Notices

Class of September Support Thread 2023 Part 2

Old 09-27-2023, 10:47 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Huh? How on earth did they serve him that much alcoholóthat is not even legal. Jeez, indeed. That is an absolutely disgraceful way to behave on an airplane, or anywhere.

I would be concerned; no one wants a drunk passenger on board, so sure, staying in your lane is good, most of the time. In this case, I would have a quiet word with a flight attendant. s
Old 09-27-2023, 10:50 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
RAL

Sorry suze I meant those smaller bottles they seve on airplanes

He was not drunk or badly behaved just dont get why he was wearing a smart t shirt when boozing 🥶
Old 09-27-2023, 10:53 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Sorry suze I meant those smaller bottles they seve on airplanes

He was not drunk or badly behaved just dont get why he was wearing a smart t shirt when boozing 🥶
Still, 3 x 187ml bottles is 561 mls, which is overserving. Not right at all by the flight staff. xx

And maybe his girlfriend bought him the shirt, lol. One way or the other, he is not acting smart.
Old 09-27-2023, 10:55 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
RAL

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Still, 3 x 187ml bottles is 561 mls, which is overserving. Not right at all by the flight staff. xx
Yes and I was surprised as it was Turkish airlines so Muslim. At least the intro drink they give out were all non alcoholic
Old 09-27-2023, 10:56 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
RAL

Got through the day sober. No cravings. 9pm here so eating fruit on balcony the bed.

Hope everyone has had a good day x
Old 09-27-2023, 11:28 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Fantastic, love. s

And I bet the room is gorgeous.
Goodnight, sleep tight. xx ❤️
Old 09-27-2023, 12:09 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

Iím glad you got through the day RALÖdonít let the guy or his t shirt rent anymore space in your headÖthink back to your initial reactionÖmaybe that really was a sign for you today

D
Old 09-27-2023, 12:39 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks Dee you are right. A sign that has strengthened my sobriety.

Good night to you all from the city where east meets west 😀
Old 09-27-2023, 03:09 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Got through the day sober. No cravings. 9pm here so eating fruit on balcony the bed.

Hope everyone has had a good day x
Hooray!! Glad to hear this RAL!
Old 09-27-2023, 05:03 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Jealous RAL. Have a Turkish coffee and cup of chai for me,
Old 09-27-2023, 05:05 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Yeah, I am going to echo that request. ❤️
Old 09-27-2023, 09:11 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Great club ride tonight: PR for me! 13.8 mph (thatís fast esp for so of my stature) with 1,300 ft of climbing and 23 miles.
It was myself and seven guys. Was hoping for a PR of 14 mph. But hey, Iíll take this!
Afterwords, we went to our local bar. And hung out. I never feel like drinking when Iím with others. But part of me really wanted to stop at the supermarket on the way home and get some alcohol. But then the conversation at the bar talked about how we are all Getting older. And how being fit has made us feel like weíve hit the lottery in a lot of ways. We all look pretty good for our ages, and we all realize how lucky we are to be able to accomplish these types of goals. The vice president of the bi club looked at me and he said ďpeak you have made such amazing progress this summer quotes . That was incredible to hear. I took a year off after I was hit and so Iíve only been cycling since April technically. But it meant a lot. Moving forward I have to stop focusing on what other people say about me and look in the mirror, and tell myself that Iím proud of myself.
Anyway, my point was that I really wanted to drink afterwards. Sometimes the urge to drink hits me when things are going well. Itís not always when Iím feeling insecure. But all I had to do was think about the outcome: I donít want one drink. I just want to get drunk. Which means I will have ruined everything that Iíve worked for. It will also mean that I will wake up tomorrow hung over And honestly who wants that?
To be honest, I think one reason that Iím able to hang onto my sobriety this long is that my hangovers have been awful. And thatís a good thing!
Iím sorry that I wrote so much. Thank you all for listening.
Old 09-27-2023, 09:39 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all.

Hi Peke that's a great compliment from your biker chum. Just because we love ourselves dense mean we are not happy when someone else compliments us too 😀

Great result on getting through not drinking. Writing it out on here and talking about it really helps me too and stops me from drinking.

Day 39. Nearly 8am. Oh I have a sea view room 😀 couldn't see it last night. Beautiful. Going on a tour today then hamam experience then my friend arrives. Will check in regularly x
Old 09-27-2023, 09:47 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Hi Peke that's a great compliment from your biker chum. Just because we love ourselves dense mean we are not happy when someone else compliments us too 😀

Great result on getting through not drinking. Writing it out on here and talking about it really helps me too and stops me from drinking.

Day 39. Nearly 8am. Oh I have a sea view room 😀 couldn't see it last night. Beautiful. Going on a tour today then hamam experience then my friend arrives. Will check in regularly x
RAL:
Yes! Thinking or writing out the outcomes of post binge-drinking is so helpful. Because tonight might be fun. But my goshÖwhat will tomorrow be like? What will I have done? Who will I have texted? What will I have said? Maybe some day Iíll be able to slowly sip on a glass of wine. But thatís sure not what my AV wants. It wants me to drink an entire bottle (plus some extra). And fall asleep in a pool of drool. Itís not a good look.

A sea view room sounds lovely! Oh wow!
I hope that you enjoy your tour! Please check back in with us. Youíve got this!!!
Old 09-27-2023, 10:29 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Good morning. It's day 23. Up at 6am which is reasonable. Going to do a few sets of push ups coming up to breakfast I've gone from 5/5/5 two weeks ago to 10/10/10 on Tuesday. So building a little muscle.
Old 09-27-2023, 10:58 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

FF: thatís great progress!! Congrats on 23 days. Happy for you!
Old 09-27-2023, 11:37 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
The Dog

85 days quit ODAAT good job ff
Old 09-28-2023, 01:28 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Thanks Peke and Dog.

Getting really agitated by the fluid restriction. Ended up binge eating at breakfast. 820kcal. At least it'll help build muscle. Walked around the courtyard for about 40 minutes. Going to do a lot of walking today. Will eat a normal dinner and supper.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:21 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 361.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:39 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
RAL

Sounds difficult ff I'm sorry you are going through this but it's good you are in there where they can help you.