Notices

One Year & Over Part 85

Old 01-23-2022, 01:58 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

The Bold and The Beautiful has a lot to answer for....ridiculous clothes and wigs, and a very very poor attempt at portraying AA meetings.
You, on the other hand are amazing: you never stop doing the hard stuff. Getting help when you need it is brave and wise. Love you PJ ❤️
Old 01-23-2022, 04:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post

just ghosting tv...0800 here, 'The Bold and the Beautiful, at the very moment I flick to that channel...the scene is a beautiful looking lady, not male, woman of the female variety, pause in music, zoom to the face with a single ear, admits to another beautiful lady, she relapsed and drank....
which will'nt do, but jeez the universe has a weird sense of humour.
Spongebob is more my level.
This gave me a giggle PJ. Yep, if there is a God he/she/they has one dark sense of humor!

I'm also liking the toolkit reference and "Psycholady".

I continued to feel a bit off for most of my day but hit it hard with my own efforts: long walk, house chores, visited my Dad. None of this cures it but maybe it is more a maintenance thing as I didn't get worse and actually could feel some endorphins kicking in.

Tomorrow I go with my brother to get some documents notarized. Also I need to send a charger back to my sister in Alaska. She left it here.

So tonight I will feed the cats, call my brother's MIL, and rewatch some Downton Abbey episodes.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Bekind, you’re doing more than I am. Just call me Sassy-slug

Sending lots of *hugs* to those that need/want them - I never run out
Old 01-24-2022, 09:30 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Missed a day yesterday. I’d planned to come here last night but was just too tired.
Mum in law wasn’t well, so we were there most of the day. She has vertigo and is very disoriented. The doc visited and prescribed some meds which hopefully will help. Her sister stayed over and Mr. Mags will stay tonight if needed.

Have a good day my friends, be safe. xxxx

Hope everyone is well.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:26 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I hope she recovers soon, mum gets bouts of vertigo she literally walks around the house clinging to the walls even lying in bed is a challenge!

Still not got a helpful response from BA and I'm due to fly tomorrow. The ticket has all my details bar the Christian name which is my husbands. Years ago women were knows as, for example, "Mrs Peter Piper" but I doubt I could swing it these days! Blooming stressful I can tell you!

I finished decorating my sunroom yesterday, I'm so happy with the result. Would post a photo, but I have forgotten how to!
Old 01-25-2022, 02:35 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Toots, keeping fingers crossed for your trip!

Mags, it has surprised me how many of us have dizzy spells as we get older and how many different causes there are. Quite a few residents here use walkers because of that.

The lion collage is coming along - working on the batting and backing. When that’s done there’s just (!) the binding left.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Overs
Old 01-25-2022, 05:54 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good luck with the plane ticket toots! I hope you make it to Egypt no problem. Totally random fact. I live on a little four house private lane and the main street we connect to is named Egypt Road.

Have a good day all!
Old 01-25-2022, 06:38 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

I woke up to an unexpected snowstorm and Cherry Clafoutis for breakfast. I'm in a Cherry Clafoutis trend as some may note.

My dreams are so often so complex and intense. I figure that this is my subconscious working out issues while I sleep. I have no idea if this is true but like the idea.

Lots to do today. Sassy, I'm not actually that productive but I do better if I stay busy and telling you all about it makes me focus on good things I have done . . . I'm pretty negative about myself.

All my walking has left one knee a bit stiff so today will be a day of yoga and body weight workouts.

I'm off to write some emails I've been putting off, text my sister and look up a copy of Crime and Punishment.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:26 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bekind, Cherry Clafoutis sounds delicious.

Toots, I hope you got your ticket sorted and got off on the plane ok.

Viewed a bungalow for sale near mil’s yesterday. I don’t think it’s the one for us though. Lots of aspects to think about. I liked it but didn’t love it. Still mulling it over.

I’ve a hospital appointment this morning. At the local hospital with the doc about my wrist. I was going to cancel because he referred me to another consultant who I’ve seen and is planning to operate.
But I thought if I cancel It may cause confusion and I can at least put the doc in the picture (though I’m sure it will be on his computer screen) but these docs may not always talk to each other.

