Notices

Class of December 2021 Part 2

Old 12-16-2021, 07:33 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

That sounds miserable WL. I hope everything continues to get better now. Enjoy your bath.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I just got a text from my boys school saying that there will be extra police deputies at school tomorrow because there was a tiktok encouraging national shootings and bombings at schools across the US tomorrow.

Dang it. I would keep them home, but they have bball games tomorrow and will fight me.
Hubby is passed out in his recliner, so I get to worry alone.
How sad some things are nowadays.
Praying it will be nothing.

Gonna read for a bit and go to sleep. ❤
Old 12-16-2021, 08:39 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I got a mail from my kids school regarding that TikTok message and a bit worried. But my kids will go to school tomorrow. Agree, it is worrisome.

Slowly winding down Day 33. Very hectic day and super toxic environment at work. I am scheduled for onsite interviews of two big Fortune 500 companies in early Jan (cleared their first two rounds!). Will use the vacation from Saturday to prep up, in the hope I will get out of this place.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morning x long work day for me
danglez well done on 23 days x your sounding good also very positive x
scott great job on day 26, your right in about not going its not all just about alcohol its also about covid cases rising, im same as u i have been vaccinated. x
FF good job on day 8 hun xx
wasting good luck on ur day 1 x
citrus hope everything was alright and it was just a precaution x your doing great on 16 days also xx

I have long day at work today and hoping i dont get to much of a craving near end of work. im sure i will be ok as i will be taking my tablet and i will carry on being sober. day 17 x

will try catch up with u all this evening if i can x have good day x

wonderful job calm on day 33 xx
Old 12-16-2021, 09:02 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just got a text from my boys school saying that there will be extra police deputies at school tomorrow because there was a tiktok encouraging national shootings and bombings at schools across the US tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2021, 11:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey Decembers, I read the last few pages and it looks like you guys are doing great.
Old 12-16-2021, 11:23 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
RAL

Citrus & Calmself - how awful There are some dreadful things online nowadays. It's good the police take these things seriously and are stepping up their presence.

Hope you have a good day at work Erratic. You can get through. Keep SR in your pocket. Congrats to us day seventeeners!! Don't leave us

And everyone else on their days too of course.

Day 17. Slept really well and feel calm and have peace of mind. That's the big thing for me. Peace of mind. I had it before and want it back again. I have a long list of stuff to do today (love lists )

Will check in later x
Old 12-17-2021, 02:22 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Day 17.

- Citrus and Calm, that is so terrible. I don’t have kids myself so I can only imagine your worry. It shouldn’t have to be like that.

- RAL, Erratic, & Citrus, day 17! It feels like we are a little band of 4, I enjoy walking this path next to you.

- Outonthetiles, thanks for peaking in, it’s a good class!

- WL, that sounds so hard. Be kind to yourself, and eat well and pamper yourself until you are on less shaky ground. Remembering how it felt at its worst is a great motivator for me, I never want to go back to where I was.

- FF, hang in there. As bad as things feel, alcohol will make them worse. We are all rooting for you.

- Scott, congrats on 26 days! That’s almost a month, can’t wait until I get there myself! I too think quite a bit about drinking and how done I am with it. It’s a really positive thought actually.

- Dan, sounds amazing with last day at work for the year, and congrats on 23 days completed! It’s a good opportunity to get back into good eating and exercising habits. Good luck with it, keep us posted!

- S54, good job on 2nd day, I typically found myself drinking on day 2 or 3 again even after a particularly bad hangover, so stay vigilant these first days.

- Bodhi02, good plan to be the driver for in-laws and others for the Christmas party!

And thank you everyone else for being there, I so sincerely appreciate you all, just knowing that you are there has made this so much easier. Much love to you all!

it’s Friday, which usually would mean that I’d have a drink with lunch (or even breakfast) because it was “almost the weekend anyway”, but I’m not even tempted. Honestly, I can’t even believe I thought that was a reasonable thing to do. That has to be some form of insanity.

Anyway, keep up the great work everyone, and stay sober and vigilant!
Old 12-17-2021, 04:14 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hello

Congratulations on every one making it another day in their journey. It's friday morning here, kids are getting ready for school and Christmas break starts after school today. I'm mentally preparing for the holidays, since any vacation time is time to drink right (oh boy, but I think I'm good). Made plans for the holidays with my counselor and have been attending meetings (in person and online). Not much planned for the holidays, I'm going to stay isolated at home this year, since I'm not ready to be social with folks while they are drinking.

