Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 9

Old 09-16-2022, 05:28 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bodhi02 View Post
Hey all, today is officially the 2nd trimester! We’ve never made it this far before so it’s exciting. I’ve been feeling pretty good and started to go to a prenatal yoga class with a nice group of women. It’s a 6 week course and a nice little community. I’ve been having very vivid dreams mostly of things I shouldn’t be doing while pregnant like drinking or last night I dreamt I ate an uncooked piece of chicken. I wake up having to comfort myself that it was just a dream. They just seem so real and I wake up all panicked.
Congrats Bodhi! Perhaps you can gain some new friendships with your yoga classmates. A nice, in-person, pregnancy (and beyond), new mother support group. Regarding your crazy dreams, I seem to remember that my ex-wife experienced that with our kids. Brain chemicals all askew. Keep us posted. So exciting!
Old 09-16-2022, 05:35 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VikingGF View Post
CP, You will have to celebrate your 100 with a slice! And, cups do travel.
Thanks Lisa! Yep, I know just the spot, though I'll have to rely on my daughter's memory for the name and location of the place. I think in was Johnny's Pizza. A 100 day celebratory slice is a great idea.

I hope that your unplanned trip wasn't anything serious. If I'm not mistaken today is Day 400 for you? I might be off a day, one way or the other, but I know you're pretty close. Congrats on yet another milestone!
Old 09-16-2022, 05:38 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Serengeti AMAZING.🐃🦜🌞🦩🐇🐢🐊🦓🦛🌴🌾🐵🐒🦇🧥🐆🦒🐘
That's awesome Lynn. My sister and her family were right next door to you in Kenya. I've been getting some amazing pictures from them.

Your nostrils have to be about done with those COVID tests! Assuming they still do them that way. Yuck! But I'm so happy that you and the hubby continue to be negative.

Excited to hear about Jordan. I know nothing about that country. Enjoy!
Old 09-16-2022, 05:43 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hang in there LHW. It sounds like you are doing all the right things for your eyes. You'll be back to watching Chiefs football in no time. Hopefully you were able to listen to the game last night. From what I read, the ending was pretty exciting. Sleep is higher on my priorities than football, so I didn't make it to the end.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thanks for your thoughtful posts James!

Agree with James, Bodhi and LHW. Sorry too exhausted to post

This was outside just off our balcony last night.

Sweet dreams!
Old 09-16-2022, 07:44 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh wow, look at that! Amazing, Free. What an adventure you are on. Your head must be spinning with so much to see and learn, are you keeping a journal? I always do when I travel. Thanks again for sharing your trip with us.

James, I looked at my counter and yes, it’s day 400. Thanks for that, so kind of you to remember.

Wishing everyone an easy weekend. I know there are some challenges ahead for some… hoping for the best. I’ll be around, just my usual jaunt to see the BFF. I’ll check in tomorrow.

🥸
Old 09-17-2022, 12:37 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

no I didn’t ride one 🐪🐪🐪

famous building in lost city of Petra circa 100-200. BC

chemical lab, for mixing medicines, etc. Caper tree/ shrubs are still used for joint pain.

Got to wear our Francensense, myrrh and amber. Cool smelling stuff. 🪔🛕

🛩. Off to Morocco early.

yes, keeping notes, but not a diary. No time………
Old 09-17-2022, 01:24 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey all,

I have a few moments of visual clarity here since I just added another round of eye drops. Lasts about 10 minutes.

Haven't had enough visual clarity time to go back and read through everyone's posts of the past few days...I'm so sorry. I can only see Free's and CP's most recent post right above this one when I signed on to SR.

Free - I rode a Camel in Egypt in 1993. One of the highlights of my life. I also was allowed to buy the "camel stool" that I sat on while riding the camel and it is here in my living room. Will try to take a pic in next few days. 100% pure Frankinscense has helped many of my issues...including tinnitus. Great stuff for sure.

CP - didn't see the Chiefs game on Thursday night, though now I understand I might be able to see Thursday night football on Amazon Prime. That said, I have read that my boy Mahomes played an outstanding game, with throwng a pass with both feet OFF the ground! And a 99-year interception return by the rookie! Go Chiefs!!!! Go Big Red!

You have no idea how much you appreciate your basic senses, i.e smell, sight, taste, etc. until one of them is basically gone. I still can't see much beyond 3 feet in front of my face. The doctor says to give it a few more weeks. It's so hard. I have a new appreciation for the visually impaired that I never had before. Mr LHW has been great, basically handling everything around the house, including driving me all around to where I need to go. Overall, I think I see some very very slight improvement in the vision in the past 24 hours.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

LHW

Old 09-17-2022, 01:52 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope things improve faster than 3 weeks LHW

D
Old 09-18-2022, 04:07 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Oh, I’m so sorry LHW. What a fiasco you have endured, from a terrible nurse starting your IV, to rare blurry vision after cataract surgery.

Drinking over it would not only delay healing, it would depress you even more.

Alcohol will replace oxygen on the red blood cell, whose job is to deliver oxygen and sugar to the cells. The pancreas is the WD40 that gets those big molecules into the cells. Where there is decreased oxygen to the cells, there is ischemia.

Sending healing vibes from way up in the sky over Africa.

