Notices

Class of May 2022 Part 2

Old 07-02-2022, 03:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Imvalentine,
Your work situation sounds awful, I feel for you! It sounds like it's best for you to look for another position.
I bought new shoes and have so far just been wearing them around the house. My left foot is still quite painful. Today, I got some ball of foot pads I'd ordered, so I'm thinking of trying a walk downtown tomorrow. I have used the treadmill at the gym, but I find that I need the fresh air, and just looking at things to help my mood and anxiety. I will walk at a slower pace and just see how it goes.
Old 07-02-2022, 04:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely not a good place to work in Imvalentine - I'm sorry

D
Old 07-04-2022, 06:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning.

How are the walks going in new shoes Lesher? I’m still being lazy except for weekend yoga and the workout at work-ha ha. I am actively looking online for different employment. The office manager is on vacation this week so I won’t be under her rude bossy thumb. I may get fired but I’m not quitting until I have something else confirmed. I feel much better knowing I am “temporary”. Deep yoga breaths and shoulder rolls help anxiety also.

I may need a lot of deep breaths this afternoon. My son bought a huge pool, splash pad and legal fireworks. I will be grilling hot dogs for 3 grandkids. I’m going to be a trouble maker and ban my daughter’s cell phone. It is super glued to her hand! I remember getting so drunk on past 4th of July’s and dragging myself to work the next day in a stupor. I’m grateful for being sober and present this year.

Happy 4th

Old 07-04-2022, 07:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Happy 4th of July to you and your family Imvalentine. My left foot is still really painful so I can't do my brisk walks which is annoying.
I have new neighbours who moved in over the weekend and they had a noisy party yesterday. I'm not coping with the change very well. I feel unsettled and want to move. My neighborhood has changed so much. It used to be a quiet area, with older people, but now, it's younger renters who are party folk. I'm crying a lot this morning and feel so sad. Before he was diagnosed with terminal cancer, my husband and I talked about moving to a lake front home. I couldn't afford this now, and I don't want to manage such a home on my own. I just feel trapped and very low. But I won't drink over it.
All the best with your new job search.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lesher I’m hoping you feel at least a little better. I’ve been told and have read it’s good to cry. I rarely do. I’m thinking of you. How is the foot coming along? A walk sounds like a good distraction.

The family 4th get together was fine. My daughter had her phone attached to her hand and ignored my request to put it down. I tried to ignore it and concentrate on the little ones.

Work still stinks even with the office manager off. Yesterday it was a portal opening for healing and happiness…then the usual mean BS from the owner/therapist. She responded to a group text from 8 in the morning at close to 9 last night. I’m hanging in so far. I have started to clap back without losing it. I’m not going to drink at the place to work up more bad feelings.

Take care everyone.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Checking in. I looked at the June thread and thought should I join in or stay here or both? Lesher I did see you had 30 days recently. Congratulations that is a huge blessing. The hike sounds fun. It’s difficult to put yourself out there in a new group.

I was finally fired by phone Friday. It was a very long 4 day week of BS. Ordered to do the dishes and then told “good girl” was a low blow. I started to be assertive with all of the baiting and picking. I’m glad I asserted myself politely but strongly. I also brushed up on computer skills I was afraid of. Basically not being afraid in general! I have a pre screening on a job scheduled so there is hope. My dream job turned into a big bummer. I didn’t think about alcohol until my daughter asked if I was ok that evening. I thought about the consequences of drinking had on the my children. I’m grateful I can be present for the Gkids.

A hot mid 90’s day ahead. I’ve threatened to get in the kiddie pool and this may be the day!

A good Sunday to everyone.
Old 07-10-2022, 08:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sorry love, but it sounds like they really need a junior in that role. I am glad you have something else on the horizon; I am betting y9ou will get a way better job. s

And well done not drinking over it!!! ❤️
Old 07-18-2022, 07:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

5-9-22

71 days sober
Old 07-18-2022, 09:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Fantastic Farrier! ❤️