Just did some reading into AVRT last night since I had no idea what everyone was talking about when mentioning their AV. Seems like a very straight forward and practical method. I've called mine the beast or monster already before being exposed to AVRT, but this takes it a step further. Just need to tell it to go F*%K off, and actually talk to it.

Hope everyone has a good morning/afternoon/evening etc.
Old 12-17-2021, 04:15 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

day 40 here and feeling better every day.

sleep is still consistent. I even woke up at 4 this morning and was able to go back to sleep for a little bit. I have to stay busy and fill in my time, there is no other way right now.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:22 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I am in shock over the TikTok thing.
Praying for sanity today ❤️

And.....

Old 12-17-2021, 07:39 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks QWA its great to be a band of 4 also x

I had a moment at work where i thought will or wont i take my antiabuse tablet as i was thinking eww. however i messaged dauhter while she was at work and told her to give me a nudge and she sent a sound message back lol telling me to fkn take the tablet lol so i took the tablet and she checked up again on me when was near finished work lol. so i thank her for that x

RAL i guess i need to get soberreovery app on the phone then can check in here when at work, but im only PT, however i may just download it again, havent had it for many years.

Athens wonderful job on day 40 hun xx
,MPT glad u looked into AVRT, i only know about the AV, never looked into the AVRT part. I have decided to call my AV what a bitch lol

anyway least i checked in after my work and come out with what a bitch was like today xx lol
will check in later x
Old 12-17-2021, 08:05 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
RAL

glad you got through work ok Erratic. I hope you have a good evening
Old 12-17-2021, 08:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi RAL and Erratic s xx ❤️💚
Old 12-17-2021, 08:34 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm glad you took your tablet Erratic. ❤ Well done, on to day 18 soon for you!

I woke up at 3:30 and read till nearly 6. I have a feeling I won't be settled until the boys are home from school. I know the likelyhood of something happening is slim, especially in our small community. But that doesn't take the worry away.

Super yucky over cast day here. Perfect for knitting and reading though! Just going to chill today. Looking forward to bball tonight. We have a game tomorrow to travel to. Then we have oldest sons bday Tuedsay. I cannot beleive I will have 2 adult children!
Daughter stopped by on her way home from work yesterday. Although we talk every day she hadn't been by since covid/Thanksgiving. The older two boys where even excited to see her and where dragging her to their rooms to look at their art/xmas presents for friends and things. Made my heart smile. They fight like cats and dogs but still love eachother so much. ❤

Anwyay... lol. Love to you all. This class is doing so amazing!
Old 12-17-2021, 08:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

What is considered adult here? Is it 21 or 18?

I will be happy when the school day is over today as well.

s ❤️💚
Old 12-17-2021, 09:43 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
RAL

HI Suze and Citrus. Happy Sober Friday night

Citrus -do you have twins? How wonderful I hope you can relax when your children get home from school. what an awful world it can be.

Do you ever have one of those days when you've not stopped yet feel you've not done half the things you wanted to do? Yet when you actually look back you've done a lot. One of those So tired too. Will have a lie in tomorrow. Been getting up at 5.30/6 each day. No need tomorrow.

Old 12-17-2021, 09:57 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

18 is an adult here, although he is a Junior so will be home for a year and a half before college. Thank goodness. He is the one that is the most like me, it will be really hard for me when he moves out.

RAL thank goodness no twins, haha. The older 2 boys are both in high school so their schedules are very similar and is why I often refer to them together. My daughter is 20, then the boys 18(almost), 15 and 13.

And yes I have many of those days! Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow! You definitely deserve it. ❤
Old 12-17-2021, 09:58 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Yes. Often.

So what is on for the evening dear RAL? Magic dinner that someone else cooks....that is my favourite kind of dinner. Sigh.
And maybe the new series of Baptiste? s ❤️💚
Old 12-17-2021, 10:06 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
RAL

Ah I see Citrus - your daughter is already an adult

Suze- watching Munich the Spielberg film - it's excellent and now on netflix. But yes Baptiste is on my list too