Notices

Class of January 2022 Part One :)

Old 01-18-2022, 07:20 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Lunetta

Sorry you drank BTG. Do you really not know why you drank?

D
there was no real reason to drink...a habit that got in my head that I could have one or two at work and made work more fun or time go by faster??... doesn't matter now, got my final notice last night. Keep it solid and straight or I'm done. Self sabotage? I truly think that's part of it.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:29 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Cravings here on day 5 ..still...I haven't gotten past the withdrawal stage in a good few months now. Usually drink day 3-5 when I start feeling a little better, then the cravings come crashing down.

I have been binge drinking for 20 years, a few days at a time, but gaps are getting smaller between binges, days drinking getting longer.
I have had terrible trouble the last few years getting myself off a binge once I start.
ITS nice being in a place where people also struggle with this lunacy and to see peoples efforts paying off 🙂

Just another reminder to myself, you HAVE got a drink problem. It IS destroying your life and don't forget that for a SECOND

Old 01-18-2022, 07:53 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi all-
Day 23 here. All is well, not drinking is great--I'm in a completely different headspace from where I was 23 days ago, and I'm thrilled. This is my new life and I'm loving it.
Thanks for all the support here, and for those starting out or starting again, just keep going, it's way worth more than anything alcohol can give you.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:13 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Big welcome to all the newcomers and the returnees, I'm hanging in there with no real desire to drink, but it's going so slowly - Day 18 - I get all the talk about boredom - I've got an extra 20 hours a week! What do we do with all this time we used to spend drinking?
Old 01-18-2022, 08:34 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Anything you want Em. The possibilities are endless. s
Old 01-18-2022, 08:59 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hey all! Happy New Year!

I'm coming back to get back at it. I'm on day 3 today myself. I was doing better about moderating my drinking towards the end of last year, but we all know that's never going to last.

Anyhow, I finally graduated in December, and since I have time before I start my job, I'm going to work on my health and the house. Nice to see some familiar names here.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:26 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Welcome back love!
Old 01-18-2022, 09:49 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

evening x
welcome to all 4 newcomers and bloody well done on all ur time x
coming to end of day 3 and i did 3 positive things today. went to my meeeting, got booster and took tablet.eventually got back later in afternoon, so was long day out for me. i have also been to shop and bought sparking water again. so a productive day for me as like u BTG im very good at sabotaging things for myself.
good to see everyones posts xx
will leave it there for now, need to ground myself and not get to hyper. sooo going to relaxe and play farm game x
Old 01-18-2022, 11:59 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
SIB

Originally Posted by Enemdio View Post
Big welcome to all the newcomers and the returnees, I'm hanging in there with no real desire to drink, but it's going so slowly - Day 18 - I get all the talk about boredom - I've got an extra 20 hours a week! What do we do with all this time we used to spend drinking?
Takes time but you'll settle into new things or get back into old things you did before the bottle took over, from my experience once you get out 60-90+ days you're basically back to living like a normal person and everything falls into place.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:08 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Erratic - I've been meaning to get booster for weeks - perhaps that'll take up 10 minutes of my spare 20 hours?

Thanks SIB - I'm thinking about entering an Ironman triathlon - I just read you need to train 20 hours a week, so it's just the ticket. I do like running and I swim with my wife and I'm actually cycling 9 miles to work tomorrow, so I may sign up.

Night all - hang in, TJ's (Team Januaries)
Old 01-18-2022, 12:48 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

For me it was what can I get away with, BTG, which is a slightly twisted self sabotage.
Sorry about your job but I’m glad you’re recommitting to recovery.

Welcome Daria - good to see you

Enemdio - I dunno if you experienced this in recovery but nowadays for me the days go so fast I struggle to fit everything in.

Stay with it - it gets better!

Congrats on day 5 roof and congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today no matter what it is

D
Old 01-18-2022, 12:55 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Day 4 and today........I don't feel sick! I've been up and about today, forgot how great being sober was.

Old 01-18-2022, 12:57 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Why Aye, Man Tynesider - Cracka!
Old 01-18-2022, 01:06 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Enemdio View Post
Why Aye, Man Tynesider - Cracka!
Old 01-18-2022, 01:58 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Just woke up from a nap and trying to talk myself into getting on the treadmill. I just need to stop thinking and do it! Lol. And I need to do it fast as the youngest needs to be picked up in an hour and a half. Then a bball game for the oldest.

I'll check in sometime later. Not drinking today! ❤
Old 01-18-2022, 02:45 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

And, bed.
Just to lie there, not to sleep! Sleep? What is that? Last few months swung between going to bed drunk to pass out or being in withdrawals and lying down for 5 hours and getting up at 4am.
I expect at some point one night I'll just get so exhausted I'll just fall asleep despite myself 😐
My belly feels a bit too jippy to sleep anyway.
Had another of my eleventy attempts at baking my own bread again today.
Getting better, for the first time it wasn't raw in the middle 🙂
But heavy! Maan, it was heavy!! I can feel it sitting in a solid lump at the bottom of my stomach.
Can hardly walk for the weight dragging me down (ok, slight exaggeration). But I reckon it's going to take at least 3 days to digest.
Might make it a target to actually speak to someone tomorrow. Haven't seen a soul for a week.
Might make my son a sandwich made with home baked bread and take it round 🤣
Or sink some ducks in the park and talk to some dog walkers
Old 01-18-2022, 02:52 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

And also, we have some pretty tremendous bakers here, like Citrus.
I can smell her cinnamon rolls from here when she bakes them....
So maybe you can enhance your bread-baking skills and take your son the best sandwich he has ever eaten.

Just saying.

Sleep will come...my advice (to everyone) is to try not to eat anything at all for two hours odd before bed.

s
Old 01-18-2022, 03:11 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html