Notices

Class of May 2021 Support Thread part 6

Old 10-06-2021, 02:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
How much did we spend on wine though love? Without ever thinking twice.
You are worth the cost of this....you and your doc both think it is helpful. s xx

This is so true!

Willow, you must have had a wonderful mum to miss her so, and think of her so often. I’m sorry you’re so sad. 💕

Old 10-06-2021, 02:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have something that might be of interest to you phoebes.....I started growing my own alfalfa. In sprouting jars....and it is FABULOUS. Very quick and easy and you can grow so many sprouts and microgreens and as I know you know, they are very nutritious. The stuff of healing some say.

That is my new batch today....
Old 10-06-2021, 02:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How much did we spend on wine though love? Without ever thinking twice.
You are worth the cost of this....you and your doc both think it is helpful. s xx
Yes! Thank you I hadn’t thought of it that way 🤔 what I’m saving by not drinking, would easily cover the cost. And then some! The SAM-e works out around $2 a day. I definitely spent more than that on grog! I ordered another 3 months supply ($180).
❤️
Old 10-06-2021, 02:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I guess I could have made that pic smaller, but I am proud. And super-excited....I had no idea I could grow my own sprouts.

(You can hardly get these here Willow, and def no mung beans).
Old 10-06-2021, 02:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Yes! Thank you I hadn’t thought of it that way 🤔 what I’m saving by not drinking, would easily cover the cost. And then some! The SAM-e works out around $2 a day. I definitely spent more than that on grog! I ordered another 3 months supply ($180).
❤️
OH AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx ❤️
Old 10-06-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I guess I could have made that pic smaller, but I am proud. And super-excited....I had no idea I could grow my own sprouts.

(You can hardly get these here Willow, and def no mung beans).
That's very cool, Suze! You have trouble finding them? I used to sometimes get them but it’s been years. I’ve cut back on raw veg due to my gut troubles. I also try to avoid bread, so not many sandwiches. But, I do sometimes use lower carb bread or wraps. I might try that someday.

Mu bugger of a dog just stole the biggest leftover chicken thigh I left cooling on the counter!!! I caught him, and got it away before he got a bite, but the bones would be bad to eat. They splinter. He’s so fresh!! He’s not even looking ashamed. Looked to beg to have it back. Thought I’d give you guys a chuckle.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
This is so true!

Willow, you must have had a wonderful mum to miss her so, and think of her so often. I’m sorry you’re so sad. 💕
Yes Phoebe, she was the absolute best Mum ever ❤️
Old 10-06-2021, 05:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yum Suze! I want to eat them now! I haven’t had sprouts in ages, I haven’t seen them in the supermarket either. I’ll have to look more carefully 🤔

Phoebe what a naughty dog, they’re so funny, not even apologising
Old 10-06-2021, 05:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I seem to recall there being an issue with supermarket sprouts, actually. There might have been a listeria or other foodborne pathogen to do with the packing and storage. Maybe they lost popularity then. In college, I always got a big handful in my chicken salad pocket sandwich.

Edit: here it is:

https://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/readi...16/advice.html

Last edited by phoebe64; 10-06-2021 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Found source
Old 10-06-2021, 05:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Exactly....so I bought my own organic seeds and voila Easy peasey. Just bought two more sprouting jars and mung bean seeds.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I can’t like it thank from my phone, but I like it!
Old 10-06-2021, 05:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I will show you the whole setup love....not tonight....I think you would enjoy doing this too.....very clean, no mess, 5 days from seeds to sprouts and it is empowering for me....I am all about fresh food. One day I will have my own chickens (for eggs like Willow) and grow all of my own vegies.

But this, this is easy and fun. A good place to start.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Had to go pick up the boy, but this was the naughty dog a minute after the chicken incident. 😂😂
Old 10-06-2021, 07:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

So glad to hear the prognosis is good and hopeful phoebes. That’s so encouraging

yes I was in New York, you have such a good memory. My foster mother/friend thinks I should move back to Tucson, a place I love but where I have a lot of childhood trauma, sadness, and pain. So…. This early in recovery I do NOT think that’s a good idea. I don’t think I could quite handle it

i LOVE that you’re growing sprouts Suze!!

