Class of December 2021 Part 2

Old 12-17-2021, 10:08 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

❤️💚

How are you dear MPR? s xxxxx
Old 12-17-2021, 10:10 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
18 is an adult here, although he is a Junior so will be home for a year and a half before college. Thank goodness. He is the one that is the most like me, it will be really hard for me when he moves out.

RAL thank goodness no twins, haha. The older 2 boys are both in high school so their schedules are very similar and is why I often refer to them together. My daughter is 20, then the boys 18(almost), 15 and 13.

And yes I have many of those days! Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow! You definitely deserve it. ❤
Oh....this post just popped up for me

18 huh...even though you get your license at 16 and cannot drink till 21. Confusing.

❤️💚
Old 12-17-2021, 10:16 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

It is confusing and rather ridiculous if you ask me. Lol.

And I am with you on loving any dinner someone else cooks. Although I am thankful my husband doesn't often try to cook... he attempted an omelet some years ago for mothers day that I think may have been lethal if I ate it from the smell of it. Haha.
I think in between games tonight we are going to my favorite Mexican resturant. Excited for that, they probably think we have fallen off the face of the earth as we are normally regulars and haven't been there in weeks.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Saturday morning, day 24 begins.

Yesterday was rough, my brother and mother left in the afternoon, he forgot to take his beer with him, almost 2 dozen cold shiny beers looking out at me every time I opened the fridge lol. Had my lady here for a few hours and it got especially bad when I arrived back home alone after dropping her off, was even thinking about picking up a nice bottle of Bourbon to go with a few cold ones on the way home.

But I didn't ;-)

Just can't handle the thought of going back to day one or worse still not getting back to day one. Negative reinforcement seems to work for me, pretty sure I fully realise what the worst that could happen is. I'll go out and find a neighbor to donate them to for a little christmas cheer haha

Going to take myself out for a day of retail therapy

Strength and love to you all!!

Dan
Old 12-17-2021, 01:28 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 24 Dan! Way to go!
I would totally dump those beers right down the drain. Poison sitting in my fridge is a no no for me.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:49 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
RAL

Age restrictions are strange here too. You can marry at 16 but cant get driving licence till 17 and buy alcohol at 18. Crazy
Old 12-17-2021, 01:54 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Wow. Never thought that the legal age to get married would still be that young.
Old 12-17-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Danglez View Post
Saturday morning, day 24 begins.

Yesterday was rough, my brother and mother left in the afternoon, he forgot to take his beer with him, almost 2 dozen cold shiny beers looking out at me every time I opened the fridge lol. Had my lady here for a few hours and it got especially bad when I arrived back home alone after dropping her off, was even thinking about picking up a nice bottle of Bourbon to go with a few cold ones on the way home.

But I didn't ;-)

Just can't handle the thought of going back to day one or worse still not getting back to day one. Negative reinforcement seems to work for me, pretty sure I fully realise what the worst that could happen is. I'll go out and find a neighbor to donate them to for a little christmas cheer haha

Going to take myself out for a day of retail therapy

Strength and love to you all!!

Dan
Hope you donated the beer Dan....you are doing so well..... s ❤️💚
Old 12-17-2021, 02:14 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
RAL

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Wow. Never thought that the legal age to get married would still be that young.
crazy hey. In England you need parental consent but in scotkand you dont which is why gretna green famous for weddings as 16 year olds from enfkand drive to Scotland to get married and gretna is first place across the border. Doesnt happen as much nowadays but it used to
Old 12-17-2021, 02:24 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Gosh, why are the Scots in such a hurry to marry off their young? Sounds like that law would have changed in this day and age, but nope.

(I wonder, as the very chatty daughter of his very chatty Scottish wife, if my dad had had that option with me, would he have bounded with joy? )

....I looked up Gretna Green: fascinating!!
Old 12-17-2021, 02:39 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
RAL

😂I think the government discussed changing the law to 18 earlier this year
Old 12-17-2021, 03:45 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Get rid of that poison Danglez! There is no point tempting fate.
Old 12-17-2021, 03:48 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yep get rid - nothing good comes of 24 bottles of poison.

D
Old 12-17-2021, 04:01 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 12-17-2021, 04:22 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Wow, where has the day gone? Finishing Day 27. Lots of house cleaning today and a couple doctor appointments. One for my wife and one for me. I’ve had some foot problems and it looks like surgery time. It’s an out patient surgery but a fairly lengthy recovery. Winter is a good time to do it for me. Congrats to all the milestones today. I’ll catch up more in the morning as it’s time to make dinner. Pan fried halibut tonight with brussel sprouts and rice pilaf.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:11 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi All,

this is so fascinating to read about the legal
age to marry in Scotland the things you learn when I’m not too busy drinking my life away.

Dangelz I agree with the rest to get rid of it, so sounds like you’ve got a great plan to give it to a neighbor. Sounds like the negative reinforcement is a good strategy for you. I say whatever works keep it up. In my first few days before my slip I substituted with sugar not great for the waistline and it took to about month 7 for me to kick that also very addictive behavior.

I’m loving This Naked Mind by Annie Grace’s book and podcast because it really goes into your brain on alcohol and today’s podcast episode talked about that and then the corporate/political machine behind pushing alcohol. For instance the lobbyist and corporations with deep pockets that don’t put carcinogens warnings on alcohol labels but anything else that is a known carcinogen they do put as a warning label. She also talked about how Facebook will allow alcohol ads, but gives her a hard time/doesn’t allow for advertising a solution when alcohol becomes an issue for people.

Just sad. Sure money is important but not at the expense of health and mental well being.

Anyways rant over! I’m really getting into the Christmas spirit over here!
Old 12-17-2021, 08:21 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Just got home from bball and late dinner. Both boys won their games. Yay. They brought a friend to dinner, that was fun. If I had been drinking I would wonder if I'd embarrassed the boys in front of him. So glad that won't be on my mind tomorrow.

I am so very ready for bed! During the girls game I nodded off a bit on hubby's shoulder. Lol.

Goodnight class!
Old 12-17-2021, 10:02 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 0 - after 2 months clean

Finished what's left of the 3rd bottle after 3 days of what started as 'just one drink' aka moderately drinking.

BS - unfortunately I listen to my own BS too many times..my heart is racing, trying to catch up with the spike of alcohol in my system.

I take naltrexone daily which I thought would efficiently block my opoid receptors and relieve me from achieving a buzz and reduce cravings. I tested the waters and failed.

No booze tomorrow. I'll fill empty time with anything other than 'those thoughts.'

Anxiety was a major trigger. I had turned into a tightly wound instrument that was ready to snap. I 'snapped' too many times with my son in the car to-and-from school- which still kills me. Other than anxiety and anger, all I could feel is a deep sense of pity from others. From this point, I just lose it.

I completed 12 steps, I took medication. I did it all and did great aside from my uncontrollable anger and anxiety. I felt completely displaced, detached, apathetic or like a chicken with its head cut-off.

Back at square one, starting off with honesty, openness, and willingness.
Old 12-17-2021, 10:19 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

End of day 34. Good night from Seattle
Old 12-18-2021, 12:14 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

It’s a rough road to start on KTB…but it does get better…or none of us would be here on SR

D