Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 59

Old 03-12-2022, 05:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Not gonna lie, Sass, it has been tough with my wife unexpectedly out of commission. But there is no "good" time to quit - stuff always comes up.

So when things get tough, I reach out to my support network, including you all. I am never above asking for help. And even just writing down my thoughts/progress every morning has been beneficial. I feel a bit like a newbie, but this is certainly familiar territory.

This morning was hard - my stomach was churning. But I got out in the afternoon to shovel snow and felt much better. Day 5 almost done. I'm going to cook some bbq chicken pizzas for the family. Hoping my kid sleeps in until 8am because of the time change overnight lol.
Old 03-12-2022, 10:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

It's good to be here for you DD, we've missed you!
Old 03-13-2022, 04:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

DD, day 5 for me felt like I had climbed a mountain. Although it wasn’t “over”, it was a milestone and it got gradually easier. From what I’ve seen here, once you decide to do something, you go after it full force. I am especially grateful these days that I quit back in 1983 and stayed that way. My primary doc thought I had COPD because I am out of breath when I walk but happily it turns out that I was fortunate enough to quit back then and it’s mild. As I’m sure you know, you will start noticing many benefits before long!
Old 03-14-2022, 06:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 7 - I keep having up and down days. Yesterday was fine in the morning, didn't feel anxious or have any cravings, but struggled in the evening.

Today is back to work. After being out on "vacation," I can ease myself back in. I'll probably just be catching up on emails and project statuses. But it will be a busy week with appointments and milestones, culminating with my kid's first birthday party invite on Saturday.

I may be checking in less, but that doesn't mean I'm not working hard to beat this.
Old 03-14-2022, 11:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

hi to all
Old 03-15-2022, 07:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi PJ!

DD, please do keep us posted when you can.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

DD, maybe some inspiration for you to help, today is 6 years since I gave up tobacco, after 38 years of at least 2 packs per day.

You've got a week under your belt now, hoping it's getting easier. By about 3 weeks in I no longer had any desire at all to start up again.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Definitely getting easier, Bud. Day 9 in the books with no cravings and only minimal anxiety. I'm also using the 0 nicotine vape less and less. Just not much desire to do so.

Had a dental appointment this morning and found out I need some minor surgery - not looking forward to that. But otherwise, things are good.
Old 03-17-2022, 06:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Popping in to say hi !
Babs 🍀
Old 03-17-2022, 10:58 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Babs, hows things with you? How's hubbys health these days?

Old 03-18-2022, 06:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Babs!
Old 03-20-2022, 09:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi there !
Well, doing ok. here's the deal....just got back from Arizona. We were there for 3 months and things really did go well.
We met with our friends at house partys and the same ole same ole. and I did just fine.
Except for one night. Got mad at hubby and snuck a sip of his wine while he was taking a shower !!!!!!!! What's up with that.
Because I could and I did. How stupid. It has passed and still doing just fine. I hated the taste by the way.
Hubby is doing better...Has Dr. appts. coming up and we will see what is said then.
So, I have been trying to catch up since we got back and now ...might sell the house. I'm not sure if that is my bag but, I can't keep up with the lawn and snow myself.
Anyway,,,enough of me. Hope everyone is ok.
Babs
Old 03-20-2022, 03:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Babs - welcome back
Old 03-21-2022, 05:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Babs, just keep right on working it. I found as I got older that less living space is easier :-)
Old 03-21-2022, 06:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Guys...I'm going to stay with my sobriety date. and thanks for support.
Yes, It gets to close sometimes and that was for sure. Doing better now, and trying to control
my feelings.
Yes, Sass, I hear you....and i understand what your saying. Hugs to you....
Well, Hope everyone is doing better.
The weather is finally warming up here and the streets and sidewalks are clearing of all the snow.
Looking forward to the warm spring days.
Babs
Old 03-22-2022, 12:44 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Babs, I am going through a similar situation with being away 3 months at a time I cannot keep up with the garden, we are planning on going on the market some time in May and looking for an apartment. It will be a pain with Molly, with her morning and evening toilet, but we cannot plan our moves around an 11 1/2 year old dog; much as we love her we know our time left with her is limited.
Like you, I used to drink after a fight with hubby (I'm so glad it was only a sip Babs) almost a 'see what you made me do?' scenario. But he didn't 'make' me do anything, I did it to myself. Quite why I don't know, self sabotage? Using the fight as an excuse to blame someone else for my weakness? Falling back on an old favourite to 'cope'? Dunno. But until I found a sober tool that fitted, I struggled. For me, it was just taking myself out of the situation for a while, either in a walk or a book or soothing music.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:23 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Babs, I understand. I had a short slip after a very good spell and made the decision not to change my sober date. I had mixed feelings about that but it worked out for me. I think that knowing I couldn’t do that a second time helped keep me from doing that again.

Toots, yes, I have also found over time that I needed simpler living situations. It was a multi-step transition and I have not had any major regrets - just an occasional twinge of missing something but quickly realizing I am overall much happier with simpler!
Old 04-01-2022, 07:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Yes, it was just a sip--but, too close. I don't want it to happen again.
I know, what happens and how godly sick I get when I binge ...so, that always as a rule makes me turn the other way.
Right now --things are going a little smoother.
There's the problem of selling the house and we have different ideas there too.
We are a mess aren't we?
But, I know I can come here and vent and that helps just to cool off.
Thank you for your support.
Hope everyone is feeling and doing ok.
Babs
Old 04-02-2022, 01:41 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

support to you babs
Old 04-07-2022, 02:54 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

So I had dental surgery yesterday - it was way more intense than expected but I've been able to manage the pain with just OTC meds.

What has caught me off guard is the intense urge to vape. I've been vaping 0% nicotine liquid for the past month so there is no actual physical dependence at this point. When my dental surgeon said I couldn't do anything that had a sucking motion for two weeks (straw, smoking/vaping, spitting, etc.), I just threw my vaporizer and e-liquid out. But I find myself subconsciously reaching for it to self-soothe and feeling a bit anxious when I realize it's no longer there. Oh well - no turning back now.