One Year & Over Part 85

Old 01-17-2022, 02:03 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 9 years SE

D
Old 01-17-2022, 03:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I hope you're able to find some "you" time SE...and more help too....Happy Soberversary!
Old 01-18-2022, 12:08 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congratulations SE, and I have no doubt you will find a way to ensure you get a little more 'me' time.

I have plenty of 'me' time just now with hubby off on his jolly to Egypt ( oh how he'd laugh to hear it called a jolly!) I've started prepping our sun room for decorating. Damp had ballooned the existing paint in places so I needed to scrape as much of the loose off as possible it isn't too bad underneath, I have a fan heater going to ensure it dries before applying a damp coat. Then the filler and then finally the decorating. I am due to head to Egypt next Wednesday and hope to have it done by then.

Bekind, I hope you bit the bullet and ticked off those 'to do' s you will feel so much better for it!

warm hugs to those feeling the bite of winter, it's been fairly innocuous here apart from the one storm which only lasted one night.

Sun lotion and ice to those feeling the heat!
Old 01-18-2022, 12:20 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

SE congratulations on your 9 years, that’s truly a great milestone.

Oh gosh, the mention of breast milk takes me back to my mum telling the world and his wife that her kids all had breast milk. I was embarrassed as a kid hearing her but I guess it’s good when mum’s can feed their babies this way.

Sassy, it’s not ideal going now to the beach, be better when it gets warmer and the days are longer. Hope you and Sassykitty are well. Are you on with the Lion project, last I remember is you were doing the eyes and they were difficult (ish) .

toots, yes! It was a miracle if you found a whole intact shell. I think my favourite are the conical ’whelk’ type and the pink fluorescent small ones. I never heard the sea in them though, was that just an ‘old wives tale’

I dropped my iPad on my bedside cabinet (mirrored) this morning. I could kick myself. I bought two when I got sober and I’ve always been so careful with it. In fact if anyone was going to break it I thought it’d be Mr. Mags. oh me of little faith. I’m not going to hear the last of it. Caramel mentioned me to check my home insurance policy.
The most annoying thing is….I put a protective cover on Mr. Mag’s cabinet top. Did I on mine? Oh why did I think I didn’t need one. I’ve got a placemat thingy but it didn’t cover the whole top of the cabinet. I’ve learnt my lesson…now the horse has bolted.

Have a good day my friends, be safe xxxx
Old 01-18-2022, 01:44 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

SE, congratulations on 9 years I certainly can’t say I know how you feel because I haven’t walked in your shoes - I have one offspring who was hyperactive and very bright and could be quite a trial. Along with that I had little spousal help/support. That was very tough in my book. I suspect that you may be a perfectionist (as I used to be). I don’t have any magic solutions but can relate that I did get through it and I don’t regret how much time and energy I put into raising my daughter. I am so proud of how she has turned out. I can’t take the credit for that but hope that I have contributed a teeny bit to the lovely person she has become. Hang in there and try to get a bit of time for yourself on a regular basis, even if it’s just a few minutes! It will get better.

Mags, ouch on the fruity tablet! The lion project is slowly moving along. I hope to be finished sometime in February…. I messed it up and spent quite a bit of time fixing it. I don’t plan on doing another one this big or this complex though I don’t regret this one! Will try to post a pic when done.

Toots, I don’t think you take breaks very often! Wish I had your energy and ambition :-)

Bekind, the longer I don’t get to items on my to do list the less I want to do them. I end up hating to see that item on my to do list! It still happens but not quite as often these days. If I decide to do one of these items I shutdown my thinking brain long enough to get the item done

Hi Purps, Dee, SG and Suze and everyone else!

Old 01-18-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

SE, congrats on 9 years!!! Just keep on keepin' on. Things have a way of working out.

Got some distressing news from our book printer. There is a massive paper shortage and supply prices are skyrocketing. The boss is pretty freaked out. We're a very small company and the margins are tight. I'm hoping things will work out, but it could be a tough year for us. Will try to stay positive and do my best to give my boss a pep talk when needed.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 01-18-2022, 06:15 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

SE, congrats on nine years! You are such a great mother and it's wonderful you are doing it sober. I missed a lot of memories being drunk when my kids were younger. Oftentimes, I was more focused on bringing home the paycheck than being a parent and partner for my spouse. It will work out in the end. Your positive energy will bring more into your life.

