Notices

Class of December 2021 Part 2

Old 12-15-2021, 06:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Happy December 15th! Our winter weather merry-go-round continues. Today we are looking at 55F, rain, possible thunder storms and perhaps a tornado. Not exactly normal for Western Wisconsin. Thankfully most of the snow is gone from the driveway so the ice shouldn’t be too bad when the cold comes back tomorrow.

Welcome back WL. I’m glad you joined us.

FF - Congrats on Day 5.

Citrus - I love traveling but its always nice to be back home and sleeping in my own bed.

Calm - congrats on Day 32.

RAL, QWA, and Erratic congrats on Day 15.

RAL, I have a bit of a dilemma also with a pub. I was invited to meet some old college friends some I haven’t seen in 40 years and of course its at a bar. I’m not worried about drinking but it still feels a bit uncomfortable. Not sure if I’m going yet or not.

Originally Posted by QuitWhileAhead View Post
I would have had a few drinks even before dinner so that it looked like I was drinking the same amount as everyone else, and then I would top it off with a few more drinks by myself when I got home. I’m so grateful I’m not in that obsessive loop anymore!
QWA - I could have written that exact statement. God that was exhausting.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello

Day 11 for me, things still in that pink cloud place. No desire to drink right now. QWA that was my life also, pre-drink, drink, post-drink, pass out.

Congratulations to everyone as we move closer to holiday season. I think I've passed my biggest holiday test when I had my family over last weekend and didn't drink, although my wife is working boxing day and new years so I'll be home alone (not even considering going anywhere this year to make sure I reduce that temptation). But it can be tempting even sitting at home and knowing what friends are up to.

Anyway, have a great day and keep up the good work.
Old 12-15-2021, 07:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning. I am super slow moving today. I made coffee after the boys left for school and went back to bed to read. I had been making good progress on laundry, and boy do we have a lot with 3 teenage boys... but the rack that I hang all of the shirts on collapsed this morning. I stacked all of the shirts on a chair.... probably over 100 of them and decided well to h*ll with laundry today! Lol. Hubby will have to help me with it all later.

Scott I am with you on sleeping in my own bed. Oldest was on a travel bball team this summer and I spent more weekends in a hotel than at home. I was sober the whole 9 weeks and on the way home from the last weekend I bought beer. How dumb. I have to be vigilant when the pressure is off. Kind of like the next 2 days, I am a little frightened of AV today and tomorrow. But ODAAT.

Off to read a bit more. I'll stick close today. Hope you all are having a wonderful day! ❤
Old 12-15-2021, 09:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

goodnigt x
Old 12-15-2021, 09:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good night and sweet dreams dear Erratic. ❤
Old 12-15-2021, 11:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 22

Woke up with an infection/Sty in my right eye, looks like a jealous husband clocked me one lol

Managed to find a place yesterday to fix my damaged wheel, much cheaper than replacing the whole set lol

Got my mums medical appointments done, my younger brother arrives today and will take her home tomorrow, even went out and bought her more wine last night, was weird being in the liquor store but I survived

Off to the hospital this morning, Was diagnosed with Crohns 3 years ago and have to get an Infliximab infusion every 8 weeks to keep that under control. Straight to my work Christmas function as soon as I'm done. Traditionally a huge drinking day - I work for an Irish software company and people are flying in from all over Australia and Asia to celebrate another successful year. Had our call with the CEO yesterday and we did very well so can imagine the bar tab is going to be a big one! Told everyone I have family in town so will be leaving early before things get too sketchy Lol.

Going to have a quiet weekend with my lady after I get rid of the extra family. My sons will arrive Sunday evening and stay during the week. Last day of work for a month tomorrow.

Welcome new members and keep it up everyone xxx

Dan
Old 12-15-2021, 12:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RAL

Thanks Scott, yes I am with you on the bar scenario. I have decided not to think about it. I am not going tomorrow or this weekend. Even if I have to feign illness so be it.

MPR-great result on getting through a family weekend. They ca be so difficult with history and memories.

Erratic - I hope you sleep well.

Citrus -enjoy your days off Think how great you will feel and how you can really enjoy the time to yourself when you are not drinking and are clear headed and focussed.

