Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 7

Old 05-22-2022, 08:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have also been super-sick Free.

Hoping you and Dr Free feel better. s ❤️
Old 05-22-2022, 10:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh Suze, I’m so sorry!

Fell asleep and feel a little better. We had some rice, plain earlier, a wee tiny bit, I think it helped the weakness.

🚽🚽🚽🧻🧻🧻and 🤢🤮🤒

The worst. Think it was from pizza, hubby temp went up to 104, min 102.

The silver lining? NOT ALCOHOL RELATED. AMEN🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Old 05-22-2022, 11:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

the main ingredients of ginger garlic chicken with snow peas, I made Thursday night.

glad we still had the rice
Old 05-22-2022, 05:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Free and Suze

D
Old 05-22-2022, 08:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, pulled my boot straps up to do laundry only to find they shut ours down, had to go to awful public laundry. Took all my strength and there’s no seating.

feeling better, had stuffing and managed to eat some bites of pork.

Sleep well, my peeps 🥱😴
Old 05-23-2022, 03:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hope you guys feel better!
Old 05-23-2022, 05:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks, LHW, I AM feeling better, finally. So glad you are right back here. I am so afraid to drink, I know it would NOT be one or two glasses of wine for me, and that it wouldn’t be just for one night.

Suze, big hugs your way.

Im about a week away from nine months, and finally feeling more confident I have it right this time.

14 months abstinence was confused with control last time around. I’m talking control after that first drink. None, absolutely. And it just happened, don’t really know when, but that change from impulse to compulsion happened after I thought I had my problem ‘under control’. So much worse, I NEVER am going back to that vicious cycle of hell.

All of you mean so much to me in this class, CP, so glad you are here, hon. What All of us do, on and off the screen, matters, and sends a ripple of energy to each of our souls.

Im glad we are such a strong and positive group.

Love you all

hugs
🤓❤️
Old 05-23-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi guys s

LHW honey ~ I want to apologise for not saying anything after your wedding reception. I was so sick last week, I was having trouble thinking straight.

How was the music? How are the band doing after losing a brother? xx

I am not sure how you managed to keep the drinking down to a few glasses; I know I could not do that. None is best for us, yes?

Onward together ❤️❤️
Old 05-23-2022, 10:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Glad you are both feeling better! Did you have Covid? Just curious. It's in high gear around here, but we are hoping we managed to dodge the bullet this time around since we were around so many people the other night.

The band did a great job, considering our reception was the very FIRST performance they did since the accident. They did do more "DJ" playing than actual live music performance and that was okay with me as I totally understood. The brother always started off their sets singing "Hello" by Neil Diamond. They still started it off with that, but with the other brother singing it instead. It had to be hard. It was hard for me to hear it as I have seen this band perform for about 20 years now.

No wine is definitely better, for sure.

LHW
Old 05-23-2022, 10:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that love. xxxx

Nope, no covid for me. I had a killer migraine, and then all of me was sore for days. And bad sinus issues and it was just weird. No clue. But it seems to be gone.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Free/Venus, I hope that you both are fully recovered from your illnesses. Free, thanks for sharing the pics of your stir fry dinner. Looks great. I really need to up my cooking game, as I tend to get stuck in the same old rut, cooking for myself.

I wanted to share an excerpt from the recovery book that I am reading, which got my mind wandering:

"An action item that I highly recommend that you do, is change the background photo on your phone to your favorite baby picture of yourself. Every time I look at my phone, I see an angelic blond-haired kid who just walked two miles with a cricket on his hand. I love that five-year-old kid so much. That kid is still me and he knows that laughter and love are WAY more important in life than podcast download stats and equity in houses."

This section of the book is titled 'Love yourself and lighten up". A huge ask for most of us, right? When I look at pictures of my five-year-old self, I feel like I am looking at a stranger. I have a hard time remembering a care-free, laughing, loving kid. I've been uncomfortable in my skin for so long that any memories of good and happy times seem murky, at best. But I know that there were many happy times. My parents weren't monsters, and they loved me and my siblings and did the best they could. We didn't go without. Far from it. I feel like I've made peace with my father, and told him as much at his graveside.

