You know we are always here for you so please post away.

RAL: Very proud of you for the alcohol and codeine. I had a stint with Vicodin and it was not good. Luckily that is 12 years ago now.

I hope everyone else is having a good day!
Old 01-30-2024, 10:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 30. I can't believe January is already coming to an end.

I spent the last two days setting up a plan to get myself back into shape. I wrote it all out in a journal and found an online app as well. We're going on a cruise in 6 weeks, so it doesn't give me a lot of time. I'm meeting a friend for lunch who wants to do it with me. She has some dementia so I sent her a copy of our plan and bought her a journal as well. We're going to go over it at lunch and then we will text each other every day to check in and share our accomplishments. Hopefully that will help her remember to follow her plan and help her get healthier as well.

Congratulations to you all for all your milestones. It makes me happy to see that we can keep going through the good and the bad. Keep it up ODAAT!

Have a great day/night!
Old 01-30-2024, 10:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Zenith & Oglsby, it's so good to hear you are both keeping busy and enjoying the benefits of sobriety.

MagnumCat, setting up a plan to get into shape is a good idea. And, sharing it with a friend will help you both.

Peke, I hope the vacation-thinking turns into reality. It sounds like you have lots of places in mind to visit.

FF, stay focused and keep moving forward.