Dan-hope your eye heals soon. Stay strong at the works function and I hope you have an escape route. We are here if you need us. Just think how great you will feel in the morning when you wake sober.

I had another AV moment earlier. There was half a bottle of white wine in the fridge. A present for Mr RAL from someone-he drank half of it on Sunday and the rest has been in the fridge since then. It's my drink of choice. Sure that's partly what set me off last night and again the AV jumped out of its box. So I said ok Mr RAL please either drink it now or move it elsewhere. So he did. All sorted now. How crazy to think white wine in the fridge would not scream at me 'DRINK ME'. Best gone. And breathe.

Watching Impeachment about Lewinsky which is excellent. Then sleep. Good night all x
Old 12-15-2021, 12:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good job on the wine RAL. Congrats MPR on 11 days and Dan on 22. Sounds like a good plan Dan.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 3. I will not drink today. Keep going, everybody.

- stay strong,
Adam
Old 12-15-2021, 02:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Anxiety attacks and the thought of another Christmas alone. I just needed an escape from my thoughts which never turn off.
The further you get from you last drink the calmer you'll become. I have found a practice of mindful meditation and mindful breathing has helped calm my racing thoughts, especially when I'm trying to sleep. Hang in there. It gets better.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
I stacked all of the shirts on a chair.... probably over 100 of them and decided well to h*ll with laundry today! Lol. Hubby will have to help me with it all later.
That's a lot of shirts! Can you outsource your laundry to get caught up?
Old 12-15-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by adamdefender87 View Post
Day 3. I will not drink today.
Good plan! Every day without a drink makes a healthier, happier you!
Old 12-15-2021, 03:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Patcha View Post
That's a lot of shirts! Can you outsource your laundry to get caught up?
They are all clean.... just not on the original rack. They hit a clean floor. Just annoyed that the rod snapped off.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

AV has struck, my goodness. I will get through it. My plan is to get dinner in the oven as soon as hubby gets home with an ingredient and then climb into a hot bath with a book.
I have just been in kind of a weird headspace all day. I hope to leave it all behind when I go to sleep and start anew tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Remember our milk trick love.... s
Old 12-15-2021, 04:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Forgot to mention that. I had a glass about 20 minutes ago. Just waiting for it to kick in.
Hopefully my stomach will be ok... I haven't had milk in a good 6 months. But this called for desperate measures.
Old 12-15-2021, 04:40 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just made some calming tea too. The tag reads: Give thanks for unknown blessings that are already on the way. I really like the hopefulness of that. ❤
Old 12-15-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Congrats on all the milestones!

Welcome WL!

QWA, I agree with Scott I could’ve written that myself as well. I have Christmas party coming up and it’s so nice to be able to offer to drive especially since my in laws are getting a bit older and it’s harder for them to drive in the dark.

MPR- Maybe work on a home improvement project or do some cleaning around the house to keep you busy on those days when you’re alone? An idle mind is the devils works (or whatever the saying is)

Danglez- I hope your eye feels better! Good exit strategy for the upcoming work party!

RAL- Good call on asking to move the wine. I have done the same with Mr. Bodhi and it’s quite effective usually I just dump it out but he know wine was my drink of choice so he rarely brings that home these days.

Citrus- love that quote it’s really gave me the warmest feelings and I really needed to hear that. I think I’m going to make that quote my background. That’s a ton of laundry I agree it can wait until later!

The brain fog from the relapse and sinus infection is lifting and my mood and symptoms have significantly improved. I had a really good therapy session that was heavy but very informative. I took my dog on a nice long walk and bumped into a neighbor I haven’t seen in a while. We walked our dogs around the block together and had a lovely conversation. It was so nice to have an unexpected moment like that and to clear my head after the emotional therapy session.

Going to have a nice cup of tea and enjoy the rest of the evening before bed. Hope everyone has a great day/evening.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hang in there Citrus. You’ve got this.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:35 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn x
got work this morning so glad to have a early night
good job on eveyone sober time x
start of day 16 and half way through loving urself sober, not a bad book and shares a number of positive tools to use which havent thought of.so will do what is suggested once i have read it and will go back through it again.
hope everyone got a good night sleep x hope u managed citrus x

will catch u all later x have a good start to your day x