Y’all I’m exhausted. I’m actually going to curl up with some microwave Mac and cheese right now. That’s my mood.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Plenny macaroni cheese is a great comfort food ❤️

Phoebe he looks so disdainful
Old 10-07-2021, 11:06 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh, our fur babies! Phoebe, he doesn't look a bit remorseful 🤣. Dogs are funny in that they show their emotions better then cats. I would love to have a dog again but my husband insists that dogs should be kept outside and we can't do that here. I always had a dog growing up and my kids talked me into a German Shepard. I so did not want a big dog like my Billy, but he was, by far, the smartest animal we ever had. He was my 3rd son, and it broke my heart when he had to put him to sleep after 16 yrs. He lived in his pen in the day and inside at night or when it got to hot. He was part of the family.

Phoebe, I am glad you are putting together a good team. Your cancer sounds just like my cousin's cancer. It was a long year for her but she is cancer free now and feeling terrific. I know the road will be hard but strong people can do tough things and you got this!

Willow, you made me cry for my mother this afternoon. Hugs to you . My mother passed when I was young and I still miss her. It is funny that before the whole wedding blow up I would sleep and be like half awake, mostly asleep and I would think that my mother was in the next room and wake up looking for her and then remember she wasn't around. It was a bit strange, but a nice strange. I know she looks after us and probably knew what was going on with monster bride and son. It does give me comfort to know she is with us. BTW, I have not heard from son in almost 2 months. I did text him last week and got a message that he was busy and would call me later in the day and nothing. I am not going to reach out in a moment of weakness any longer.

Willow, the SAM-e is great and I will check with doc tomorrow about maybe starting that again myself. I have taken it at various times and it really helped calm me. I have another appointment tomorrow to go over my tests.

I am moving guys! I am almost following directions and staying as busy as possible. I walked 1.5 miles this morning. I try to increase it a bit each day but it wore me out today, I had to get a nap in. Monster cat had me up at 4am and I couldn't sleep without my husband in the bed so I guess that is permissible. If it isn't, it is done and there is no crying over spilt milk. I am so glad my husband and daughter are doing so well, but it floors me that this disease is still kicking me in the fanny. I am lucky though, and I will not forget that. My husband's cousins that got it at the same time as us wound up both in the ICU and just came home last week. I am not going to complain.

Great job on the sprouts Venus! We are starting another growing season here so I will run out this weekend and get some more tomato plants. I should have fresh tomatoes for Christmas 🤣. It is so strange gardening here!
Old 10-07-2021, 01:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are looking up OTAAT
D
Old 10-07-2021, 02:38 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Onething it’s so good that your Mum is still with you supporting you ❤️ My Mum is too ❤️ I don’t think they ever really leave us, even though they’re physically gone, they stay with us ❤️
And yes I really think the SAm-e helps me. It may well be partly placebo effect because I’m pretty sure it’s too soon, but after 2 days of the original dose, I feel a little better already. But I really do think it helps physiologically too

I’m off to work. See you all later x
Old 10-07-2021, 09:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I just spent my one day off busy from gill to gill. I had a huge to do list to catch up on since my schedules been so out of whack. After my coffee I was really feeling the long work week in my body so I actually did yoga and it actually felt good. I was just so fed up with feeling so tense that I swear I got angry AT my stress and pushed it away so I could be in the moment. Ha! It worked. Anyway after that I had to hit 3 grocery stores and do my food prep for the week. Then, I had to really clean my house. Again. The puppy had brought sand in which was adorable but also very annoying.

all of this was before a very important event. I tattooed someone for the first time in almost 2 years today. I needed to see if I could still do it and if it can be an option for me to make a little extra money. Turns out I can! However. The puppy was awful! I had to give him Benadryl before I could even begin. He finally passed out. Finally. The little tattoo looks great! It’s a sand dollar
Old 10-08-2021, 01:10 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

That’s awesome, Plenny! I love tattoos, though I have none, lol. I’ve been my friend’s support through an elaborate flower vine that snakes up her entire leg. It’s beautiful.