Notices

180 Day Challenge Part 3

Old 01-21-2022, 07:43 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

The weekend is here - hope all are well and have a plan. I have been so busy lately, zero drinking thoughts.

Pline, I hope your Saturday is busy and you make it through without any urges. Just kick the AV to the curb my friend. You can do this!

I hope everyone else is doing well too. BABM how are you?

Wishing all a great, sober weekend!
Old 01-22-2022, 07:10 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good Morning, 180 day Challengers!
Have a great weekend. We have a lot to be grateful and thankful for! Keep on keeping on with resolve and strength.
We got this, peeps!
Old 01-22-2022, 07:28 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Saturday morning here, hope all are well and have a relaxing weekend ahead (or in progress).

Zura, how are you doing? Dusty, how are you holding up? BABM? I'm thinking about all of you.

Old 01-22-2022, 07:40 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Skied every day this week with Pilates and stretching afterward, today going snowshoeing for different muscle group work.

Heading to Telluride tomorrow with another couple, Will try to keep checking in on this thread.

Keeping the sober trail,

Free
Old 01-22-2022, 07:49 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi folks-
Don't laugh at me, but am I correct that this thread is for peeps who want to commit to at least a 180 day stretch of alcohol free living regardless of start date?
Old 01-22-2022, 08:20 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Correctamundo🤓

Geeze, it would be a miracle if we got it right the first time around, and totally mean if we excluded those struggling.

Support and encouragement is the name of the game.

When I slipped in August, my tail was deeply tucked in between my legs, I almost didn’t come back to SR. But somehow I did, and my welcome everywhere gave me hope.

Welcome to this thread!
Old 01-22-2022, 11:52 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

Sunday morning here.

Advbike - i'm doing good thanks. Starting out day 7. Still needing coffee as morning go go juice but I'm sure it won't be too long and I'll have natural energy back.

Free - sounds like your really taking good care of yourself. Have a wonderful time away with hubby and friends.

Mizz - lovely to hear from you. We sure do have alot to be grateful for, tis a wonderful life.

Samwitch - so great to have you on board 😊

BABM - thinking of you.

Pline - thinking of you too. Hope the weekend is treating you well.

Hello to anyone I've missed.

Been keeping very busy, working very hard physically. Probably should have a rest day but the lawn needs mowing and area's need leaf blowing. I'm thoroughly enjoying working outside this summer as it's so unusually mild here. Lucky I do because I've had a months extra work from the storms.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:58 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hi folks-
Don't laugh at me, but am I correct that this thread is for peeps who want to commit to at least a 180 day stretch of alcohol free living regardless of start date?
Yes! Welcome, Samwitch!. That was the intent of this thread, because when I made it to 6 months previously, I was able to get more than 3 years. A lot of beneficial healing and changes also occur in the first 6 months in my own experience. Some of us here have already made it past 180, some (like me) are still putting one foot in front of the other. I hope you will join us and post regularly - we have an awesome little group.

Free, fantastic job on all the skiing! I am envious of your Telluride trip, haha. Lovely place - went through on the motorcycle a year ago in the fall and the aspen were amazing.

Zura, thanks for the update, congrats on one week and getting so much done! I have been lazy this morning.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:01 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Samwitch

D
Old 01-22-2022, 02:01 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Ow wow, what a literal week from hell have I had. I did what I said I wouldn’t and got another prescription of pain meds for my back. One night the pain was so sharp and so long that I called my doc and he gave me two options, ER or a prescription for oxycodone. So I took the pills. I took them mostly as prescribed but twice I doubled th dose because of the pain. Well, I noticed I was really starting to like these pills so in a moment of well-intentioned stupidity I poured the rest into the garbage disposal. Well, that was dumb because that means I was quitting cold turkey. I should have just continued to take as prescribed or cut them in half and weaned off of them very slowly. Instead I went cold turkey. So for three days I could not get out of bed. Not speaking metaphorically. I could not get out of bed except to feed the animals or use the restroom. It didn’t even really dawn on me that I was withdrawing because I only took them like 4 days. I thought I was just anxious and depressed because my new job hasn’t come through yet and my lady friend and I quit talking at her request so I was just really depressed. But it turns out that at the same time I was cold turkey kicking opiates. OMG, do not recommend. It got so bad that in my mind I was crafting my goodbye letter and getting damn near planning the end. I finally called my psychiatrist and he put me in touch with a couple of crisis centers. But they want to keep me for ten days. That’s when my psych called back and asked about what meds I was taking for my neck and putting the puzzle pieces all together. And he realized I was in withdrawal. And I’ll tell you this, at one point I was so so bad that I would have drank had I not been on my Antabuse. Anyway, the doc quickly put together a plan to get some safer opiates back into my system to help me kick and the help with the pain. So I’m on 2mg of suboxone and within 30 minutes of taking it I felt human again. Thank god. So we’re gonna do a two or so week slow titration to wean me off safely. OMG was that horrible. I wasn’t eating, didn’t go to work, wasn’t bathing, didn’t take my kids for our scheduled days. I mean it was pure misery.

So that gal is still seemingly done with me, the job background check still has’nt come through and some other bad luck has befallen me but I am amongst the living again. Thank God. Also, so grateful for my great Psych doc that figured it out and I didn’t even have to drink. Scary stuff people. I was crawling in my skin. Days went by and I didn’t know or care. Couldn’t stay out of the bed for more than about 2-4 minutes. Just crazy. So glad that I never became addicted to opiates. I love them, but I know enough to know the come down is horrendous. And now I’ve survived it, twice. I talked to my sponsor and he was ok with me it resetting my sobriety clock as I didn’t intentionally misuse the pills and I was just ignorant at how to use and quit them. I was in jail once and there were 4 of us in a tiny cell together. There was a huge drunk guy, a mild mannered guy with both hands bandaged up (whose charges were 2nd degree murder), myself (drunk) and some guy lying on the floor shaking and talking and pissing himself and crying out and just going through hell on earth and I was told he was kicking heroin. And now I kind of know what that guy felt like. I hope he got sober because I can not imagine people could survive many of those.
Old 01-22-2022, 04:16 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear, BABM, it sounds absolutely horrendous and I'm really glad you had the clarity to call your psych doc.. and that you made it out the other side of that experience. Yikes! I would be thankful to be alive also.. eff the other stuff.

Hang in there brother, things can only get better!
Old 01-22-2022, 05:12 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow I'm glad you got through that BABM.

D
Old 01-22-2022, 05:43 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

So glad you made it out the other side BABM. Quite the ordeal.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:04 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

What’s crazy is if I had not of panicked and just kept taking them as prescripedninorobablybwouod have been ok. But I was so scared at how much I liked the feeling that I freaked out and cut it off cold turkey. I know better, I was just … I dunno. Scared I guess.
Old 01-22-2022, 07:32 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

We've all made mistakes.
I'm glad you reached out to your doctor and are tapering slowly BABM.

D
Old 01-22-2022, 07:34 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-4-a.html (180 Day Challenge Part 4)

D