FBL, the prices on everything are skyrocketing these past six months. Did your boss already commit to a set in stone price for the upcoming book? Lots of companies are in the process of renegotiating pricing because of the dramatic price shifts in their supply chains. Prices go up on about 60-70 of our items each week. I wish my paycheck would too!

Sorry about the Ipad Mags! That figures! Perhaps it's time for an upgrade?

Have a good day all!
Old 01-18-2022, 11:39 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all . . . I'm only half an hour into it.

SE, I'm joining you with dealing with little kids right now. Fun, tough, and boring all rolled into one. Just staying sober and showing up for children is huge although you may not feel that way and feelings have to be listened to and experienced.

FBL, ugh on the inflation and supply chain. We do live in interesting times . . . I have heard that that is a Chinese curse but don't know if this is true.

I came back to my sister's last night to help with her Grandkids. Lots of other adults around so it is only periodic that I am needed. We did play a couple of rounds of Dinosaur Getcha (AKA run around and pretend you are a dinosaur). Kids are headed for naps so I'm off to find a bank to deposit a check, do a bit more yoga and look for something for dinner.

Keep the faith all no matter what disaster looms.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:26 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

FBL, is there another book publishers you could ‘share’ stock and costs with to help keep the costs down. ? I hope it gets resolved for your boss and all concerned.

Bekind, hope you enjoyed your game ‘dinasoar getcha’ with the kids.

Hope Andy is ok.

I might have not explained myself very well yesterday (typical of me) My ipad was ok, it was my mirrored bedside table top that broke. In a way it may have been better if it was my iPad and not the bedside table that broke. Not as messy and as star suggested, I could’ve perhaps got an upgrade.

One of my cats just bolted in through the cat flap. I think it’s a bit cold out there for them. Now she’s acting weird. Weirder than normal.

Taking mum in law to visit her sister today. Otherwise a quiet day.

Have a good day my friends, be safe. Love to all Overs xxxx
Old 01-19-2022, 02:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Mags can you get a mirrored top cut to fit? There are places that do that.

FBL I hope you find an acceptable solution. Costs of all materials are sky rocketing just now.

Old 01-19-2022, 03:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Have a Happy Hump Day, Overs
Old 01-19-2022, 06:49 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

congrats SE

Feeling really crap

January always bad...the 8th, my birthday , I share with older, dead brother / He died 20y ago, multiple organ failure from drinking. We chose to have his life support machines turned off and watched him die.
So then in 2015 I died 3 times from massive burns trauma because of an accident caused from drinking.
I died in the same ICU, same bed and even same staff- that my bro died in.

Which sucks.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:26 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

PJ, I’m so sorry you lost your bro. It is hard to make the decision with the life support.
Please don’t beat yourself up, you’ve done the best you can by getting and staying sober.

Toots, yes I did wonder about removing and replacing the top. There’s a place in town that can do it I’m sure. Thanks! I took the measurements. Funnily enough I thought it was square but it isn’t quite square by about an inch
(2.54 cm).

Have a good day my friends , be safe. Love to all xxxx
Old 01-19-2022, 11:21 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Peej you have overcome much, this too will pass
Old 01-20-2022, 01:15 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

PJ, what others have said. Some anniversaries are so very painful

Have a good Thursday, Overs

Old 01-20-2022, 04:42 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

PJ I'm so glad you are still with us. You matter and you are loved!

It 2F here this morning. Old man winter is here for a while.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 01-20-2022, 07:29 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Today I will be wrangling 3 toddlers. I approach this with trepidation. Irk. My bar for success is low as I'm aiming for no adult meltdowns and no injuries of small children.

Also a change of abode today as I head back to house sitting tonight.

So I'm off to do a bit of exercise,

PJ, don't give up the journey out of the ashes.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:09 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

never give up
sleep helped...emotions pass
Old 01-20-2022, 07:25 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
never give up
sleep helped...emotions pass
This might be good written on a sticky and put somewhere I could read regularly!
Old 01-20-2022, 11:06 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

PJ, you have more mental strength than you think. Your sober muscles get you through other life problems too. Keep strengthening your ‘muscles’. The good you have brought here to us all at SR, the humour, the courage, the friendship. You’re precious dear PJ. You are appreciated and loved.

I got a text from gp yesterday with the result of my Dexa test (bone density) good news is I haven’t got osteoporosis but have osteopenia, which is mild bone thinning. They said book for another scan in three years.

Have a good day my friends, be safe and well. Lots of love xxxx