Notices

Class of November 2022 Part One

Old 11-09-2022, 01:24 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Not in so much pain now so I feel a bit dumb for having come to A and E, but it was pretty alarming when I felt that pop yesterday and the pain was terrible until a couple of hours ago. Read a few stories from the big book while I've been here. Still in the waiting room. Just took my ativan so maybe I'll sleep.
Good for you, reacting positively. When I last did my back in I used it as an excuse to take a drink after a hard-fought few days off and was back to the races. My back was fine after a few days but I was still drunk.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:53 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Day 39.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:19 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Good for you, reacting positively. When I last did my back in I used it as an excuse to take a drink after a hard-fought few days off and was back to the races. My back was fine after a few days but I was still drunk.
Thanks. Turned out I fractured my rib. It had been sore since the day after my drinking session last week, so I assume I fell over in a blackout. Have the pain for the next few weeks to remind me to keep sober.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:48 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Checking in so I don't check out.

Kind of feeling low with the physical energy. My mood is okay no problem with that. Got a few things I need to do regardless of my physical energy or not I guess. I walked to a little store around the block couple of times this week to pick up iced coffee maybe that's why I'm sore I don't walk much hahaha maybe I got to work on that.

Celebrating everybody's sobriety milestone. Just for today I will not pick up that first drug. Even if my bottom falls off.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:27 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Yes everyone who’s doing well!! There are a lot of amazing milestones here!
Going for a run today.
I think it’s day seven for me,

Leaving for a cross country flight to see my family on Friday. Anxious about that. Flying, seeing family etc. But I will be okay
Old 11-09-2022, 10:52 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 View Post
Yes everyone who’s doing well!! There are a lot of amazing milestones here!
Going for a run today.
I think it’s day seven for me
Nice one; I'm glad you can run again. It's been so important for me, running every other day, gratefully injury-free right now.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:46 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Not much to say today! It's day three and I am exhausted! Just going to go to bed early and not drink! Tomorrow is another day!
Old 11-09-2022, 04:12 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

A42 thanks for checking-in. Day three is good progress to build on. You got this buddy

Peke, running looks to be your anti-drink remedy. 7 days sober is very nice. Keep piecing your recovery program together because it's working.

Checking-in for the win! My body is recovering from work I've done recently, which is nice My mood is good, a little flat maybe but that's normal. My mood may go up or down yet with some tools it is very manageable. Have my dumpster find X-Mas 3 ft frosted tree set up. Got some ebay trinkets for the tree. I'm worried my tree bulbs might look like cat toys. I put some cat toys on the tree for some scatterbrained reason and naturally the tree was dragged across the floor Haha. I'm totally loony at times . Anywho another day free from alcohol. 75 ODAAT's
Old 11-09-2022, 05:06 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

FreedomFries - hope the ribs heal up quickly. I cracked a rib a few years back so I know how painful that can be.

Peke - glad you are back on track! Congrats on a week!

Runner - 39 days is awesome! Keep it up.

Tetrax - exercise is key for my recovery plan too (well usually it is…I am in a walking boot right now but am really hoping to get back to exercising soon). I am finding new things right now though. Been doing lots of reading. Been reading some fiction and also reading some sober books (just finished the unexpected joys of being sober and am now reading sober for good…I recommend them both).

ad42 - 3 days is awesome! Keep rolling!

Zen - you are doing great! I love the quotes and links you share. Very helpful stuff.

I am on day 8. Very tired and stressed today. I’ve only been getting a few hours a night since quitting. I know my body will pay off that sleep debt eventually and I’ll get caught up on sleep. I’m going to catch the new episode of Andor tonight and hopefully get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Hope everyone has a great night!
Old 11-09-2022, 05:23 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Day 5 now and feeling good.

yesterday was a strange day. After a particularly good meeting I had massive cravings wanting to celebrate. They went away. Then I got asked out for beer at the weekend. I refused saying I’m on medication, which is true and I shouldn’t be drinking anyway. At the end I came home had a healthy meal and went to bed.

im confident about the upcoming weekend but antsy to get it over with.

Old 11-09-2022, 06:13 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Thanks BD. Hope you sleep well.

It's day 7. Feeling good. Not much pain. No sincere desire to drink, but the AV always lurks.

Going to go for a gentle walk later this morning. Obviously running isn't an option until my rib heals. I feel fortunate to have my minor rib injury. It's a bit of a wake up call. I could have hit my head hard instead and been much worse off. Taking difene for it which helps. Didn't get an opiate script which is likely for the best lol. I'll get an appt for physio at some point.

I think it's coming up on two weeks since my ativan was increased to 2mg 3x so it's probably going back down to 1mg 3x. Oh well,was nice while it lasted. And I can't stay on this **** forever so best not get used to 2mg.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:51 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Thank you Tetrax, Zencat and Basset.
How was your walk today freedom? I cracked a rib once. It was insanely painful. I can only imagine how a broken rib must feel.
Ran a little over five miles today. This time last year I was running six plus every other day. Not sure if my lower metrics are due to my accident (I was hit by a small truck before last Christmas) or if it’s due to all the binge drinking. Or maybe both.
Still, I’m grateful for today! I also got a lot done. Washed my kitchen and living room floors. Washed all three dogs. Took all three dogs to the park. Did laundry.

I wanted to share this with all of you.
IMO, OCT/NOV and DEC are the best months of the year. I am so happy right now. I know it sounds weird. Because I once read that there are more suicides during the holidays and there are at any other time of year. But honestly, when it gets to January I get so depressed! And what’s even worse is March April and May. I can’t deal with those months. I don’t like the spring and I find it incredibly depressing. And summer is worse. Where I live it stays light out until 10 PM at night. Ten o’clock at night. I love cold weather and I love it when it gets dark early.

Sometimes I think that it’s should be one of those ppl who does the reverse of what the senior “snow birds” do. Like in January I should move to Australia where it’s winter there. (Although I don’t know how cold it gets).
I’m just bringing it up to all of you because I’m so happy right now and I just wish time would stop.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:10 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

day friggen 1 again.
Old 11-10-2022, 05:13 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

January in Aus is the middle of summer, dear Peke.

Onward together, dear Erratic. xx

Old 11-10-2022, 05:37 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Day 40. Still have slightly discolored skin around eyes. Hope liver is repairing itself after all of the poison I’ve put through it. Best to all today.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:29 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
okay Erractic. What can you do differently? Why do you think you slipped up?

Yes, I know Venus! Maybe I should winter there! ❤️❤️
Congratulatinos on day 40 runner!! WTG!
Old 11-10-2022, 07:39 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Errick. Hang in there and don't beat yourself up.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:44 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Day 362 starts for me...strength to all. SR saved my career, health and life. Stay close.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:52 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Congrats calm self! Almost a year. That has to feel amazing.

Runner - 40 fays is also awesome. I’m sure things will get even better as you stack more days.

Erratic - don’t beat yourself up. Good job coming back and posting. You got this today.

Day 9 for me. Long day at work for so far. My mood is improved from yesterday so I’m grateful for that.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:17 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Day 32.
"There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on."
Have a great and sober Thursday, friends. If you drank yesterday, get up and try again today.