Notices

Class of May 2022 Part 2

Old 06-16-2022, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2022 Part 2

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html (Class of May 2022 Part One)

D
Old 06-17-2022, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee.
Hi, Imvalentine. That's great your boss was complimentary!
I walked a fair bit yesterday. The heat and humidity even at 4pm was a bit too much.
Yesterday was a difficult day generally. I was extremely anxious, but I'm happy to be starting day 9. A friend and I are going to a concert at our local Theatre Guild this evening. I find some of the regular patrons there a bit triggering, so I'm mindful to be vigilant.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the new thread Dee.

It is just plain hot and dry here. I woke up early and started watering the poor backyard. My landlord said she would work on the front.

That’s great you’re walking Lesher. I used to drive to a park and walk around the lake. Now I live very close to it and haven’t walked since I moved. Go figure!

Still no urges to drink and anxiety level is tolerable. I’ve struggled with anxiety all my life also samwitch. It’s definitely not a good thing to have. Alcohol would take it away and then make it worse.

Happy weekend everyone.
Old 06-18-2022, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Imvalentine,
I have dreadful anxiety too. The lobby of the Guild Hall where the concert was held was bursting with people and noise, and I found it extremely anxiety provoking. It diminished a bit once we were seated. The concert was good.
A friend later sent me a photo of her back yard with candles and a glass of bourbon, captioned "enjoying bourbon" etc, and I found it triggering. She's a big drinker.
Mood is low, but I'm pressing on. I had a brisk walk this morning. It's really windy, so I didn't come home all sweaty for once! My friendly chipmunk visits every day. Now she jumps up on my lap, and lets me pet her. I give her treats!
Old 06-19-2022, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Feeling a huge resentment at the moment. My son stopped by to pick a up a delivered box grouchy as heck. My Gdaughter was all dressed up with clothes on I bought her and have never seen her in. He looked a lot nicer also. I’m thinking he’s going to his father’s next. My alcoholic ex husband who doesn’t do a damn thing for son or granddaughter. Goes for months without keeping in touch with them. Anyway I know the script. It will be a grand production with grilled jalapeño poppers, ribs…I didn’t even get a happy Mother’s Day from my son. I took a non addictive anxiety pill but had the thought I could make it go away with alcohol real quick. I’m hanging in there but it sure stinks having stinking thinking. I get told off about son’s crappy childhood and he jumps when Dad calls. Urggg!
Old 06-19-2022, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can hear how much this hurts love xx

Ultimately, getting upset about the way anyone else behaves just hurts, doesn't it? And there is nothing we can do about it.
It sounds like your son takes it all out on you, not fair. He should do better, and hopefully he will.
Old 06-19-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Imvalentine, I fully understand your feelings of anxiety and resentment. I have drunk "at" family members who have disappointed me too many times, and it just got me into a bigger mess. Keep holding on! I am trying to work on acceptance of what is, from my family, rather than fruitlessly hoping for what I want, which will never be.
I'm sorry your son didn't give you a Mother's day card. That does seem thoughtless. Look after yourself.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand the resentment imvalentine but relationships (and people) do change over time.
I hope one day you'll have something closer to the relationship you want

D
Old 06-20-2022, 04:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope to have a positive day. Thank you guys for the encouragement and care yesterday. I really thought I was over being hurt and having bad feelings over Son and ex’s behaviors. At least I am not actively in the middle and I am sober. I am grateful it’s not a huge alcohol and cocaine recovery Monday. Acceptance is very hard after all of the years built up inside.

Enjoy a walk Lesher. I’m going to exercise with raking and watering the yard today.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending you oodles of love dear Imvalentine ❤️
Old 06-24-2022, 06:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Checking in finally. I’m still hanging in there. AV was pretty strong again after work. I’ve noticed it’s popping in more. I have Yin yoga and yoga nidra class tomorrow morning and my Gdaughter all afternoon. Yoga will calm me down and little one is something to look forward too. I’m thinking about hitting an AA meeting. I used to attend women’s meetings but they disbanded. I hope everyone is doing well. Are you walking Lesher? I’ve missed you guys!

Old 06-25-2022, 06:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What about an online women's meeting love?
Old 06-25-2022, 08:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Imvalentine, I hope that today is a better day for you and that you enjoy the yoga.
Yes, I'm walking about an hour pretty much every day. The ball of my left foot is hurting and I think I need new walking shoes. I'll go shopping next week. There was a very inebriated woman downtown this morning, a "lady of the night" in an area where these women gather, and I felt badly for her. She seemed to have lost her skirt or trousers as she was only wearing a top and very skimpy underwear. I didn't want to interfere though, I felt it would be unsafe for me. The police regularly patrol the area, so I hope she can maybe be brought home. What a terrible way to live. The trail passes across this area. I walked downtown and picked up a few groceries this morning before it got too hot. I'm struggling with a lot of fatigue. Just trying to pace myself with chores etc.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I had one of the best yoga and meditation classes ever yesterday. I slept like a rock last night for over 8 hours and feel good this morning. I was mopey last night and I’m glad I didn’t listen to the voice. I realized I have 60 days today. So much changed in the family and life dynamics in that short period. I’ve been humbled quite a few times. It feels different than 6 years ago when I sobered up and my life was turned upside down with divorce from AH. Anyway I’m grateful I’ve survived so far.

Lesher one of my favorite activities and addictions is shoe shopping. I’m sure a good pair of walking shoes will fix the foot trouble. That is frightening to see another woman in inebriated in a situation we could end up in ourselves.

Thank you venuscat for the online meeting suggestion. I honestly never thought about that. My mind makes excuses I believe!
Old 06-26-2022, 07:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Imvalentine, I'm so happy for you! 60 days, hooray! I hope you have a lovely day!
Old 06-26-2022, 02:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lmvalentine View Post
Good morning everyone. I had one of the best yoga and meditation classes ever yesterday. I slept like a rock last night for over 8 hours and feel good this morning. I was mopey last night and I’m glad I didn’t listen to the voice. I realized I have 60 days today. So much changed in the family and life dynamics in that short period. I’ve been humbled quite a few times. It feels different than 6 years ago when I sobered up and my life was turned upside down with divorce from AH. Anyway I’m grateful I’ve survived so far.

Lesher one of my favorite activities and addictions is shoe shopping. I’m sure a good pair of walking shoes will fix the foot trouble. That is frightening to see another woman in inebriated in a situation we could end up in ourselves.

Thank you venuscat for the online meeting suggestion. I honestly never thought about that. My mind makes excuses I believe!
60 days is fantastic! Well done.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Leshar-that situation with the inebriated woman sounds awful. Terrible way to live.

Definitely get new walking shoes, they will make all the difference.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 60 days imvalentine

D
Old 07-02-2022, 06:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Checking in. It was a long week. AV is there but not as loud and no plotting. My memory of the last disaster is very strong.

Work pretty much just plain stinks. The office manager and therapist/owner tout the “healing and God” line and behave so rudely. I’ve never heard of a receptionist who’s duties include cleaning and serving an Airbnb upstairs along with housework…downstairs. I’m whining but being ordered to do things is not acceptable. The light dusting in the interview has turned into heavy BS. I’m taking action and applying elsewhere so that makes me feel a bit better. All my life I’ve ran into mean domineering women. Maybe free therapy should be offered at work-ha ha.

Have you found good walking shoes Lesher? I have yin yoga and guided meditation this morning. It is my sanity saver. I’m very thankful for my teacher and friend. I met her in an AA meeting in 2015.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It isn't cool if they didn't tell you that all of that is part of the job love; they should have. I hope you find something that you like better.