Notices

Class of May 2022 Part One

Old 05-05-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sending more love dearest BTG ❤️❤️
Old 05-05-2022, 06:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitorelse View Post
Good Morning! I got day one yesterday! Yippie🕺🏾🕺🏾🕺🏾I hope it is my last day one ever. I Just wanted to join you all here in May. Have a good day everyone!
good job one day 1!
Old 05-05-2022, 09:48 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

BTG,
Take care of yourself as you return to work. Your resilience is admirable.

Well, I'm out. I can't do this sobriety thing. 4 years, and I didn't grow. I will never not mourn my husband. I was berated yesterday at a Theatre Board meeting for being so vehemently opposed to Plaza Suite. The director had complained apparently about my comments, in particular, to the board, even though two other committee members had similar reservations. it's just because I'm a woman and he's a bully.
It was entirely unpleasant. Theatre used to be such a kick for me.

Then I get a photo text from my sister showing her, husband, and my brother and his wife arriving at the Irish mansion b and b they've rented for my brother in law's birthday bash. Other family members on his side arrive soon. No text attached. Just the photo. All the while knowing she didn't invite me. I will always be lonely. I've tried with many things, and it isn't working for me. Theatre is a source of tension now. Chronic treatment resistant depression and every treatment modality you can imagine with limited, no lasting effects.
Lost two friends because they don't like me not drinking.
So, I'm exiting the class, as I don't qualify. Good luck to you all. My thoughts are with you, BTG.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone. I want you all to know how grateful i am for having this group. I feel that i have been in every single monthly group here for years but never have gotten sober. This time is different. I feel it. This is my first step to being free forever this time. I used to join knowing full well i wasn't going to stay sober. How stupid right? I thougth that i could still indulge here and there, that if i went on vacation it didnt matter, that if i had a bad day i was allowed to drink, birthday meant drinking etc...

I have been through so many things that should have made me choice easy years ago. DUI was the biggest one. I didn't drink for two months that time. But yet here i am again. I have been a horrible spouse too. Bad mom, bad friend etc. I ruined so much in my life. So what has finally been my wake up call? Well my son who is 13 and my husband all went on a 5 day vacation where my husband and i both over indulged on 2 of those 5 days. We got into a huge fight as usually and my son was in the middle of it once again. The poor kid has seen things he never should have. my son finally broke down and yelled at us and he talked to me honestly about how he feels and it shook me to my core. I grew up with an alcoholic mother and vowed i would never be like her, yet here i was being her! Its just shook me. Yes he has expressed himself before but not like this. He aint getting any younger and i know i am messing him up. This is stopping now!

Honestly i could write a book here... so i will just sum this up with a heck ya to 10 days of soberiety! Thank u all.
Old 05-05-2022, 11:28 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I am really happy for you letsdance! s
One day at a time, we can make miracles! ❤️

Old 05-05-2022, 12:36 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm here and sober. Feeling pretty blah though. Onward. ❤
Old 05-05-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Leshar

I’m sorry about the theatre group. You should be able to express your concerns there.
I’m sorry about your thoughtless family.
I know the Ativan taper is rough. I think it’s making things tough for you emotionally.
I know you miss your husband and I know you’re lonely depressed.

I still hope you change your mind Leshar.
If drinking was the answer, or even the least worst option, you would never have come to SR in the first place.

you may have lost some drinking buddies but you have a multitude of friends here. Here, you are family

I hope you stay.

D

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
BTG,
Take care of yourself as you return to work. Your resilience is admirable.

Well, I'm out. I can't do this sobriety thing. 4 years, and I didn't grow. I will never not mourn my husband. I was berated yesterday at a Theatre Board meeting for being so vehemently opposed to Plaza Suite. The director had complained apparently about my comments, in particular, to the board, even though two other committee members had similar reservations. it's just because I'm a woman and he's a bully.
It was entirely unpleasant. Theatre used to be such a kick for me.

