Notices

Class Of February 2022 Part Two

Old 02-19-2022, 05:14 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hit a large rough patch last night while talking with Mr. Alpine. It is hard enough to live so far apart, but add on a difficult situation on top of it is no fun at all for me. I need to keep focused and not have alcohol to escape because that situation will still be there. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:32 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Keep focussed alpine. I'm sorry things are tough. I know it's cheesy but I love the Bon Jovi line of 'living for the fight when it's all that you've got...' - focussing on this fight helps me when other things are not going so well. And then I get satisfaction from getting through each day
Old 02-19-2022, 05:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Red78;7768820]97 days is amazing calmself!! You should be very proud of yourself..

I am going to sleep at the end of my day 1, I feel much better now than this morning and am hoping for a good sleep, will put an audiobook on and hopefully that will drift me off..

See ya all on the flip slide..[/QUOTE
Thanks Red! Welcome to the class groups.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi Classmates,
There is a snow squall warning here, high winds, so my friend and I decided to cancel our drive this am. Just as well, I'm really tired now.
Be, I like your "domestic administration" phrase! It makes doing chores sound so much more sophisticated!
Old 02-19-2022, 07:17 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Be, I like your "domestic administration" phrase! It makes doing chores sound so much more sophisticated!
It might attract more men to do housework, I make it sound so manly 😂😂. Washing, bills, moving money around, sorting the car, providing for the cat...domestic admin done 😇
Old 02-19-2022, 07:22 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

You scared me a moment there Calm. I misread your post with the spaces in the quote and thought you were ending day 1. I reread it properly the second time. I’m posting mostly in the January class but still checking in on the February class too. Keep up the good work everyone. I’m at day 91, 3 months today. If I can do it, you can too.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:27 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi Scott, three months, fantastic!
Old 02-19-2022, 07:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Scott and calm, great number of sober days!
Old 02-19-2022, 08:06 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Great supportive posts here. I wish everyone the best going forward with sobriety. After a short blip I am now on day 10 and feeling great. Let’s not go back!
Old 02-19-2022, 08:26 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group dear Labfriend! ❤️
Old 02-19-2022, 08:38 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning! Checking in on this rainy Saturday on day 20. It's the beginning of my work week, so I have a few long days ahead of me. Had a good day with my son yesterday, we went shopping and had lunch together, took the dog on a walk. Getting my labs done on Tuesday, I skipped my appointment last August, so taking care of that. Also got my intake scheduled for out patient, it's not til March 11th, but it's in the books. Have a good Saturday!
Old 02-19-2022, 08:41 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scott2295 View Post
You scared me a moment there Calm. I misread your post with the spaces in the quote and thought you were ending day 1. I reread it properly the second time. I’m posting mostly in the January class but still checking in on the February class too. Keep up the good work everyone. I’m at day 91, 3 months today. If I can do it, you can too.
Awesome, Scott! We are approaching the magical 3 digit mark. Lets keep going
Old 02-19-2022, 08:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Good morning! Checking in on this rainy Saturday on day 20. It's the beginning of my work week, so I have a few long days ahead of me. Had a good day with my son yesterday, we went shopping and had lunch together, took the dog on a walk. Getting my labs done on Tuesday, I skipped my appointment last August, so taking care of that. Also got my intake scheduled for out patient, it's not til March 11th, but it's in the books. Have a good Saturday!
congrats BTG and Labfriend. What a date and night difference when we don't drink for a while.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:06 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Coming to the end of Day 3. Wasn't a great day, in a bit of a depressive funk. Hopefully the lexapro will start working soon. The pharmacy say I need a new script Monday but I have an appt fortunately.

Tomorrow will be a better day hopefully. At least I don't want to drink. I mean I do but I don't really, you know?
Old 02-19-2022, 09:56 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I hope tomorrow is better dear FF. s ❤️
Old 02-19-2022, 11:12 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good night all - going to bed sober at the end of two weeks sobriety. I'm impatient to move forward but time is not rearranging itself for me, so therefore I must be patient and keep doing all the right things.

Have a good one everyone
Old 02-19-2022, 11:15 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hope you have a great sleep Ben, and congrats on 2 weeks! ❤️
Old 02-19-2022, 12:29 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi all, hi Labfriend!
The weather outside is frightful!
High winds blowing snow everywhere. I'm fortunate that I am able to hire out the snow removal from around my house and driveway. I called my guy and told him not to come today. I'm not going anywhere and it's just miserable. Left a message. Hope he got it. He's a lovely man, who always looks out for me. I went out to take in my bird feeder as it was coming loose from its moorings. It was horrible!
Old 02-19-2022, 03:30 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Gosh it seems like there's lots of undesirable weather going on and maybe I'm the only one in summer on the thread?
Today is day 2.. I had a very long sleep for me and unbroken, yay!!
I'm already feeling the crave for the end of the day, I have been 'told off' like a child already for not paying enough attention and this just makes me mad/upset and I have to pretend like it doesn't affect me and then I start thinking of drinking..
I'm not sure what to do to get past these feelings..
Old 02-19-2022, 03:40 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I am in summer in my mind dear Red. It may take me many more years to get used the fact that February is cold-weather time here.

I understand: that makes me upset as well. And then my less than best instincts take over if I let them....but we can calm ourselves. Approve of ourselves. We can give ourselves a pat on the back when others around us are being critical. s xx