Notices

New Year Challenge Part 2

Old 06-12-2022, 11:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for the lovely pics, AL. I'm with you on the news ... I scan the newspaper headlines occasionally just to stay in the loop, but I read only a few select articles, and don't watch any broadcast news. I've had a tough year and just cannot focus on negative things right now.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Walk and then a trip to the osteopath this morning so an active morning. I dont know how but my shoulders benefit somehow from these appointments.
With the holiday coming up soon my AV started planting visions yesterday of that cool beer by the pool or that glass of rosθ on the decking outside the cabin with the evening sun going down. Its not going to happen but what a pain this thing is to romanticise about something that would put me back in a place of despair anguish and utter sadness. I cant get over how strong it can be even for that fleeting moment.
Anyway time to stop and enjoy the view along my route, it was dull but lovely looking out across the fields towards the Atlantic. Then at the dairy cows who looked quite content in there surroundings. Its a good day today.

Old 06-13-2022, 08:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's hot as hades here right now so the thought of a cold beer while it used to be a romantic picture now turns to a pic of me slamming beer after beer, quickly dehydrating myself and feeling sick continually trying to reach that ideal Utopia my AV told me I would find with just that one cold beer.

Yeah we figured out that bs story.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I know its crazy, i know exactly what would happen to me, beer followed by wine followed by vodka until black-out waking full of regret and shame. Awful just awful yet that bol***ks of an AV brain tries to convince me otherwise. Please excuse the language but i could call it worse😁.
I look forward even more so now to that holiday, my first sober one that will be filled with activities, more time for my family and literally no man made headaches.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

As kids my brother and i would dive into the river a full tide and have a great time. I really dont know how im alive to tell the story as raw waste would flow into this same river along with god knows what else 🤢🤮🤢. It only changed in the last couple of decades thankfully.
Old 06-15-2022, 04:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This fella was funny this morning popping its head in and out to see if i was still there. Feel good today, i think the job let down had got to me more than i thought, i didn't even want it really as careers go it was just the financial security it might bring. I say might as you know corporations will up and leave if things go sideways but to be honest this particular company i cant see it happening as they have made €€€€€€€€€$$$$$$$$ in investments on the premises. Anyway with this not drinking im on a winner regardless of where im working. Hope all is well out there
Old 06-15-2022, 12:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

hi AL. It's understandable you would feel down about the job thing, even if you had mixed feelings about the job. It's always hard to not get something that we went after. But you're right, you're a winner with the choices you've been making.

I love the ripples on the water and the bird in this pic.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thankyou Tursiops
Nice morning woke up at 5am and did a bit around the house before work, its so bright in the mornings now i love it, so calm with no noise outside only nature and a couple of cheesed of dogs wanting to go back inside. Yes a lovely morning and weekend hopefully.
The local yacht club are having a week of events with races and so on, starting this Saturday so the harbour is full. As you can imagine lots of tourists around. It used to be said growing up back in the 70s there are 2 people's living in the town the have not's and the have yachts. We had a fishing trawler so at least it was a boat🙂.
Old 06-16-2022, 10:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

oooh that's a lovely shot!
Old 06-16-2022, 11:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Really calm warm morning. It was lovely same again tomorrow they say.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Even next doors cat was a bit to warm so sat in the shade
Old 06-17-2022, 03:31 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Another nice day. Good but not great. Ive been taking an interest in different art at the moment from paintings to sculpture, i do think the sculpture is more interesting though dont know why really. There are some beautiful pieces around the town but also some not so beautiful ones. I remember one in particular when i was young when the locals objected to it going forward but the council went ahead anyway costing €€€€€€€€ and its still there and no one likes it or is anyway captivated by it. (Sorry Artist) but it dose nothing for me personally.
So this one in today's photo is for me everything the town is and was. Just a beautiful piece in a beautiful place and for some reason a wedding photo opportunity favourite 🙂
Old 06-17-2022, 04:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Great shots and thoughts, AL. Love the harbor shot as usual - love boats - but that shot of the steps into the river was really creative too. Glad you had a boat growing up, there's something about them.. my various on water pursuits over the years have always enriched my soul. I think some of us are more romantic in some ways, hence the tendency to romanticize the drink - I do it too. Better to have a small sailboat on a lake somewhere. Take care AL.
Old 06-17-2022, 04:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

-- Double Post --
Old 06-18-2022, 08:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks Advbike your photos on road to summer are grea,t just seeing a palm tree is a vision of the tropics.
Usual day, I will go to see my son racing later today and am looking forward to it. Its the Munster finals so an important step towards the all ireland race so🤞.
I listened to a podcast today and it had the usual stuff i can relate to but part was about the honesty side of things.
The questions why you stop the how much you drank.
Me I really have only told you here on SR how bad it was for me. My wife i didn't tell all to be fair but i think she had an idea. I basically said i am drinking to much im really sad and want to stop for good she agreed and helped me when i needed help. I didnt delve any further.
Ive come to the conclusion its a shame thing i feel, when someone stopped when i was young it was because he was the alcoholic brown paper bag drinker thats
the impression I was given. Never when this guy who stopped was he a good guy , always an alcoholic with a problem. I say he because if it was a woman the town would go quiet and only talk about it behind closed doors. It's different today thankfully.
Ive got to go back to work but im sure i will post more about this.

Old 06-19-2022, 01:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Theres somthing about barley blowing in the wind thats relaxing at 7am on a cold 🥶 June morning thats supposed to be Summer. Yes this is Ireland. While most of the European continent is under a stay at home heat warning its cold here. Im not saying give us the same just a taste of warmth. Thats todays rant. Hope you are all well . Have a great Sunday 👍
Old 06-19-2022, 01:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Some morning beauties seen along the way.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:53 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Beautiful and pastoral pics, AL. Just lovely to me right now haha (it's so hot and humid here today)..
Old 06-19-2022, 04:19 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I should say lucky you but i know I'd be in bits 😄. My fair skin isn't ment for too much sun not to mention the humidity🥵
Old 06-19-2022, 05:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sunday morning catch up AL, such lovely pics.

LOVE the steps analogy, that is really cool. Any more thought to that photography blog? We believe in you, FANTASTIC pics and dialogue. Your thread is my refuge. Thanks again so much.

I enjoy cows, the water pics, the birds and incredible flower pics too. All of it.

Right now I’m at 42 latitude, and it doesn’t stay late that long.