Then I get a photo text from my sister showing her, husband, and my brother and his wife arriving at the Irish mansion b and b they've rented for my brother in law's birthday bash. Other family members on his side arrive soon. No text attached. Just the photo. All the while knowing she didn't invite me. I will always be lonely. I've tried with many things, and it isn't working for me. Theatre is a source of tension now. Chronic treatment resistant depression and every treatment modality you can imagine with limited, no lasting effects.
Lost two friends because they don't like me not drinking.
So, I'm exiting the class, as I don't qualify. Good luck to you all. My thoughts are with you, BTG.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:01 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Made it through wife’s first night off work, not too bad, it’s on the back of my mind but I’m not listening to that little voice saying a little wine will be ok. Staying strong😊

im very grateful for these forums, they absolutely help me with accountability and inspiration 👍
Old 05-05-2022, 02:04 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm new to this group but not to SR. I've been here for about three years. I've had a few stretches of sobriety - the longest being nine months.

I've been drinking heavily again for the past couple of months. Every day for the past few weeks, I think about stopping. I started the stopping process again yesterday. I wasn't able to go off completely. I had some horrible withdrawal systems last night - mostly extremely elevated blood pressure. I didn't desire to drink at all but my body would not cooperate. I honestly felt as if I would end up in an ambulance.

So today, I'm working on this again. I'm not sure if my body will allow me to be 100% alcohol free tonight but I know it will be much less than the past few weeks. So far, I'm 19 hours sober. It's the longest I have been in a few weeks.

Nice to meet all of you and good luck on your sober journey.
Hope
Old 05-05-2022, 02:25 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome HopefulYear last dance, Quitorelse
stay with us Citrus and EveryDay7

so good to see you BTG

D

Old 05-05-2022, 04:32 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

So sorry to read that news BTG.

Hi to everyone else.

Count me in, it's the end of Day 2 after a full-on all-day everyday 8-day-long spree... I'm over the worst part of getting off it again I hope.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:57 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tetrax

D
Old 05-05-2022, 05:52 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

BTG- I am so sorry for such a tragic loss. Please know you have my deepest condolences.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:01 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Leshar

I’m sorry about the theatre group. You should be able to express your concerns there.
I’m sorry about your thoughtless family.
I know the Ativan taper is rough. I think it’s making things tough for you emotionally.
I know you miss your husband and I know you’re lonely depressed.

I still hope you change your mind Leshar.
If drinking was the answer, or even the least worst option, you would never have come to SR in the first place.

you may have lost some drinking buddies but you have a multitude of friends here. Here, you are family

I hope you stay.

D
This is such a thoughtful and lovely post, and it is all true. ❤️

And if I may, I would like to reiterate Dee's last point: here, you are family. xx
Old 05-06-2022, 06:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

BTG I’m hoping work went well enough. I’m thinking of you and praying for the best.
I’m on day 10 and am not letting up on recovery. I’m going to have a stressful morning with some bill conversations and juggling but alcohol would make it so much worse. Getting a healthy breakfast in before I climb the bill call mountain. I do have a job interview next Tuesday. I’m not dwelling on it so no jinxing it. I will see what happens when it does.

Perfect weather for yard work procrastinators to get off their rear end and just do it. I don’t have to tackle the whole thing at once!

Happy Friday to everyone.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Sending you love dear Imvalentine ❤️
Old 05-06-2022, 07:36 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi all, Day 12 here, feeling good. It's quite remarkable the difference 12 days of sobriety makes compared to how you feel when actively drinking, in a pit of despair. Or when you are on Day 1, feeling petrified and full of anxiety. I wouldn't swap this now for the world. One day at at a time.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:49 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 4 here (precisely 105 hours since my last drink), and apart from my body's inability to regulate temperature and a sore flank from a drunken fall at the weekend, I'm feeling pretty good.

One thing, though. My other half said, 'But we've been here before. What are you going to do this time that's different?' She thinks that I should see a therapist, but I'm reluctant to do that for a number of reasons. Not least of them is the fact that the way I see it, my problem was alcohol. I was drinking to numb problems that were caused, or at the very least exacerbated, by alcohol. Take booze out of the equation and, honestly, my issues are just not therapist level.

However the dilemma remains. We've been here before? What am I going to do this time that's different?
Old 05-06-2022, 11:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarkstheSpot View Post
What am I going to do this time that's different?
Start by re-watching Spaced! Love that show, nice avi.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:11 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good plan!