Is it possible that sobriety can help me get in touch with that kid I seemed to have abandoned so long ago? Is it possible that I could love him and use him as a guide for the rest of my life? The thought of that makes me smile, so I guess that's a good first step.

I love you guys.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:31 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yes dear CP, unequivocally yes. ❤️

If you could talk to my husband, he would tell you that he is married to a woman-child. But not in a bad way. I am just infused with joy, over squirrels and flowers and birds and so many other things. I made a fairy garden here, something I have wanted all of my life. I have so many solar plant lights that my backyard becomes a magical enchanted garden after dark.

And just for fun, I happen to have a pic of four-year-old kindergarten Suze....here you go....

Old 05-24-2022, 09:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Awwwwww!!! Just the cutest!

Here is little James. Or Jamie, as I was known then. Not sure of the age, but guessing around 5. This was likely pre-school.

Old 05-24-2022, 09:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Squoodge.....what a beautiful little boy...can you see the joy? I can. ❤️g]https://i.imgur.com/6eSPNmt.jpg[/img]
Old 05-24-2022, 09:35 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Awwwe!

My turn……I had a horrible childhood, full of woe. Here is a pic, I’ve lost the original, but it was my favorite:

Here is little L.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh, gosh Free. My heart is melting. ❤️❤️
Old 05-24-2022, 09:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

You are welcome James, how are you, Suze? Btw, you all can call me Lynn.

Feeling in a funk, Debbie Downer thoughts. Hope no one in our class real name is Debbie, mean no harm.

Im going in to have my hair chopped, as my sister chopped it in October, then my wasted high hairdresser chopped it in December. It’s falling out by the handfuls. Hubby thinks it is nerves.

Seems we can’t insure the house we are building because insurance companies so depleted from all the fires last couple years. Husband is very depressed. We’ve already put $300k-$400k into the build. We could stop, take our losses, but won’t even be able to sell the land.

Other option is build at own risk, and if things get stolen, or burn down, we lose. OMG.

And a laser thing I had done to my face four years ago left hyperpigmentation marks all over my skin. Of course, you have to be up about three inches close to my face. And my eyelids are sagging. And our bank accounts are losing by the day. And emails aren’t working, And somehow we as a nation got ourselves into a baby formula shortage. And I’m worried about the capacity of our appointed leader in this country.

My eldest is doing ok, offered to help her get out of the dangerous area she’s in, like provide $500 per month toward her expenses. She’s thinking about it.🤨🧐

My son ignores me, I’m really struggling with that, as he had a traumatic event and is suffering mentally. It was horrible, I didn’t cause it, and I can’t cure it. He’s heavily addicted to video games and chat 😳, doesn’t go to school. Doesn’t practice personal hygiene.

And my youngest daughter is being aloof, don’t know if it’s me (we alcoholics seem to think it’s most likely US, right? Doesn’t the world revolve around us? But it’s erring rude not to respond d to text within a day, yes or no? Gotta get your input here.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Was going to stretch, now out of time to do it properly. Irritated with capital I.

Anyway, what about adult children……..Rude? Let it go? Point out the elephant in the room? Approach youngest daughter with caring kid gloves? She lies all the time, never takes accountability. Like “oh, I didn’t see your text”. Give me an effet break. 21 y o are ALWAYS on their devices. Like we are.

Feedback please
Old 05-24-2022, 09:59 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Gosh L. I can't call you Lyn though. What a LOT. Some of that stuff we can chat about via text if you want....I have strong feelings as well.

As for your house insurance sit, oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I am Sure Dr Free and you are both depressed. And your kids....that is a lot of stuff....I think your hair is probably taking the brunt of all of this. s ❤️
Old 05-24-2022, 10:01 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Was going to stretch, now out of time to do it properly. Irritated with capital I.

Anyway, what about adult children……..Rude? Let it go? Point out the elephant in the room? Approach youngest daughter with caring kid gloves? She lies all the time, never takes accountability. Like “oh, I didn’t see your text”. Give me an effet break. 21 y o are ALWAYS on their devices. Like we are.

Feedback please
My thoughts: Call your youngest daughter out on her rubbish. Why do you have to use kid gloves? Same with your son.

That is what I would do, although I doubt anyone will agree with me. xx