Notices

180 Day Challenge Part 5

Old 04-26-2022, 03:28 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Morning all 🌞

I too am glad you made it out alive Free ☺️ hope it you had a fantastic time. And hope those wildfires aren't too crazy 😬
Thoughts to all those experiencing the ups and downs of the market, I can imagine it's a bit nerve wracking.

Going along great here, making lots of healthy changes and feeling quite well. I see myself being back to my old energetic self, where my positivity and energy annoys people 😂

Hope everyone is well also ❤️
Old 04-26-2022, 04:24 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
over hung over

Adv.....understand why property attractive, prices soaring.
But holding costs high and tenants......tenants are just too hard.
I hated feeling like these vulnerable people were a responsibility. You really could
change their lives. I didn't have the right personality for it.

So I got out of it. Have one commercial left. Commercial, here, they have to pay the
outgoings on top of the rent. They write it all off on the business....so its a cleaner
easier deal all round. Long term leases too. At least 3 and 3 usually.

I seriously think about exiting the market thing altogether. There is going to be a crash soon,
its all a huge bubble, there's uncertains everywhere you look and its all getting worse.
I get up this morning, look at the papers and there is this ongoing casual discussion around the
possibility of nuclear war. Unreal.

Like Adv says....tangibles.
Cars, lol!
Seriously, I read about ppl buying and flipping good cars 3, 6 months for serious profit. Fun way to make
a buck. No capital gains tax on the sale. Good cars can do 20% a year. I've been watching MGB's....simple
cars, plenty of parts. Not exotic, but practical to repair and rebuild. What was 18 - 20 K a year or so a go is 25
now.

Maybe that's the answer to our problems, people. Fill those empty alcohol free hours of sober life by making money.....

But I don't think its going to happen today. Assuming the brace position here.....we get Aus inflation numbers later this morning...

Old 04-27-2022, 12:52 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
over hung over

....geez.
Thought I'd deleted that all of that small rave and moved on with my day.

Anyway, that's some dark early morning thinking from here.
And, yeah, the inflation figure did come out. Pundits and experts said 4.7 for the year. Numbers said 5.2.
Ouch.
But the overnight market is crawling back.
So, we can only live with hope
Later
Old 04-27-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I’m with you, brother. I def think recession at some point if this keeps up. We’re over 8% here. My first home in 1981 or 82 my mortgage was 8%, and I had a smaller second mortgage at 14%. Crazy..

I like the car idea - do what you love, pline, the money will come.

I was up early, watched it get light over the mountains in the east. But man, when that sun pops over the range it is like a blast. No mercy here in the desert. Yesterday the spring quail drama. Mom and dad bring the little ones into my yard to eat and have a drink, under the mesquite tree. The baby quail are only 3” tall, haha. Well they all fly up to the top of the wall to leave, and one never can get back out. Happens every year. Running all over in a panic as mom and dad watch and make their sounds. They don't last long, due to predators, so I eventually got too nervous and went and opened my back gate and a few minutes later he scooted out and rejoined the group. Probably wrong to intervene but I was so worried for him.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:46 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone 🌞

Pline, I'm glad you didn't delete your post, I wouldn't say it was dark, these things are a part of life and it's not always sunshine and rainbows and sometimes we all need a rant as you called it. Just as it's good to try to be positive and grateful, it's important to acknowledge the less positive things on occasion and get it out. I hope you did have a good day after getting that off your chest though, even if you thought you deleted it lol.

Advbike, those situations are hard with animals. It's hard having empathy lol. My kids and the neighbours kids once found a magpie in distress and we think it might have been hit by a car or something. The kids were all so distraught, and I couldn't bear the thought of it suffering either, I ended up driving a bit of a distance to take the bird to an animal hospital. The neighbours kids mother thought I was insane and said she wouldn't have done it. I just figured my heart was in the right place and I think the rest of us slept better that night knowing the animal would either be helped or put out if it's misery lol. Maybe lending a helping hand on occasion doesn't do any real harm 🤷

Had a lovely day yesterday, things are much improved, still healing and balancing things but that's life. It's great to feel like your making progress though.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

So happy for you, Zura. I think you're doing splendid.

