# 61 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Checking in on the eve of day 73.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:23 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Liz honey, I am SO happy for you. s ❤️

Old 01-17-2024, 12:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I could be going home in a week. I'll be taking Naltrexone and I know drinking on Naltrexone is very meh. I'm just going to be so stressed coming up to my court date. Hopefully I don't turn to alcohol. I'll be meeting again with my probation officer shortly after release and hopefully he'll give me a good report. If I can say I've been sober since Dec 23rd, that would be helpful. And the fact I'm now taking naltrexone will work in my favour. And the fact I'm on a low dose of valium and not enough Ativan to kill a small foal like when I committed the offence.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:29 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Liz honey, I am SO happy for you. s ❤️

Thank you, Suze. I have dreamed of this, and now I’m doing it!
Old 01-17-2024, 12:31 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Checking in. Slept badly last night but they’re giving me a sleeping pill tonight. 3rd physical therapy session left to get through today. They say I’m doing great and I’ll take that.

Dee you are correct about not having another recovery left at some point. This was a major eye opener. I have a recovery plan and am lucky to be alive.

Take care everyone.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:33 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sorry I missed that, dear Imvalentine; sending you oodles of love. s ❤️❤️
Old 01-17-2024, 01:15 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lmvalentine View Post
Checking in. Slept badly last night but they’re giving me a sleeping pill tonight. 3rd physical therapy session left to get through today. They say I’m doing great and I’ll take that.

Dee you are correct about not having another recovery left at some point. This was a major eye opener. I have a recovery plan and am lucky to be alive.

Take care everyone.
Hope you get a good sleep.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:11 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Lixie I’m so proud of you!! WOO-HOO!
Old 01-17-2024, 02:12 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I could be going home in a week. I'll be taking Naltrexone and I know drinking on Naltrexone is very meh. I'm just going to be so stressed coming up to my court date. Hopefully I don't turn to alcohol. I'll be meeting again with my probation officer shortly after release and hopefully he'll give me a good report. If I can say I've been sober since Dec 23rd, that would be helpful. And the fact I'm now taking naltrexone will work in my favour. And the fact I'm on a low dose of valium and not enough Ativan to kill a small foal like when I committed the offence.
Sending you support FR. Please don’t drink. You need to make some changes to get through these proceedings.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:25 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

How kind are ppl?? Let me tell you!!
My husband left for the ER for his shift at 6:30 pm last night.
He tried to drive home at 10:30 am today. But we had a huge snow storm.
He got stuck on a road several miles from our home.
So he pulled into one of friends driveways. (They are elderly couple and are in my bike club and have a tandem ebike). They saw him sitting in their driveway and immediately got him. They made my husband tea, breakfast and sat him in front of a warm fireplace. Not a soul was driving by. I have many nice neighbors but I didn’t want to risk their safety by asking them to get my husband back from my friends home. But they were so lovely to him!!
While this was going on, I decided to walk up and down our road. To see if anyone was driving and to ask them if the roads were safe. I drive a front wheel drive Honda accord with no snow tires. 35 minutes goes by. No one passes. All that I hear form friends and from Facebook is that there are tons of accidents and no one should be on the road.

Finally a man in a huge pickup truck sees me. I waved to him and he pulled over. I asked him how the roads were, he says “miserable”. And that his truck is too heavy and he’s switching to his lighter truck. He asks me why I’m asking him about the roads. I tell him that I’m trying to get my husband home from a friends home. He asked me what I drive and I told him. He says “no way are you driving in this weather”. So he *offered* to get my husband. I told him thank you so much but no, he’s safe at my friend’s home. And he says “I have to run into town to get an RX. I insist”.

I have huge issues with accepting help from others. I think that I mentioned that if you gave me a rose, I’d send you one dozen.

I said “thank you but we’re okay” again, and began to walk back to our home. He joking said “I’m going to follow you back and not leave unit you tell me where your husband is! We’re going to get him back home!” 😳 ♥️

So I told him where my husband was. And this ***complete stranger** went to get my husband in a snow storm. Now my husband is home and fast asleep in bed.
I asked this man to give me his address. I wanted to send him a gift and thank you card. He refused . He said that I should “pay it forward”.
I’m so touched. I’m close to tears. There are so many kind and altruistic ppl in the world.
Thank you for letting me share this.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
needingtochange

Peke, glad to hear you're both at home and warm. There are too few kind people in the world sometimes. That makes pick up guy shine like a star.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:42 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

That was a very kind gesture by the truck driver Peke.

I like the idea of a random "pay it forward" more than the dozen roses. The universal making the world go around. Perfect.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:09 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks Steely and Needing!
Old 01-17-2024, 10:51 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Committing to Day 18 here, had my first real test yesterday, resentments / anger of people owing me money nearly sent me to get some booze and marijuana. It didn’t and they paid me. Silly thoughts of self destruction.
Old 01-18-2024, 01:07 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m glad you made it through FreddyGeorge congrats

congrats Lixie runner, Ddog, FF, Ayers and Basset Dog & congrats as well to all those not keeping score

what a great neighbourly story Peke!

D
Old 01-18-2024, 01:20 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

24 more sober and alcohol free hours please. Up early today.
Old 01-18-2024, 01:43 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I let resentment get to me last night. A patient wanted the dim evening lights switched off at 7:30pm yesterday evening when I was studying. So like an idiot I went into the bathroom and drank sixteen 125ml cups of water. Then like three minutes later a nurse came in and turned the evening lights back on lol, because they're not supposed to go off til bedtime.

Doing well today. Just drank coffee and some coke zero so far.
Old 01-18-2024, 02:56 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
The Dog

Day 197 ODAAT Woke up early this morning, couldn't go back to sleep but that doesn't mean I am going to drink.
Old 01-18-2024, 03:03 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 472.
Old 01-18-2024, 03:32 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I guess I'm on day 27. Four weeks tomorrow but of course I've been sectioned for four weeks. I drank a naggin (200ml of vodka) while the nurses were on their way to my house. I haven't really had to stretch my sober muscles in any way while locked up so it'll be like day 1 when I'm released minus the hangover.