Notices

Class of January 2023 Part 2

Old 01-21-2023, 06:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thank you Suze! Lessons we have to learn, apparently.
Old 01-21-2023, 06:31 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Congratulations it seems everyone is making great progress

Remember one day at a time, one minute at time. Also remember anxiety kind of lives in the future, it's more healthy and stable to live only in the moment present that's the only control anyone has and that means don't fight anxiety.
Old 01-21-2023, 07:20 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sam - that is so awesome you made it through that intense craving! Now you know that if that type of craving emerges again, you have the strength to make it through. You also know that not only can you survive the urge, you know how great it feels besting that nasty AV! Well done!
Old 01-21-2023, 07:47 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

So good to see people getting to the other side of a craving sober! I am wrapping up Day 3. Had a busy day and was able to calm a craving with a nap late this afternoon. I am so relieved I did not go to the liquor store!!! Granted, it’s a little more difficult getting to sleep with that late day nap, but totally worth it—whenever I do get to sleep it will be good sleep and not anxious, restless, awful drunk sleep. Yay us!
Old 01-21-2023, 11:25 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Morning all Starting my day with a cup of roiboos tea and it’s day 4 today. Keep going everyone.
Old 01-22-2023, 01:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day everyone

D
Old 01-22-2023, 03:09 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Daughter’s baby shower today. Weather is good all plans are in place. Should be a nice day.

The guys are getting together for lunch and drinks during the event. I have resolve to have the lunch and leave the drinks. I am the one responsible for my sobriety and health so I will let no one else control or coerce me.

Pledging for today. Day 112 (16 weeks).

Best to all.
Old 01-22-2023, 03:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Enjoy the lunch part Runner,
there's nothing like good food.

Good morning Folks,
. I'm a list maker,
I'm making my morning list of things to do today. A few simple chores and reminders.
. If you are struggling with quiting alcohol,
You might want to sit down and make your own list of how your life will improve if you quit vs how it won't.
It will do you some good to really brainstorm it and I bet the "how it will" improve list is huge.
How "it won't " improve might have one thing, if anything.

I hope you all have a good day,
I pledge another sober one.

Old 01-22-2023, 04:48 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 22 , today is a big day , i am feeling calm for the first time in weeks , i feel like i popped a benzo ( i didn't ) , i know that this won't last long but i am enjoying it while it lasts , stay strong everyone
Old 01-22-2023, 04:56 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

Happy Sunday!

Delivered mail yesterday in gorgeous, huge snowflakes. We got over 5 inches of fluffy, snowball-perfect snow, and it was so lovely hiking through quiet neighborhoods, organizing my mind, and smelling clean laundry tumbling inside warm houses.

Happy, humble, sober, and GRATEFUL!

Good job flexing your sober muscles, samwitch! And everyone!

Old 01-22-2023, 06:01 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I think we have your snow now, dear TC. I am stuck at my computer doing assignments all day, and it is lovely to watch.

Old 01-22-2023, 07:41 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hello all-
What a great feeling to wake up this morning after NOT drinking last night. I shudder to think how I would be this morning if I had given in to that craving.
And bonus, my Eagles won in a truly smashing(literally) fashion.

Congrats to everyone on this sober journey no matter what day you are on!
Old 01-22-2023, 08:54 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good morning! Checking in quickly on day 47!
Old 01-22-2023, 08:55 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you’re feeling better today LazaB!

TC - I think I’m getting your snow today too. Big, fat, fluffy beautiful flakes that are really beginning to accumulate. Very peaceful sight. I’m sitting at my kitchen table, reading SR and enjoying a nice cup of coffee while taking in the snow.

Day 18 for me. I am feeling better mood wise today so I’m grateful for that. Started Last of Us on HBO Max yesterday with the wife..the 1st episode was excellent. Episode 2 premiers tonight! I haven’t been sleeping well the last 2 weeks but got a decent sleep last night. Going to get a workout in today, read my book, do some cleaning and play board games with the family.

I hope everyone has a great day! If you’re struggling today, post here. It really does help to at least share how you’re feeling with a group of people that understand what you’re going through.

I’m committed to 24 more hours. I won’t be picking up that first drink today.
Old 01-22-2023, 11:00 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 22, feeling lazy today. I deserve to get rest, my job is very stressful and draining. I’ve applied for new jobs but honestly probably best to stay put early in sobriety. I’ve ate a ton in these three weeks but actually lost 2 lbs. Have a great Sunday, treat yourself to whatever your body tells you it needs.
Old 01-22-2023, 11:46 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good morning all very cold here. I’m literally freezing haha anyhoo it’s day 5 for me. Well done on all your sober days.
Old 01-23-2023, 01:25 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Misst- your day 5 is totally AWESOME!

Tica- those empty alcohol calories really add up.
It's such an added bonus after quiting to eat plenty of good food and see the weight drop!

I hope everyone has a good sober day.

I'll take another peaceful alcohol free day today over here, thanks!

Old 01-23-2023, 01:25 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Not a native English speaker

Good morning everyone!

So I just got 3 weeks under my belt. Starting Day 22 now, feeling good, but the liver pain is still there if I put myself in certain positions... oh well... it will heal itself, the poor fella.

Yesterday, Sunday, I went through another test - big family meeting over lunch at the in-laws. My father-in-law has a great selection of red wines, whiskey and ports. As usual, he asked me "So, Renegade, how about some wine?", I replied "No thanks, Sir. I'm just drinking water". He didn't replied, just looked surprised and probably thought "OK, your loss, this is a fine wine". No, not my loss, my win!
In any other past lunches or dinners at my in-laws, I'd kept one of the bottles always next to me on the table and would chug them throughout the meal easily. Then, I'd accept a nice port my father-in-law would give me.
So many times I did that, in so many years...
One thing I noticed was being almost sick just by the smell of a beer one of the relatives was drinking right next to me on the table. Oh my God! That smelled so bad! What the hell? Did my smell changed?

Stay healthy!
Old 01-23-2023, 02:40 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Renegade very well done to resist the temptation to drink at the family gathering. Be proud you put sobriety as a first priority.

Made it through baby shower and the guy’s lunch at a brewery. My daughter looked amazing. I was internally so amazed (sorry to use the word twice) and proud of her after all she been through. She is so much tougher and genuine than I will ever be. She is truly the love of my existence.

Wishing the best to all here wherever you are in life’s journey.

Supposed to leave early tomorrow morning for annual trek to Florida with wife and 3 dogs in the car. Weather looks iffy so may postpone for a day. See what today brings.

Pledging for today. Day 113.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:34 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Start of Day 5. Feel really good today and ready for the work week. Cold outside today, but I work from home and have a fire in the fireplace, a hot cup of coffee, and positive outlook.