Old 01-14-2024, 02:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

: Dee

Shotgun

Another good day to stay sober.
Old 01-14-2024, 03:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In class again. Pledging for today. Day 468.
Old 01-14-2024, 03:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Met some old friends. I didn't even think and reached out for a cigarette, and then I pulled my hand back in

I don't want to drink or smoke. But my hand moved on its own haha.

I don't know exactly how long I've been sober, but its approximately a few months. So I'm patting myself on the back with a new set of socks and dumbells.
Old 01-14-2024, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Thanks for the new thread, Dee. Checking in on day 70. Ten weeks! Wohoo! 🎉
Old 01-14-2024, 05:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 193 ODAAT
Old 01-14-2024, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeplorableDog View Post
The pot roast I made yesterday is gone. Nine quart crock pot, two people in the house and it is gone. Nope we didn't eat it all. I had just got it out and turned the crock pot back on to reheat it for tonight when my wife's friend called. They come up with the idea to make some sandwiches and go feed homeless people downtown. I interrupted and said, "The temp is zero, they are not even going to speak to you for a sandwich." She asked me, "So what do we take then?" I reached over and flicked the crock pot on high and said, "Give that about two hours and take it." She went to the store to buy throw away bowls and spoons and I went out to the garage and got my cigarette lighter jack plug-in that converts it to 110 volts. It has two blue-tooth jacks and two plug-ins like your wall has. We bought it initially to charge phones or use a laptop on family vacations but I knew it could also power a crock pot. My wife came home with the crock pot empty. She told me the first group of homeless people they found were hovered together under blankets. They offered them sandwiches and none of them budged. But when they offered them beef stew from a hot pot they came out from under them blankets so fast.
What an incredibly beautiful thing to do!!! ❤️💗🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍

You and your wife are very special people, DD. s xx
Old 01-14-2024, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

DD- just wanted to say again how wonderful what you and your wife did was! Love that. (Also got your PM and wrote back to you).
Congrats Lixie! 🥳👊
Hi Venus, Zen cat and Dee!!
Good job phonk. Hope to see you in the fitness section today!! Going on a hike soon with a friend.

Waking up sober is a great feeling.
Old 01-14-2024, 09:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've been on Naltrexone for a week and I think it's helping re alcohol. I've drank on Naltrexone before and it wasn't really enjoyable. So hopefully when I get out of the psych ward, I won't want to bother with alcohol.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I've been on Naltrexone for a week and I think it's helping re alcohol. I've drank on Naltrexone before and it wasn't really enjoyable. So hopefully when I get out of the psych ward, I won't want to bother with alcohol.
Great news FF. Wish I could get Naltrexone.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Fun but chilly three mile hike with a friend.
Old 01-14-2024, 02:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on milestones met and life lived Zen, Runner, Phonk Lixie , Ddog, Peke, FF and Suze

D
Old 01-14-2024, 02:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Moi? What did I miss?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......well yeah, it's pretty cool. All of us making vows to ourselves to live our best lives. ❤️
Old 01-14-2024, 03:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 14. I haven't left the house in five days besides to shovel. It's been way to cold to go anywhere! We even received an alert last evening asking everyone in the province to turn off all non-essential lights and appliances in order to avoid rotating power outages. We'll probably get another one tonight. It worked since no one wants to be without power when it's -38C.

DDog, I loved reading your post. What a great thing you all did to help those homeless people. I love reading stories like this. It makes me stop and wonder what I can do to help people as well. We need more positivity in this world.

Congratulations everyone on all your milestones and every baby step forward. That's all it takes. 💝
Old 01-14-2024, 04:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I know. -38C is not even imaginable to me; it scares me. I can barely cope with -25C. That scared the stuffing out in 2022. s ❤️
Old 01-14-2024, 04:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
Checking in on day 14. I haven't left the house in five days besides to shovel. It's been way to cold to go anywhere! We even received an alert last evening asking everyone in the province to turn off all non-essential lights and appliances in order to avoid rotating power outages. We'll probably get another one tonight. It worked since no one wants to be without power when it's -38C.

DDog, I loved reading your post. What a great thing you all did to help those homeless people. I love reading stories like this. It makes me stop and wonder what I can do to help people as well. We need more positivity in this world.

Congratulations everyone on all your milestones and every baby step forward. That's all it takes. 💝
Oh boy! Is that cold….ppl where I live are scared because it’s 14° at night now.
Old 01-14-2024, 04:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Magnum, that's just brutal. I hope there is some relief in the cold temperatures soon.

Old 01-14-2024, 05:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
The Dog

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
What an incredibly beautiful thing to do!!! ❤️💗🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍

You and your wife are very special people, DD. s xx
Thanks Venus and others, I don't feel like I was as special as my wife and her friend. I simply made the food which believe it or not I enjoy doing. I need something to do when the weather is this miserable because guess what I was doing a year ago if we had a cold snap like this? My wife and her friends were the ones out there in negative digits serving it to homeless people. I found out later that the ladies gave away all of their gloves except for my wives pair and they took turns wearing them the rest of the time out in the cold. And I haven't even told my wife this yet. I went to the grocery store this morning and bought a large bag of pinto beans in case they want to go again. I already have lots of ham in the freezer.
Old 01-14-2024, 07:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It was truly beautiful DD.

And agree with Dee. Homelessness, and poverty are not restricted to a particular country. It is global.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Very cold tonight. Heading to bed. Night all.