Glad you helped the bird. I'm such a softie with animals. I even love the bobcat, even though I know he's a bad boy sometimes..

Old 04-27-2022, 10:05 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Haha I understand that he's just doing him and being a bobcat. Animals are awesome. I even love insects 😂 I was in the garden and getting buzzed by a brightly coloured insect, at first I couldn't tell if it was a wasp or not, I must have looked like a nutter flapping my hands and saying "get away" then giggling and cackling when I realised it was a rarer coloured lady beetle 😂 the workman across the road probably had a good laugh too at the crazy lady 🤣
Old 04-27-2022, 10:06 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Haha I understand that he's just doing him and being a bobcat. Animals are awesome. I even love insects 😂 I was in the garden and getting buzzed by a brightly coloured insect, at first I couldn't tell if it was a wasp or not, I must have looked like a nutter flapping my hands and saying "get away" then giggling and cackling when I realised it was a rarer coloured lady beetle 😂 the workman across the road probably had a good laugh too at the crazy lady 🤣
Old 04-27-2022, 08:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

The bobcat (actually a lynx - a bit larger) was hanging around, shortly after I posted..

Lousy pics.. shot through a dirty sliding glass door, but you get the idea.

Old 04-27-2022, 09:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
over hung over

That's a couple of very wow pix Adv.
They must be confident to come in that close to human habitation.

Thanks Zura......sometimes I just write stuff out then delete it.

Just playing with trying to load a pic here myself. Needs a url, doesn't seem to work with
a local path to hard drive.
You have to upload to external host, then link I guess...
Old 04-27-2022, 09:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

double post.

D
Old 04-27-2022, 10:00 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can attach a photo to a post -
you need to be in full reply mode, not quick reply...if you scroll down you'll see an 'attach files' box...then a 'manage attachments' button...
hit that and you can upload from your PC there, assuming it's within the prescribed limits of size (you'll see them there when you upload).
but I'd think about it some more. Once a pic is up we won't take it down.

You'd be better off using it as a profile profile or avatar - that way you can take it down any time you like

D
Old 04-27-2022, 10:39 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Very cool advbike!!

I get that Pline, and sometimes writing it and deleting it is enough to unburden ourselves 😂
Old 04-28-2022, 05:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Advbike- WOW! That Lynx is so beautiful. Look at those ears!
What an amazing sight.

We only get neighborhood cats, skunks and opossum. You really are in a National Geographic type situation.
Old 04-28-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks, yes he (she?) is beautiful, and I love all the critters here. The birds are everywhere too. Pline they are habituated but that cat generally will jump over the wall if I step outside. Although last year I accidentally got close to some cubs (kittens?) pretty close up, 3-4 meters, which made me nervous because I knew mama couldn't be far. But they were totally chill. I do provide water for the birds and critters because the desert is so hot and dry. There are no homes directly behind me so lots of animals. I will see if aI can get a good pic of a javelina. I always spot them at a distance.

Pline, I use a hosting service - Photobucket - for pics I want to post in a forum, only $3/mo. The pics are uploaded there then you can just use an image link.

Going to have a second cup of coffee, then for a motorcycle ride. Have a great day all.

Old 04-28-2022, 10:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Late check in today, just thought I'd drop in and say hi ☺️ Hi 🤪 off to do some Friday afternoon shopping
Old 04-29-2022, 07:39 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning! I can’t believe it’s Friday already! Haha I’ll spare you all the Friday song by Mustafa.

Long bike ride this morning and then some projects. Motorcycle ride and breakfast tomorrow with my buddy. We always have great chats, good friends are so important.

Dusty I hope all is well. Wishing all a great weekend.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:34 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Hope you enjoy your ride and catch up advbike.

Nothing much exciting happening here. Weekends here, just the usual planting and housework and such. But I'm sober, content (dare I say happy) and getting healthier by the day. No more hard knock life for me, simple and good life.

Best wishes to all hope to hear from everyone soon ❤️
Old 04-29-2022, 04:58 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi all, I read all your posts! With you all the way.

moose yesterday, deer today.

Amazing

Cruising along just over 8 months.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:08 PM
  # 80 (permalink)