Notices

One Year & Over Part 85

Old 01-20-2022, 11:54 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

FBL, that will be a cold game in Green Bay this weekend!

PJ, you have been a huge inspiration to all of us for five years. I love your quote today.

Best wishes all!
Old 01-21-2022, 10:41 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning all . . . . for whatever is left.

It is pouring snow right now which is cosy.

I have a week and a half of solitary house sitting so may well be leaning hard on you all.

Successes of this morning: emptied the vacuum cleaner, wasn't passive aggressive with my sister (took her to the airport and I'm always careful when family is leaving as my grief comes out unpleasantly).

Now to call my cousins, get some sewing out of the care and check the laundry.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi friends ~ The weekend meditation retreat is approaching....

I know you guys were a little concerned, but they are requiring everyone to provide proof of a negative Covid test with an emailed picture of the results before checking in....I took a rapid home test this afternoon and passed Plus they are still enforcing masks, 6ft social distancing, etc.

The retreat is from tonight to Sunday afternoon, but it's not far from home and there are some breaks so I should be able to come home and get stuff if needed....Plus I'll have my phone so I can check in with you guys....I'm excited!
Old 01-21-2022, 02:09 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Things have changed Purps love....and safety precautions are through the roof now, so I am all for it. Go you. Have a fantastic time honey. ❤️❤️ s
Old 01-21-2022, 09:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi all -

I’m doing better after a very low point. Thanks for your kind perspective. I started to brush my teeth no matter what and managed to get a Drs appt. Self care abs sleep help. More changes coming.

Ann, sigh. My heart sinks.

Andy - I hope he is ok too. He is missed

Toots - Safe travels. I hope you get your projects done in time and enjoy some sun in Egypt.

Mags - oofa!!! That one hurts! I hope it can be fixed :/

Purps - thrilled for you!!!

Saskia - Thx, your words help. Yup, Im a perfectionist with a smart kid whose brain never shuts off. I do get help from hubby, but it isn’t on the same level that I hold myself to, and that mismatch does get to me.

PJ - thank you for sharing….hugs

baby just puked in bed so stopping midcatch up. Wishing you all a good weekend m
Old 01-21-2022, 09:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi all -

I’m doing better after a very low point. Thanks for your kind perspective. I started to brush my teeth no matter what and managed to get a Drs appt. Self care abs sleep help. More changes coming.

Ann, sigh. My heart sinks.

Andy - I hope he is ok too. He is missed

Toots - Safe travels. I hope you get your projects done in time and enjoy some sun in Egypt.

Mags - oofa!!! That one hurts! I hope it can be fixed :/

Purps - thrilled for you!!!

Saskia - Thx, your words help. Yup, Im a perfectionist with a smart kid whose brain never shuts off. I do get help from hubby, but it isn’t on the same level that I hold myself to, and that mismatch does get to me.

PJ - thank you for sharing….hugs

baby just puked in bed so stopping midcatch up. Wishing you all a good weekend m
Old 01-21-2022, 10:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Purps enjoy your weekend meditation retreat…sounds wonderful!

Andy, hope you’re all ok. Give us a wave when you get chance. @Treerat66

Bekind, hope the house sitting becomes enjoyable. Lean on us as much as you want.

Have a good day my friends, be safe. Lots of love xxxx
Old 01-22-2022, 12:39 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yes, where are you Andy? We miss the smell of bread baking and coffee brewing. I hope you're okay?

Purps have a blast - gently and in repose of course! Namaste

Bekind, good self awareness

Hubby managed to get his name on my flight ticket and do you think we can speak to anyone at BA to amend it? (I think you know the answer, so no prizes) I fly Wednesday, so now reduced to hoping I can amend it at check in. Hi hum, worried? Me? Nah.....
Old 01-22-2022, 04:20 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Have a good day, overs
Old 01-22-2022, 06:17 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Purps, have a good time! Looking forward to your report.

We got a dusting of snow overnight. Just enough to remind me that it's winter.

Have a Wonderful Weekend, overs!
Old 01-22-2022, 08:06 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs.

