Notices

180 Day Challenge Part 5

Old 04-18-2022, 09:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning all 😊

​​​​​​I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for the posts slaying and Mizz.

I liked the discussion around nirvana, especially just the comparison to escapism. I wasn't ever consciously trying to achieve "nirvana" but certainly something akin to it as why consume a substance that gives you a high? Definitely an exercise in futility considering that the low that followed more then outweighed any of the perceived benefit.

Thanks for the early morning musings 😊 I hope all are well ❤️
Old 04-18-2022, 09:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Cross posted with you advbike, glad your feeling well 😊
Old 04-18-2022, 10:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congratulations on nine months Slaying.
Old 04-18-2022, 01:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 9 months Slaying

D
Old 04-18-2022, 03:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

9 months slaying! Wonderful to hear. Congratulations.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 Months, Slayin!
Awesome work!
Old 04-20-2022, 06:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

It’s 4/20.. haha, a special day for some, but not me. Although I do like the date, so might try to make a positive change of some sort to attach some significance to it. I hope everyone is having a great week!

All good here. Busy.. and eating too many sweets but otherwise fine. I will be doing some heavy duty house cleaning today and tomorrow, and a home project. The hot season is upon us and I saw my first rattlesnake of the season the other day when I was out on my bike. There will be a lot more critters, too.

BABM, how are you doing? How about you, Pline? I hope you are both feeling well.

Zura, I believe you must be getting close to a month!
Old 04-20-2022, 04:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Haha advbike I'm like why is today significant for some so I googled it. Im also cleaning the house today, too much gardening can be bad for the body. Snakes give me the heebie jeebies, well the dangerous ones. But I've never been bitten so not sure what that's about lol just a healthy respect I suppose but it tends on the severe side.

Yes, I'm at 27 days today. AV been giving me hell lately after being completely silent for the first few weeks. Death wails I assume, that ghost from the past can stay dead thanks!

As always my thoughts are with you all and hope to hear from you soon ❤️
Old 04-20-2022, 04:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I had a piece of raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake last night. I'm not a sweets eater normally I ran out of coffee so I'm wondering if the impulse buy is connected to the sugar in my coffee. Looking for a fix. I am overweight and need to lose weight for health and pain issues so I'm going to have to address that. On nicotine gum now too which is going really well so overall making huge strides but my eating habits need a good overhaul.
Old 04-20-2022, 05:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am the same, Zura. Eating healthy is a struggle for me because I don't enjoy cooking, or grocery shopping, which is the first step in healthy meal planning. I used to eat out a lot but Covid broke me of that, so I just cook whatever and it's too much fat and carbs (and sugar) and not enough lean protein and veggies. So I struggle with it. I was never good at domestic duties, despite being a bachelor for a good part of my life. Can't stand housecleaning either, lol. Tonight I'll bake some salmon with brown rice and a veggie, so that's good. But just as often it will be a pizza or something really basic. Breakfast is the only meal of the day that is consistently healthy. *Sigh*.. so much to work on.
Old 04-20-2022, 06:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Just prepared a HUGE salad and here's your post lol your dinner sounds delicious. I used to love cooking but lost my passion for it somewhere. Probably from having a fussy annoying kid 😂Hopefully that'll come back, he's old enough now to fend for himself.

Haha I detest housework but do love a clean environment. Every now and then I get this weird motivation to clean and don't resent every second of it. Today is such a day. Unfortunately I think it's my sciatic nerve that's bothering me the past few days so I'll have to see how much I can do.

Enjoy your dinner and I hope it gets easier for you too, you exercise alot so you've got that going for you!!
Old 04-20-2022, 06:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

The 4/20 day!
Well, 420 was once a really big event here. People getting together in the park, with their hacky sacks, smoking and music. The last few years have been low key due to the pandemic. I don't pay much attention to this day as Ive never been attracted or cared for the "idea" surrounding it. This area is overly saturated. Every dang corner seems to have a shop or there is some radio ad, billboard, etc. Its insane. Def not a vibe I need or want in my life.... Anyways......
Im eating a sandwich and drinking a Jarritos Mango Soda. Its not a San Pelligrino but its something.....
When I went to the store this morning they were still out of San Pelligrino. Who should I talk to about this? Its a freaking crisis, ya'll!

Cleaning:
I have to turn on my chanting sessions or some music to get through the dishes. If I dont have an audio distraction I get really frustrated. The dishes and I will never be on good terms. Never.

Have a great evening and I am so glad to see everyone is healthy and well! Keep up the amazing work.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi all, so sorry I’ve been absent. When I’m struggling I retreat. I am miraculously still sober though. 312 days. Some hard, some a struggle. Fighting some anxiety and depression but I might be turning the corner. I’ll try to get here more often. Fun fact of the day I was in a meeting with Jeff Bezos and 40 other people today. I’d post a pic but don’t know how.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're turning the corner man

D
Old 04-21-2022, 03:20 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 312 days BetterMan.
Old 04-21-2022, 08:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congrats BABM. I hope things turn around for you soon ❤️
Old 04-21-2022, 08:34 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Man, it's good to hear from you, BABM.. And such good news that you're sober, and feeling better. I can learn from you, brother.

Love the part about the meeting with Bezos, are you working on a rocket? Have fun!

Zura, you're either up really late or really early, haha. Get some sleep!
Old 04-21-2022, 01:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning all

​​​​​​Advbike - yes it was about 1am when I posted but definitely wasn't still up. Ive been waking up in the middle of the night with pain and have to get up for a bit to be able to go back to sleep for a few extra hours.

I've hit an emotional low pretty hard so yet another thing to manage. Oye, Oye, Oye. Just keep swimming 🤪

I really hope you have a better day today BABM.
​​
Hope your doing ok too pline.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Friday to all!

Zura, I am sorry you're having pain. That is so difficult to deal with, as I recently experienced it myself. I wish you healing and quality sleep.

I am about to head out on the motorcycle for a morning ride, after watching my Economist Ukraine webinar (twice a month with European experts) and having two delicious cups of coffee. Well, I must eat first, and adhere to my new program which I have started on 4/20 haha...

I have finally conceded that I cannot control my diet habits, so have downloaded a tracker. I have inflammation creeping in, and suspect I am pre-diabetic again. I want to lose 8-10 pounds before I head back overseas in June. Mostly, I have been eating way too many carbs. For example, yesterday when I first used the logger, I saw that I had consumed 2900 calories. 40% carbs, 40% fat (some healthy), 20% protein. I should be down around 2200-2400, and need more protein/fewer carbs. I was 500 cal over - so it's obvious why I put on weight when not exercising much, as was the case for much of the past several months - for one reason or another. The numbers don't lie. However, when I plugged in yesterday's bicycle ride of 2 hours 12 minutes I saw I had burned 1300 calories. So I had a net LOSS for the day of 800 calories. I can only do that every other day at my age, but if I hold to 2400 cal a day max, I should be able to drop a pound a week.

So that's the plan. And remember.. it's Friday then! Haha, wishing all a great weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AnG04qnLqI
Old 04-22-2022, 10:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Haha I started dancing before I even clicked the link, great value.

Sounds like a good plan advbike. I have a meal plan ready to go, just need to execute it. That's always the issue for me. I'm a great planner but not so great at implementation. Probably the neural pathway thing. But if we keep at it, it sticks eventually.

Hows everyone else? I know Free is adventuring. How are you going DF, busy with the holidays still?