This song always makes me feel better…..I hope it does for our class and lurkers too. 🤓❤️
Old 09-18-2022, 04:12 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Strange night last night. 40 year high school reunion, held at a venue less than 10 minutes from my house. Didn't go. Why? Because of who I was just three short months ago. Convinced that I didn't want any part of it. Hadn't connected with any of those people in 40 years. My high school years weren't memorable, so why would I want to go hang out for an evening with a bunch of people I barely knew and reminisce about the good old days that weren't especially good? But you know what? That was just the alcoholic in me talking. The one that isolated himself from everything and everyone, and chose to look at all aspects of my past as negative. To dwell on the bad stuff and not see that there was plenty of good. So I sat last night, watching a Facebook Live feed from the event, so bummed that I didn't go. There were people there that I had fond memories of. It would have been nice to talk to them and find out about their lives, their kids, their grandkids. You know, talk like normal people do. I'm starting to feel like one of those normal people, after so many years of feeling like an outsider.

Just a little bummed last night and this morning. The deadline for signing up was 8/28 and I just let it pass. As last night was getting closer, I had a sneaking suspicion that I was going to regret it. And I did. But what can I do about it now? Nothing. Just know that I'm in a completely different frame of mind now, and take those opportunities to connect with people as they present themselves. Don't assume that I know how things are going to turn out, and just allow myself to step outside of my perceived comfort zone.

Feels good to get that off my chest. On to my New York prep. Talk to everyone later.
Old 09-18-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi Lynn! We were posting at the same time. What's the next stop?
Old 09-18-2022, 04:22 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Ok. Lost my post.

Here goes again. It’s tough posting on a jet, folks!

Viking, I’m sorry if I forgot your soberversary. Happy 402!

Instead of a t-shirt, I got you these…….wonderful smells!

Old 09-18-2022, 04:23 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

On to Morocco James. What would you like me to bring you?
Old 09-18-2022, 04:31 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Ahhh, well, speaking of NY and reunions, I last attended my 20 year reunion there in Putnam county in 1999.

It wasn’t too fun, I was married one year at the time. The freaks were the same, and the jocks were the same, but more alcoholic and way fatter, men were balding. I was approached by men for a one night stand, my BFF from highschool who still lived in New York was a complete stoner, and stayed out giving $ex to men until 0300. At first she wanted me to leave the hotel room we were sharing, but no thanks. That whole thing ended our relationship.

Those people in my highschool are no more my real friends than my Facebook ‘friends’.

Maybe contact them via Facebook, get their numbers, and reach out soon?

Personally I think you were right not to go, being so early in your sobriety. Trust your gut, but that shouldn’t stop you from reaching out. Maybe find a few persons who are sober and would like to reconnect?
Old 09-18-2022, 04:48 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thank you, Free!! I can almost smell
the smells.

James, learning new responses vs reverting to old behaviors is all a part of the growth that comes with racking up the days. You recognized it, learned from it and next time it will be different. Sorry you had an uncomfortable night, though. Hey, at least you were sober and didn’t have to pretend to remember anyone’s name!

Having a nice time in NY. James, I’m getting it ready for you. It’s Cow Harbor weekend here, and we went into the town yesterday, it was fun, but today is the full-on fest and we are skipping that for a quiet day by the pool with the dogs (we have 3) and some alone time. Haven’t been alone with my closest friend since I can’t even remember when. It’s been a good trip.

LHW- I hope your vision continues to improve! Do as your doc tells you, my mom was a “doer” after her eye surgery and she prolonged her recovery considerably. Resting is a part of letting go of control- it can be hard but it sounds like you are doing what you should.

SS- thinking of you. 💕💪

Bodhi- have you had any cravings? I mean food wise. I’m always interested in how tastes change when my friends are expecting- one time my friend only wanted Hot Fries for several weeks. It was bizarre because she was a pretty strict healthy eater and those sure were not on her menu! Her son did end up being a real hot sauce fiend, too!

NL- hope things are quieting down for you. Divorce is hard even when it’s relatively smooth, and kids scan be so demanding. Take time for you if you can.

Harley is up- must go her her out. Today I will walk all three while my friend goes to her studio for an hour or so. That will be an adventure! Have a great day today and do one thing to make another person smile. Wait- you already did.

Hugs to all.
Old 09-18-2022, 04:56 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
On to Morocco James. What would you like me to bring you?
I can't think of anything. Maybe I'll watch Casablanca in your honor. Enjoy!
Old 09-18-2022, 06:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Ok. Re reading my earlier post to LHW, I just want to clarify I do not know at all if you are drinking, I was just thinking in general about bodies healing and alcohols effect on that, in general….the nurse in me couldn’t help it……🥸

Our class is doing GREAT.

Bodhi, I have the same question. My twins are made up of almond M & Ms. what y’a craving?

Viking, sounds wonderful,poolside, furry friends, and a little space with your BFF.

James, so glad you are enjoying back at work mode. Are you able to still do runs a few times a week?

Hows everyone sleeping?

Old 09-18-2022, 06:37 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Last night there was a wine tasting event in Jordan. Only Christian’s are allowed to sell it and drink it, about 2% of population. I went, to be social, and here all the BS about oaky overtones, etc. Despite turning my glass upside down, inevitably the somlenier (sp.?) kept pouring me a glass, and hubby would take it to his place setting, and then when he waved his hand, they didn’t force another glass on him.

I don’t dance, and I don’t sing, but we had Jordanian soldiers dance, and they had swords, etc., and they cajoled me into dancing with them, in front of our whole group! Then they handed me the sword, then had me twirl it around, and dance with it above my head. Then the general picked one of his men to dance with me. It was so fun, I felt so awkward……

SO FUN! Learning being awkward is ok.

We have a National Geographic photographer on our trip, who took pics of me. Hubby was a little uncomfortable being a Jew with an armed Arab dancing with his wife to take pics.🤪🤓
Old 09-18-2022, 06:52 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Just saw on the Morning Gratitude thread that our friend NL is celebrating 6 months today! Huge congrats NL!!!