Have a good day my friends, be safe and well. xxxx
Old 01-26-2022, 01:11 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I hope it goes well Mags...
Old 01-26-2022, 01:49 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Me, too, Mags!

Bekind, cherry clafoutis - sounds yummy. I do think I understand how you feel. During the winter as largely “act as if” and somehow over the years it is making a difference. It’s not that I get more done but I don’t get into the down spells all winter so much anymore.

Have a happy HumpDay to all
Old 01-26-2022, 03:27 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Sending positive energy for a good appointment Mags
Old 01-26-2022, 04:32 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Mags

BeKind, I've also had some very vivid dreams recently. Can't remember the last drinking dream. I've been turning down the dream drinks lately. Pretty sure that's a good thing!?!

Coldest morning here in a long time (-10F actual temp). Thankfully there's no wind to go along with it!

Book project "research phase" is moving along. Still much to do.

Have a Happy Hump-Day, overs!
Old 01-26-2022, 05:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

FBL, any progress on your publishing price increases? Stay warm! We are supposed to hit low single digits tonight.

Hope MIL improves some today Mags.

Have a good day all!

Old 01-26-2022, 08:19 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Clear, cold and sunny this morning. I have a kitty snuggled up. He just seems to enjoy my presence. It is flattering.

Today I need to unload the dishwasher, run laundry, check emails, figure out the thumb of the fingerless mittens I'm knitting, pick up the mail, check the chicken food and I'm hoping to do a full 40 minute yoga video.

I will visit my Dad again today. I borrowed a hammer from the house I'm sitting and now can't find it. Ugh. Looking for it will be a project for today.

Ups, downs, and mistakes. Such is life.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, most welcome.

Bekind, it’s good therapy stroking a pet. (They say)

Mil is doing better, as you mentioned about your mum Toots, she clings to the walls and doors when she walks. Which is an improvement because she couldn’t stand a few days ago.

Hospital appointments went well. Consultant is leaving me under the surgeon for now, physio have discharged me until after my surgery. All’s good so far.

Sassy I hope your hospital appointment went well. Sending hugs for you and Sassykitty.

Have a good day my friends, be safe. xxxx

Old 01-27-2022, 05:16 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs! It’s a gorgeous but very cold day (currently 0 deg F, that’s a warming trend).

Have a good day to all
Old 01-27-2022, 07:53 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Irk Mags, I'm sorry you are headed for more surgery. Ugh. May it go well.

I had a good day yesterday and completed most of my tasks. Sassy, I'm really not that up-and-at-em, I just tell you all what I do and not how much time I spend sitting on the couch wasting time. Irk. I suppose if I came from a different culture or was more spiritually advanced I'd be okay with myself no matter how little I "accomplished". Irk. I yam what I yam and appreciate you all.

The snow that was drifting down is getting more serious. I do enjoy snow storms no matter how much I long for spring.

May you all have a good one.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:42 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Well I made it to Egypt, no thanks to the airline! First I went down the day before the flight and managed to get the name changed then when I arriv3d for the flight I was told I needed to take a specific covid test -and get the results- preflight. I told them I didn't but they wouldn't let me board without it. Went and got the test done, and while waiting for the result asked at another check in desk when this particular ruling came in as hubby flew 10 days ago without it and it wasn't on the Egypt consulate website the previous day. He couldn't find it on his screen, but still would t let me check in. Finally confirmation came through, ( I had to ask for a completely unnecessary printed copy, but again, airline insisted) boarded my flight to London, then at the check-in at London they told me I had the wrong test done. After a phone call they said I could fly but may be quarantined on arrival!! Of course, on arrival all Egypt needed to see was my covid passport - not the test I had to have done £35 thank you very much- or any other test. I am absolutely fuming about the unnecessary stress they put me through all day. And I will put in a complaint. Aaaaannnyhoo, I'm here now and enjoying my time.
Old 01-27-2022, 11:04 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Ugh Toots. That sounds confusing and frustrating.

I'm hoping you have a lovely time in Egypt and that it is warm. What do you plan on seeing there? Have you been there before?

I'm off to look up the place where I usually get my taxes done, vacuum a bit and look for an easy yoga to do with my sister.