Notices

New Year Challenge Part 3

Old 03-18-2023, 12:44 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Well done, AL, on the rugby. I wish my passport would hurry up and I can jump on the glory bandwagon 🤣

I did go and see a couple of H Cup Finals in the mid-2000s including Munster v Biarritz (obviously went for the occasion and beer). It was good atmosphere with the Irish lads getting excited 👍

The way things have gone crazy in my life since I quit drinking, I may well up living in Ireland 🇮🇪
Old 03-18-2023, 01:02 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. Nervous wreck for 80 minutes. England were up for it this time, completely different attitude and really gave Ireland a game.
🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉🏉
Next up is a rugby festival in my home town during the summer. I will volunteer to do the carpark this time around as the main part is the marquee bar and is absolute mayhem. I would have been first to the bar in my youth, its more of a drinking festival now than rugby with a major drinks company sponsor. Its money the club needs and sorts all finance for each year, so after 3 years of no money coming in with the cancellation because of covid its a welcome boost for the club. I do have an issue with it nowadays when i can see the damage done but i suppose that's easy to say now.
Thanks again.
Old 03-19-2023, 02:56 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

The local controversial Beech tree. Anywhere between 200 to 300 years old. Mr insurance wants it removed just incase it falls over in a storm onto a building below an old building yes my dad went yo school here but which is more important? Personally i go with the tree 🌳 and a petition has stopped any felling at the moment. Time will tell but i hope they leave it be. Its seen a lot more history than any human around here.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:27 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

That's some tree AL. It's very interesting. I wonder what was there when the tree was planted? Farmland? It seems to have been planted on a small bank / incline rather than on flat ground.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:45 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

I hope the tree wins. Yesterday on my walk I had to detour around a work group of men taking down a large chestnut tree on an apartment building property. I've walked under that tree for years and it made me sad. It always reminded me of being a kid at my grandparents' house.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:56 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Sorry completely forgot to post yestrrday, it was a busy day nothing to see anyway the walk i took was in the fog and not much thatvi could see
Much nicer morning and the river is flowing strong i wond is it somthing to do with the high tides forcast for the next few days?
Biminiblue apparently theres going to be a survey done on the tree hopefully it will be keft alone.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:48 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Wasn't able to upload the second photo from this mornings walk. Juat the strong current in the river.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:53 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Cool water movement image. It's an optical illusion, I swear I can see it moving.!

Hey - your thread has now passed 500 posts, and will have to be restarted anew. If you want to start your own new one, you can do that instead of waiting until Dee does it.

Just start a new one and send a message to Dee to close this one. Then it will be in your My Threads and have your name as the original poster in the list. (Newcomers Daily Support Threads.)

**edit, oh, and

p.s. good news for the tree.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:54 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Love the water images AL -- the reflection one, and the current. Missed a few days here, as I drove down the coast a few hours to meet up with my brothers for a visit. We had a good time despite it raining most of the time. California is certainly getting its share of rain this year.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:05 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by BIMINIBLUE View Post
cool water movement image. it's an optical illusion, i swear i can see it moving.!

Hey - your thread has now passed 500 posts, and will have to be restarted anew. If you want to start your own new one, you can do that instead of waiting until Dee does it.

Just start a new one and send a message to Dee to close this one. Then it will be in your My Threads and have your name as the original poster in the list. (Newcomers Daily Support Threads.)

**edit, oh, and

p.s. good news for the tree.
I didn't see this until I made the new one:

Join us here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-4-a.html (New Year Challenge Part 4)

D