Notices

Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part One

Old 08-01-2022, 01:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Afternoon check in time. I am in bed about to have a nap. I think I wore myself out on the treadmill earlier.
Thinking on what to make for dinner. Hopefully inspiration happens while I nap. Hopefully witching hour will be mild today.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Perhaps something simple like salmon and salad? Or sausages/steak and salad with some mashed potatoes? Or burgers. s xx
Old 08-01-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Citrus
Hi & thanks Zebra, Free, and Suze

D
Old 08-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Citrus. Welcome. What are you doing to make it stick?

I feel that you are ready this time. It’s easy when we feel shame and physically sick, but how about when you want to celebrate? Or get super mad? Or people are mean? When you’re invited to have some alcohol fun?

How do we explain to friends and family? DO we explain to family and friends?

Do we hide away in a world filled with an alcohol business that is destroying so many lives and making a few corporations VERY rich, from the manufactures, to the marketers, the sports teams, AND, yes…….even the REHAB places. Big money, big business.

Do we white knuckle it for the rest of our days?

Or does something change besides the desire to stop?

It takes wayyyyy more than the desire.

Lets hear it from any and all of this class. 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👦 ‍👦👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👦👩‍👦👨‍👧👩‍👧👨‍👨‍👧👩‍👩‍👧👩‍👩‍👦👨‍👩‍👦👨‍👩‍ 👧

What will it take? No answer is wrong, and it might just help your classmates. Some of you have been on the merry go round for quite sometime and are more than ready to jump off. Please help, yes?

Old 08-01-2022, 08:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I will try to answer tomorrow Free. Great questions!
Time for bed now. ❤❤
Old 08-01-2022, 10:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Afternoon check in time. I am in bed about to have a nap. I think I wore myself out on the treadmill earlier.
Thinking on what to make for dinner. Hopefully inspiration happens while I nap. Hopefully witching hour will be mild today.
I hope your witching hour is mild too..
I'm sitting here heating up the oven and drinking a cup of yummy cacao at witching hour. I'm finding that witching hour is getting easier and I'm not instantly turning to thinking of booze when I'm getting frustrated.. So that's a win..
Old 08-01-2022, 11:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RAL

I'm in too. Hi everyone
Old 08-02-2022, 12:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi RAL it's good to see you here..
Old 08-02-2022, 12:28 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Dee is this thread a double up?
Old 08-02-2022, 01:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I got rid of the duplicate - thanks Red

welcome RAL

D
Old 08-02-2022, 01:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 2 here feeling good, so far. But mornings are easier for me anyway.
For me planning my days and what I'm doing really helps. I've also downloaded a few new books on my kindle to occupy me on an evening.
Happy Tuesday everyone
Old 08-02-2022, 01:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning day 3 for me x
welcome RAL x
citrus hope you had good sleep x
suppose to be warm here so i am thinking i may do the garden. Got alot of wild flowers i seeded for bees is about finished and dying off so need to get them pulled and reorganise the border.The grass needs cut but that will happen at weekend if its nice.

The only negative thing thats ongoing is i lost my sense of smell and taste when i had covid in june so i am on my 7wk of not tasting and smelling which is driving me mad. hub has been making alot of spicy food for me so i can get slight tingle and seeing if it will spark it all back, but nothing is coming. When i mean spicy i mean spicy alot of scotch bonett chillies and other types in the food. so thats my only moan just now.

Over the time i havent posted here is that i have adopted one of my daughters cats as he was causing to much problems for her but we have been sorting him out his name is Yami and is mainly white with black eyebrows with a 3rd just off on one of the eyebrow lol he also has black tail and some spots. he is actually a really cool and clever cat. so me and hub for past 3wks been getting used to him as we havent had a pet since we lost our doodle 2yrs ago and we said no more pets but hey ho.

anyway enough of my rambling about whats been happening just wanted to share on whats been happening x

hope everyone has a good day all and again welcome to everyone who has joined x good luck on your sober journey x
Old 08-02-2022, 03:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

End of day 10 here for me.. I've been doing my alcohol experiment 'study' tonight, looking at cravings and what they are and the stories they tell us to get us to drink and whether those stories hold any truth, the AV never tells the truth lol. It was also looking at the discomfort of not drinking and the discomfort of the craving and what we can do to get through it and to be able to embrace the discomfort and know that it will pass.. I know this wouldn't work for everyone but it seems to be working for me..

My father in law called tonight to invite my partner and out for dinner tomorrow night and I had a mini freak out! I told my partner that I was having a freak out because Im not drinking and that I'm uncomfortable and he said he wouldn't drink either and how about we drink mock tails together at dinner. I thought that was really awesome and supportive of him. He also said to me after that he could go a whole year without drinking it wasn't an issue for him, not quite sure which way to take that but oh well, he is supportive enough to drink AF drinks with me tomorrow.

Anyway I'm feeling much stronger today and good about myself..

Erractic - that must be so strange to lose your taste and smell, don't eat too many chilli's though, they still burn on the way out lol
Old 08-02-2022, 03:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Count me in
Day 1 here

Old 08-02-2022, 03:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mysteryman
D
Old 08-02-2022, 01:30 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
RAL

Good to be going to bed sober. Good night all x
Old 08-02-2022, 01:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Goodnight, dear RAL ❤️

❤️
Old 08-02-2022, 02:37 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sweet Dreams RAL.
Way to go on 10 days Red!!
And Welcome to Mysteryman!

Doing good today. The boys and I are all glued to a new game on our phones! Lol. Good, free and out of the heat!
Old 08-02-2022, 09:23 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Welcome, everyone….

What worked for you today to stay sober?

How badly do you want this new life?
Old 08-02-2022, 10:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning, day 3 starting here for me.
I'm just mulling through each day at the min really. No great cravings yet but I find I struggle more around day 5ish then don't manage to get past day 7.
I'm taking time each day for some self care and planning my days well to keep myself busy.
have a good day everyone!