Class Of December 2022 Part 2

Old 12-30-2022, 08:07 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Good morning, SR.

Committing myself to another sober day. Today is day 24 💃🏻
Old 12-30-2022, 01:07 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

I’m glad you came back here fast misstqueent.

congrats on 10 days TA and FF Andrea and Congrats to everybody hitting a milestone today no matter what it is.

D
Old 12-30-2022, 05:32 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Be Safe Group

Another day sober and resting up today. Watching the DC comics move "Black Adam" with The Rock as the protagonist. I'm a big kid at heart, I watch Toy Story 2 3, The Croods 2 was fun, Adult Swim Cartoon Network, Squidbillies, Anime Movies, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In The Machine. Rick and Morty is hot now. It's fun to actually watch TV without the booze bag on.

@venuscat College is one art class and one digital photography class, 6 units total FASA application in. I have 23 credits or so in Addiction Disorder Studies already. Maybe get the certificate some time latter.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:03 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

You rang?

I always wanted to say that....lol.

Your classes sound awesome, Zen, and 23 credits towards getting your addiction counselling cert are fantastic.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:06 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your graduation guys
D
Old 12-31-2022, 05:13 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hello December 2022 group. Jumping in here on the last day of the month. Today is day 5 for me so hopefully I'm in the right group? Just wanted to introduce myself, say Hello and that I'm looking forward to meeting 2023 with strength, excitement, and a bright smile.
All the best to everyone.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:34 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Day 5 is awesome, dear Chancellor! ❤️
Old 12-31-2022, 05:51 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Happy New Year’s Eve. Day 4 for me. Staying close to SR but feel good and excited for the future. Stay sober and safe!!
Old 12-31-2022, 05:53 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4, dear Difd!!!! ❤️
Old 12-31-2022, 06:17 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Vcat LOL Yep I rang

Welcome Chancellor to the group. 5 days sober is a great start on a new life free from the constriction of addiction.
Some December Class members (me) are likely to jump over to The January Class, Feel to stay or move,

I have been reading all the poste here. The inspiration I get from all you wonderful people is just incredible. Here with each and every one of you I am enjoying the sobriety progress I have made. Alone, I cannot get clean. I have tried and f*cked up over an over into deep depression because of my defeat to sober-up.. All it takes now is just one word. one smile. from my precious support peers (you) to make my day a sober day of "WIN!" Being a boozy bag of sorrow is just one reminder why I want to live the good life, sober life. A life filled with hope and continued growth.
THANK YOU for helping me, with my hope to help you, for a gift I sometimes unworthy to receive. The gift of hope, teaching me to love myself and sharing life saving wisdom with me. This is todays gratitude task for me and I love it!.
Old 12-31-2022, 06:28 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Welcome Difd to Soberrecovery and the December Class. Great start on sobriety with day 4 clean.
Staying close to SR has helped me stay sober for 4+ months. Post/reply/engage SR daily as a good sober program of action.
Everybody has something to offer other addicts in early recovery. Be it one day sober or decades your words can help another member out of addiction/alcoholism. Make it a productive and pleasant day
Old 12-31-2022, 06:30 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Official temporary thanks button :-)

Old 01-06-2023, 12:56 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

11 days sober now. From initially feeling proud to not drink over New Year period, I feel like I've plateaued into a weird subdued calm, not depressed or happy either. I haven't smiled really in a few days but I've not been upset either. Perhaps it's because I'm so used to the ups and downs of drinking life that this calm feeling does not compute, or in a more sinister way, my AV is so hard done by that it's playing the 'woe is me' card in the background. Anyway, working with sobriety into 2023.
Old 01-06-2023, 05:22 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I don't think I smiled for the first 11 days, either, dear K. I cried more than anything else. But calm is good, calm is wonderful. Congrats on 11 days!!! ❤️
Old 01-07-2023, 11:03 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I don't think I smiled for the first 11 days, either, dear K. I cried more than anything else. But calm is good, calm is wonderful. Congrats on 11 days!!! ❤️
Thanks Venus. Part of me thinks I've got some work to do here... like I've closed up shop on my emotions or something which is prob masking the 'grief' of sobriety. Anyway, attended a meeting today for the first time in ages which was more helpful than I thought it would be... could well relate to a few guys there, one of which explained exactly the same as I was feeling! Got a few numbers as well, as decided to begin working the steps at last! Bought the Big Book and having a read.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:10 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I am SO happy to hear the meeting was helpful! I am an AA person, and I found so much help there. I am glad you got some numbers and bought the BB. I still have the copy that an AA member bought for me in 2003—I moved to America and brought it with me.