Notices

Class of September Support Thread 2023 Part 2

Old 09-21-2023, 03:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 354.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:02 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ToughChoices View Post
First day back in practice was a total success!!! I was able to be of good service to my patients and co-workers, and I feel terrific.

It was lovely to be surrounded by all of my people, and I had ZERO desire to use! ZERO.

“We recoil from it as from a hot flame. We react sanely and normally, and we will find that this has happened automatically.”
-Big Book 84-85

Here’s to continuing down this road of recovery! This is awesome!
You just put a smile on my heart, dearest TC—beautiful. ❤️

And congratulations on such a wonderfully successful first day back—you are an incredible power of example, and I am very happy for you!!! ❤️
Old 09-21-2023, 04:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 21 days, dear Citygirl—THAT IS FANTASTIC!!! s ❤️

Sending you healing love, dearest FF—we are all with you. s

Awesome, RAL, and I hear you. s For different reasons, I am on the same weight battle as you—we can do it. We ARE doing it. You are doing fabulously all around!! s ❤️

Your husband did a three-mile hike, Peke? So, did he read your thread, or was that just a coincidence? Glad you had a good night/morning!! ❤️

Hi kittencat, great to see you, and a year sober is magic!!! ❤️

Liz—sounds like that was a very powerful conversation. ❤️

Zen, Runner and DD—congrats on your days, always ❤️❤️❤️

And Dee, I hope it isn't crazy hot there—I have been reading all about your El Ninjo weather s ❤️

And love to you too, OTM and Anna s ❤️❤️

And hi, NLSteve
Old 09-21-2023, 05:15 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Happy sober Thursday everyone!!
Today is day 25 for myself. So excited.
Twelve minute core class this morning 🥳
Old 09-21-2023, 05:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi Venus:
“ Your husband did a three-mile hike, Peke? So, did he read your thread, or was that just a coincidence? Glad you had a good night/morning!! ❤️”
He dint read my thread….but I showed him most of your replies!!! And it worked. I didn’t ask for anything and he did his longest hike ever! Followed by a ten minute abdominal workout!!!!
We had a brief talk last night. He said he wants to “get fit” and “get healthy… I’m so happy. Let’s see if it lasts.
Thank you, Venus…❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 09-21-2023, 05:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

FF- sorry to hear about this. How are you doing now?
Old 09-21-2023, 05:23 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I’m thrilled for you Toughchoices! Great to hear this!!
Hi Anna, RAL, Dee, Zencat City girl, Lixie…
Old 09-21-2023, 05:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi all. I spent all night reading through this thread including the part 1.
It’s been rough. I guess I’m on attempt four over the last couple of years. I guess I’m a slow learner.
Like the other times there has been physical challenges, this time more severe. Sick to my stomach, loss of taste, diarrhea, shakes, shivers.
Couldn’t stay in bed last night for fear of being sick. That was the first day 1 after a few attempts at day 1’s that ended in succumbing to the need for at least a smaller amount than what I had been using. I take hope in others words that it will get better.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
FF- sorry to hear about this. How are you doing now?
Thanks Peke. I feel better now. Moment of madness and all.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:30 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
RAL

More annoying things today. . Why can't life just be simple just for once. Feel like I'm on edge again. Been like this 3 days now. Just little stuff going wrong. I really am trying to stay calm put stuff in perspective and just keep going. I wont drink just looking for a break.

When I've been busy and have loads of commitments it throws me . Exhausts me. Just need to stay calm
Old 09-21-2023, 10:15 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NLSteve View Post
Hi all. I spent all night reading through this thread including the part 1.
It’s been rough. I guess I’m on attempt four over the last couple of years. I guess I’m a slow learner.
Like the other times there has been physical challenges, this time more severe. Sick to my stomach, loss of taste, diarrhea, shakes, shivers.
Couldn’t stay in bed last night for fear of being sick. That was the first day 1 after a few attempts at day 1’s that ended in succumbing to the need for at least a smaller amount than what I had been using. I take hope in others words that it will get better.
I am sorry you feel lousy, but it will get better, I promise. s

Day 1 is AWESOME!!!! ❤️
Old 09-21-2023, 10:18 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
More annoying things today. . Why can't life just be simple just for once. Feel like I'm on edge again. Been like this 3 days now. Just little stuff going wrong. I really am trying to stay calm put stuff in perspective and just keep going. I wont drink just looking for a break.

When I've been busy and have loads of commitments it throws me . Exhausts me. Just need to stay calm
I am thinking that Dee might say that it sounds like your AV is looking for an excuse.

Or probably not; he would say something more profound.

But seriously, little stuff going wrong is kind of the definition of life most of the time.
I bet you are dealing with each thing and fixing it because you rock!! s ❤️
Old 09-21-2023, 10:27 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

This is so weird. We have decided to stop drinking, and I have no desire to drink. Still, there is something within me that wants to go out and get something to drink. The AV, I guess. Well, it won't win today. 33 minutes until the beer sale ends, and I am knitting.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:35 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

AV looking for an excuse indeed. I’ve been reflecting deeply on what my excuse was this last time. I took on a job that I shouldn’t have. I’m 59 and suffer from severe back problems and increasingly annoying arthritis. The job involved leading a team of three others for six weeks at a mine processing plant repairing damage from a flood. I told myself going in that I was going to let the young guys do the hard work, and that I was the project manager. That lasted about a week before I started crawling up and down ladders and over machinery for 6 weeks strait, 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day. Then home to spend a few more hours each day on logistics and paperwork. It caught up to me and near the end of the job my pain relief / sleep supplement became you know what. Sadly as you may have guessed it quickly progressed from being a couple of drinks before bed to considerably more than that. The worst part is I knew it was happening as it happened.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:43 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Gosh Steve, that is one heck of a tough job. The toughest there is, in my mind. And with a bad back, at our age? Oy. Not fun at all. s

But as far as seeing it was happening and doing it anyway, gosh, I was the same way. It's a big part of the shame for us alcoholics, I think. And the addiction. If it was easy, we could take ourselves to a doctor and say: look, I am drinking too much and I need to stop and manage my back pain.

I think you should be really proud of digging yourself out from under this, Steve. And keep going. It is SO worth it. s ❤️❤️
Old 09-21-2023, 10:57 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks Suze yes you are right. Just little stuff. I am staying calm and sober
Old 09-21-2023, 12:55 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Going to bed sober. Night guys. And thanks.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Night Liz s xx
And well done, you! ❤️
Old 09-21-2023, 12:59 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
RAL

Night Liz x
Old 09-21-2023, 01:00 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
RAL

Congrats on getting through day 1 Steve