Notices

180 Day Challenge Part 6

Old 07-27-2022, 01:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

180 Day Challenge Part 6

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-5-a-19.html (180 Day Challenge Part 5)

D
Old 07-27-2022, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee ☺️

There were 2 new threads so I just picked the first.

So happy this morning, my son really liked his work experience yesterday (sullen teen code for loved and had a blast). I get such relief to seeing him happy and engaged with life. He's had a dark battle with depression, sometimes I was worried I was going to lose him to suicide, but lately he's seem to be coming out of it a bit. He even started hugging me on occasion recently after about five years of no affection.

He's eerily perceptive, when he was twelve he sent me a message, which I kept, telling me he loves me, and will always love me no matter what he says. Not long after that the teen hormones took him (I liken it too a changeling swap). It was very very scary there for quite a while but felt if we could just get him through his teens things would be better on the other side.

I feel like the clouds have parted and the suns shining through and it won't be long and the dark days will be but a shadow of the past. Ofcourse he will still have bad days in life but I think we're over the worst of it.

I'm hoping today will be a sunny day, or atleast no rain, as i have been so busy juggling other things (car, son, house repairs) that I haven't gardened much at all. REALLY looking forward to a day in the dirt lol.

Hope everyone is well, sending my love to you all ❤️
Old 07-27-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

There were 3 new threads lol. Not my doing…must have been a system burp

D
Old 07-27-2022, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I figured Dee, the system does that alot with posts I've noticed, so seemed inevitable it would happen with threads on occasion. Hope all is well in Dee world ☺️
Old 07-27-2022, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good thanks Zura

D
Old 07-27-2022, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What an uplifting post about your son Zura, it gladdened my heart to read it. I am very relieved for you and him that things have turned a corner, he's a very fortunate person to have you in his life. I pray strength and acceptance that I may deal the current difficulties with my own child.

I had a wonderful day in London with my son yesterday, rattling all over the place on the London underground, we walked over thirteen miles , our feet were aching but we had a blast!
Best wishes to all.

Old 07-27-2022, 05:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee!

Zura, SO GLAD your son likes his apprenticeship and is becoming more stable. And I totally get the understated responses, lol. It sounds like you have really done a good job with him.

Dusty, I also hope things get better with your daughter, and am glad you enjoyed your day in London. I can't imagine walking 13 miles on pavement, in fact it would not be possible due to my neuroma and metatarsalgia (ball of foot pain) which started around age 50. I would be lucky to do half of that and preferably on soft soil, lol. Feet problems seem to run in the family. Fortunately it has minimal affect on my cycling.

Busy with errands and school registration, passport for her son.

Best to all.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind words ❤️

DF - I think you will deal/are dealing with things well. Its a difficult time though so im betting it doesn't always feel like you are. So awesome about getting out and about in London, glad you had a good day, you deserve it!!

Advbike - haha I figured most people would get the response thing, teenagers *eyeroll 😝 so glad cycling doesn't aggravate your feet issues, that would not be cool. Good luck with your errands today.

Best get back into it, my prayers were answered and it's a nice day. Its so healing/good for my mental health. And the smells!! I don't have any flowers etc and it's winter but the herbs like rosemary, celery and lemon leaves all have a wonderful aroma. Blessed 🙏
Old 07-28-2022, 10:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Not feeling well, It's been really hot and humid, and a bit smoky, which is bad for me.. And we've been very busy, so eating out a lot. And there's been more of the little squabbles - although they are minor, she is just too quick to get irritated and raise her voice over little misunderstandings, and it hits a nerve with me. Part of it is cultural, and part of it is she has a bit of an attitude.. but that doesn't mean it's going to work for me, lol.

On the other hand, when it's good it is really good, lol. We have so much fun most of the time, similar interests, etc. I have read that these sorts of relationships are addictive to some of us and I wouldn't dispute that, but I will need to sort this out soon.

So I didn't sleep well last night and feel lousy today. Skipped my bike ride, wore my mask this morning before she and her son left, and took a Covid test but it was negative. And to make it worse, I have now drank too much coffee. Ugh.

I think maybe I'm just worn out - physically and emotionally. Fortunately today I have some time to myself as they are off running errands.

Time to head back to the ranch soon. It's been a productive, but tiring (and very expensive) trip.

Gonna go fix something to eat - best to all.

Old 07-29-2022, 01:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear your under the weather advbike, and about the tension. I don't think that situation would work for me either. As much I get fomo sometimes not having a relationship others, I think the reality of one would be difficult for me. Anyway, I hope you can work something else so it's a bit calmer for you! Hope your feeling better soon.
Old 07-29-2022, 04:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I’m in pretty bad shape. There was burning in the forest all around us today and my lungs are shot. Nowhere to hide. I am getting weaker, and need to act before I can’t. Last time I had pervasive asthma like this I was a younger man. My inhalers are barely effective at this point. No fever to speak of, fortunately.

Catching a flight tomorrow out of here to a resort near Cebu that is right on the ocean. Nothing to burn, lol. I really need clean air. I will also have access to 3 large hospitals, should things get worse, ie. pneumonia. I will test for covid again, but we are pretty sure it is the relentless smoke in the air. These people in the province are nuts. Two of her father’s brothers died of asthma, now i know why.

Girlfriend being super supportive - offered to drive me if I couldn’t get a flight - a full day each way on bad roads, but I don’t think I’d make it, lol. She will stay to wrap up all the remaining school stuff. Her son has been provisionally accepted at a university based high school, pending receipt of a new passport, which was kept by his biological father and not returned. He is dual citizenship so it’s apparently required by the school.

Best to all.
Old 07-29-2022, 06:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That sounds very frightening advbike, especially if your inhalers aren't touching it, sounds like getting out ASAP, is the absolute right thing to do. My daughter has asthma and I know how scary it is when she has had a bad asthma attack.
Glad your g/f is being supportive, I hope once you're on on the plane tomorrow things will improve.
If you can manage it please do keep us posted.
In the meantime I will be sending prayers for your very speedy recovery and access to beautiful fresh clean air.

All quite on the western front here, so far anyway.
Best Wishes to all near and far.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad your getting out asap advbike, yes please keep us posted if you can. Very scary.
Old 07-29-2022, 07:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Looks like I’m not going anywhere, lol, Today’s Covid test came back positive so have cancelled my trip. Last night was really rough. She’s making me hot ginger/lemon tea though, which cures all. And I feel a bit better now. Maybe because I’m fully vaxxed and boosted. Lets hope the burning isn’t too bad the next few days. It was clear this morning which was a relief.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh no!! Sending get better wishes. I hope the burning doesn't start again either, not what you need. Glad you've got your girlfriend to look after you.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take care of yourself advbike.
Old 07-29-2022, 09:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.
Old 07-30-2022, 06:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Advbike- I am sorry to hear of this new development with COVID. That is such a bummer. I do hope the virus doesnt get too bad for you. Please keep us updated.
Old 07-30-2022, 03:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oh no! What terrible timing.
Ginger and lemon is good stuff - I hope it's powerful healing properties help you through this.
Best wishes to all.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. slept better last night. The burning seems to have miraculously stopped for the time being, so my lungs got a break. And my covid symptoms aren't too bad, mostly just tired. The best news is my girlfriend seems not to have gotten it.