Notices

Class of March 2023 Part 1

Old 03-01-2023, 11:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Count me in.
On day 14 here and feel like Im on a roll now.
Still wary of getting complacent of course, but Im looking forward to getting back into taking care of myself more with good food and exercise habits.
Also trying to sort out some other areas of my life Ive neglected for too long, and getting stuck in to some good projects around the house and garden including my vegetable garden.

Good luck to each and every one of us 😁
Old 03-01-2023, 11:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Don't forget the vegetables
Old 03-01-2023, 02:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Tetrax, sobertoday54, Mysteryman and Citrus
congrats on your milestones Takeaction and RunnerF!

hi there FiveTries

D
Old 03-01-2023, 02:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I guess I'll post in Feb and here. Day 16. Went to meeting. Work. Not much else. Pancreas still acting up. Slow heal. Dang I wish it would just heal. Have agreat day peeps and congrats everyone and welcome to the newbs. (I know I'm a newb too.)
Old 03-01-2023, 02:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 16
Hope your appointment with the doctor will help offthemast

D
Old 03-01-2023, 04:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers of 2023!

I'm from the March 2013 class and next Thursday I will have 10 years sober, so, I just wanted to let you all know to stay strong, 10 years ago, I was in the same situations you find yourselves in now.

I'm not going to say it was easy all the way, but I will say it was more than worth it.

Our Class of 2013 was one of the greatest tools I had available to me,

Please use you time here as best as you can, stay close and stay involved and hopefully you will all be able to pass in a note like this to other classes!

Stay Strong
Ken
Old 03-01-2023, 04:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congratulations buddink. Thanks for sharing your journey with us that are aspiring to get there too. Your example is an inspiration.
Old 03-01-2023, 05:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for dropping in Ken - and congrats on your upcoming 10 years

D
Old 03-01-2023, 05:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi Class

Pledging (sober 187 days) I will never drink/drug ever again no matter even if my butt falls off.
That leaves a good bit of leisure time on my hands currently. Working on how to engage life now that the constant being in a drunken stooper time has ended. I'm going to find that tiger and grab it by the ....no...and pet that tiger. Anywho Going to find something to do constructive. Just checking in
Old 03-01-2023, 05:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your sober time Zencat

D
Old 03-01-2023, 07:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Took the day off, might take tomorrow off too, going to see how I feel in the morning but I need to make money. I had lunch with my sober buddy, we have 60 days today. Then I took a long walk with my husband and dogs. All of 2023 sober so far. I need to work on cutting back on my nightly ice cream 🍦 better than nightly cocktails I tell myself.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning and welcome to everyone who has joined x hi citrus hun good to see you x
thanks dee for sasying im always welcome here, i know i am and i wish i could voice more about my struggles which seems that im in pretty bad shape. i took my blood pressure yesterday and wow ive never had it so high no wonder i have red face and getting headaches.i have other things going on with my body which i know that my body is screaming me to stop putting this poison into my body. guess on postive note is just get through the withdrawls and get my **** together and things should get better.

nvm not going to drone on so here is a kick up my own backside and bring on day 2

guess better get ready for work, im lucky its only a few hrs over 2 days i work as im sure things is going to be rough for first week.

have good day everyone x
Old 03-01-2023, 09:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day 17 . Feeling much better now . Started hitting Gym with some light exercise . Apatite is getting better and food is tasting & smelling much better . Thank you every one at this Forum for the unconditional love & support .
Old 03-01-2023, 09:45 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are you on BP meds Erratic?
congrats Tica and Imtehaan

I hope everyone has a good sober day

D
Old 03-01-2023, 10:02 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

no dee im not as i normaly have low blood pressure but i know its just the drink thats caused my bp to be high. im sure once im through withdawel and off the poison it will come back down x thanks for asking. I will keep an eye on it and if it doesnt go down i will get it checked out. do u know it will be 20yrs in 2yrs time that ive been here on this site, its shameful that im still moaning and not sober.if i dont do this i may not make it to 20 yrs. sry for being so black. i know this place is a life saver for so many. right what did i say yesterday i have to stay postive!!!! ive got this!!!!

Old 03-02-2023, 12:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

I took me 15 years to quit Erratic so 20 years is not that bad looked at it that way.
The key is willingness to try new ways of doing things

D
Old 03-02-2023, 03:18 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Erractic. Stay strong. It took me 19 years to achieve more than 42 days of sobriety until 10/2/22. I have been sober since by coming here everyday, holding myself accountable, sharing my struggles and asking for help and support. That has gotten me to this point. As you know from being on this site all are here to support and show the way. Keep following the path. You will not regret it.

Pledging for today. Day 151.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:24 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm going to breakfast with a nephew this morning, then I have an appointment for a haircut.
. My hair is kinda long right now, I've been holding off on getting it cut before my vacation next week.
It's interesting how seeing a seedy looking unkept person in the mirror can add to thoughts of negativity.
Pledging another day of sobriety.
Old 03-02-2023, 05:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks dee and runner x im open to any suggestions that i havent tried to kick this. great job on your 151 days runner thats awsom xx
Zen hope your breakfast was good and you feel better from getting hair done x
Thats me home and work finished for the day. got a cup of tea beside me and getting ready to do a few chores around the house that will keep me bz for afternoon.i will make sure i have early dinner so i wont be tempted.maybe will treat myself to nice coffee or hot chocolate for this evening. I prob will have a bumpy night with withdawls tonight, but hey least all the poison will be leaving my body and my body will get a rest.

right off to finsih my tea and get started again x
hope all is well with everyone else xx
Old 03-02-2023, 05:52 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good luck today erratic. All are here to help you through. Each day will get you closer to being rid of the poison. You can do this.