Notices

Class of May 2022 Part One

Old 05-01-2022, 02:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm in for one day at a time. I haven't had much to drink the last 2 weeks as I've had covid and haven't felt like drinking as I've been unwell. Even with being unwell I've had great sleeps, haven't woken up needing to go to the loo and not getting back to sleep, waking up with covid for me has been much better than any day waking up hungover.. Anyway, the last few nights I've had a couple of wines but it hasn't affected me or my sleep and I didn't want more than the 2 wines in fact I tipped the last of the glass out. Then last night I had a few extra drinks and boy did that make a difference!! Wide awake at 4am busting for the toilet, headache and feeling very groggy, this is mild but I certainly don't miss it.. Time for something different in my life..
And I can only do this by thinking about today only, if I cast my thoughts into the future I just never make the move to give up as there is always some event on.
Day 1..
Old 05-01-2022, 02:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome FlaHope and Red

D
Old 05-01-2022, 08:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Bit of a close one tonight. Got home and hubby had clearly had quite a bit to drink. I went into our room and got on a meeting and he followed shortly wanting to talk and for me to make frozen pizza. I ended up stopping my meeting to make dinner and I said eff it and cracked a beer. But I really don't want to drink! I ended up having a good cry and pouring the beer out, thank goodness. I did get to join the meeting back for the end. I've heard some great and helpful things lately that I hope will help me. I started reading the aa book Living Sober and We are the Luckiest.

I heard someone today say sobriety without working the steps is just a wish. I'm not totally sure or all in on step work at the moment. But it really is sinking in that I need to be doing things even just learning more self soothing things if I am going to be successful.
Something also clicked today a bit about doing small chunks of sobriety to begin with. I thought 24 was the way to go, but I think I need smaller baby steps for a bit. Just saying no to AV hour by hour in the afternoons if necessary. I alway thought that was white knuckling and bad. Surely its ok for now if it works. I think it would be a problem if I was still trying to maintain that in 6 months!

Hope some of that makes sense. Lol. I am tired and all of the boys are a bit riled and loud at the moment. I need to go start trying to shoo them the way of bed.

So glad to be sober. Looking forward to day 3.

Night all! ❤
Old 05-01-2022, 08:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi FlaHope and Red!
Old 05-01-2022, 09:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Citrus

I was used to drinking all day every day so at least initially it was hour by hour for me. That didn't last too long tho - the more days I racked up the more confident in my ability to stay sober I got.

I'm sorry your husband wasn't helpful when you were in a meeting, but I'm glad you poured the beer away.

I had a long long list of reasons to drink, but none of them were important enough to break my resolve when I knew I really wanted to be sober

D
Old 05-01-2022, 10:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

End of Day 169 - Good night from Seattle.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm glad you poured it out citrus, in my eyes that means you've got some strength..
My AV has worked really hard this arvo to get me to drink, it's tried to put me in several scenarios that would've eventuated in me drinking so I've had to talk myself out of these things and thankfully I'm now at home making relish with no wine in the house..
Old 05-01-2022, 10:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Today is 14 weeks sober for me. However, my husband hung himself last night. I found his body this morning. Alcohol claims another victim. My son without a father. Myself without my best friend and lifelong partner. I am still sober. I'm am, however, checking in with you all for a sober May. 😔 Alcohol is not worth it.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

OMG BtG I am so so sorry.
Know that this group and SR is with you

D
Old 05-01-2022, 10:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

BTG I'm soo soo sorry to hear this, how very devastating for you.. We are here for you if you need anything, lots of hugs..
Old 05-02-2022, 12:47 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oh BtG 😢 so very sorry. No words, but my deepest sympathy.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sorry for you and your son BTG, this is terrible...
Sending my best positive energy.
Please stay close to SR
Old 05-02-2022, 03:23 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

In bed and sober, yaya! It feels amazing and I'm actually really proud of myself that I managed to beat the AV.. My partner and stepson are out of their isolation period tomorrow so it's back to work, however the mum doesn't want my stepson back unless he is completely negative which defies the rules we have here in NZ, he barely got sick at all and has been sympton free for about 5 days, I'm praying he is negative as I need a break from him as we are driving each other batty.. Anyway I'm sober and that's the main thing.. Good night all. I'm thinking of you BTG..
Old 05-02-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Joining the May class, day 8 for me. Just been to the gym, nice relaxing day ahead of me.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Count me in 😁

Got over 30 days under my belt now.

We got this!
Old 05-02-2022, 04:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

BTG - I’m so sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am so sorry BTG—what a terrible shock. Do you have some local family / friends who can support you right now?
Old 05-02-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

BTG, I am so very, very sorry for you and your child. There are no words. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you both. And, PM me anytime at all if you want to talk.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:38 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Backtogood, I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old 05-02-2022, 06:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Oh, BTG, I am so, so sorry for what you must be going through. An unfathomable loss and trauma. I do hope you have the support of friends and family and mental health services. Please accept my sincere condolences. Stay close.