We had snow too yesterday. I caught a glimpse of the rising sun through snow frosted trees this morning when I went to turn on my coffee. Winter isn't my thing but it is truly beautiful.

I will visit my Dad this afternoon and dink around this morning trying to do something about Stuff . . . . . AKA change the things I can.

Have a good one lovely people.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:49 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi All - especially FBL abs Bekind that I missed last post.

I haven’t shared a SisK moment for a bit bc of lack of capacity.

she got a small talking mr Rogers figurine that says positive things in her stocking for Xmas.

yesterday I was putting things away and saw that she took one of her COVID masks and put it on him so that he would be safe too.

Nana gave her a Disney princess doll for Xmas. SisK doesn’t really understand it yet bc she hasn’t been exposed, so her Disney princess doll is of course a Dr instead (bc that is the only adult she has interacted with, so of course all women are doctors in her world)

pandemic kids….
Old 01-22-2022, 06:04 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Done for today...3 sessions, nice people! A bit advanced for my beginner self, but they say "Your karma brought you here; you're exactly where you are supposed to be" so I'm just going with it

Two more sessions tomorrow...I really like the small meditation room with a dim light; nice and quiet where you can go in and sit...

Anyway, it's going well....I should be back on computer tomorrow so I can hit the Thanks button again

Old 01-22-2022, 09:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Purps pleased it’s going well. Your meditation room sounds very restful and peaceful.

Toots, crikey. I hope you can change the ticket ok. Is Molly staying with your friend while you’re away? I recall you saying she loves having her. Home from home.

SE, pleased SisK is keeping Mr Rogers safe!

At mum in law’s yesterday she turned the tv on to the indoor bowling championships at Potters in Norfolk. She spent many happy holidays there with fil and friends in the past. So it was a walk down memory Lane for her and although I thought I’d settle down and watch the birds in the garden on the feeders the semi final turned out to be an exiting match!

Have a good day my friends, be safe. xxxx
Old 01-22-2022, 11:00 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

SE love the SpecialK stories!

Mags yes, my friend has her. Her upstairs neighbour, an older chap, walks her in the mornings around the village, people stop to talk to her so he gets more social interaction. He loves it. It's a little sad isn't it that people are less likely to bother with him when he's on his own. No surprise he's always asking my friend when Molly is next coming to stay!
Old 01-22-2022, 11:27 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aw that’s lovely toots, but sad people don’t talk so much if he hasn’t got Molly.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:09 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs.

Toots, lovely that Molly can bring that gentleman some pleasure!

Purps, in my younger days I took quite a few trips to a not-too-far yoga center. I always found those retreats to be peaceful, relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable. It was a terrific break from the busy-ness of day-to-day life.

Mags, nice that your MIL can find things she enjoys!

Hi Bekind, FBL, SE, Suze, Dee, PJ and everyone

Old 01-23-2022, 05:14 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

A couple more inches of snow overnight. Light and fluffy and easy to move, which is nice.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 01-23-2022, 08:50 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

My mood is a bit down today but the weather is nice and I'm near a path that goes down to the river. I'm going to try for a longer walk today.

Also on the docket: visit my Dad, text a cousin, email a friend, unload the dishwasher, read over the house sitting instruction to be sure I'm doing everything, and run more laundry.

Yep, I'm doing something about stuff. Will it change the world? Nope but it is what I have on my plate so off I go.
Old 01-23-2022, 01:35 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

missed a day..password probs

psycholady did a Sunday consult with me that helped a little

Serenity seems only skin deep when trauma cuts to the bone
(not literally)

So doing the toolkit stuff...rest,eat, hydrate, make contact with a human

just ghosting tv...0800 here, 'The Bold and the Beautiful, at the very moment I flick to that channel...the scene is a beautiful looking lady, not male, woman of the female variety, pause in music, zoom to the face with a single ear, admits to another beautiful lady, she relapsed and drank....
which will'nt do, but jeez the universe has a weird sense of humour.
Spongebob is more my level.