D
Old 09-16-2021, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thx Dee!
Old 09-16-2021, 08:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning x thanks for the new thread dee x
day 27 and this is defo the longest i have been for many years.
good job on day 20 BTG, it will be 21 days for u today.
thanks Unite4 good going on ur day yesterday xx
Found out im working till 3 today, so im not a happy bunny again this morning. least i got 10 hrs sleep from nightmare day yesterday.
Good job on everyone else i missed. heading for my 2nd cup of tea

see u all later x have good day x
Old 09-16-2021, 08:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope work is OK erratic - congrats on 27 days
Hey BtG!

D
Old 09-16-2021, 08:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've been feeling quite, but have been following along. You guys are doing amazing! ❤
I am headed to bed on day 4. My youngest becomes a teenager tomorrow, wow.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

citrus great job on day 4 and wow yeah teenager eh? happy birthday to your youngest xx
thanks for your reply dee and citrus x its ok to be quiet x i normaly have moments like that also xx your doing great hun x
on my 3rd cup of tea this morning, im actually ahead of myself.
Oh yeah its the weekend again isnt it, will see how i get on, prob just rest and keep close to here, its also made diffrence that im taking the tablet in the morning now, so least thats good news x
right going to read some more posts xx see u all later this afternoon xx
Old 09-16-2021, 09:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Morning x thanks for the new thread dee x
day 27 and this is defo the longest i have been for many years.
good job on day 20 BTG, it will be 21 days for u today.
thanks Unite4 good going on ur day yesterday xx
Found out im working till 3 today, so im not a happy bunny again this morning. least i got 10 hrs sleep from nightmare day yesterday.
Good job on everyone else i missed. heading for my 2nd cup of tea

see u all later x have good day x
Almost to 30 days! Sorry about work, but at least you got some sleep and aren't hung over 😀
Old 09-16-2021, 09:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

BTG your exactly right!!! cant say much for hub he ended having a drink last night as he had bad day. lets hope his day is not to bad either lol
Old 09-16-2021, 09:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ending day 19
Old 09-16-2021, 09:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on all your milestones guys

D
Old 09-16-2021, 11:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning everyone ☕😊 here's to another day SOBER!!! I had a broken sleep last night but it's not important. I admire people here that are working during this time and also living with partners that drink. I'm blessed and will commit to doing a couple of things this morning to keep on top of chores here. I'm moving toward taking a FULL responsibility for my sobriety going forward. I do think prayer has it's place but over the years I think my continuous relapsing has affected my belief in myself. The strong will and determination to quit for good and my belief in achieving this has slowly eroded away over the years. It has been a real battle because it's taking me, like so many others, many years to crack this. My mental health is a separate issue but it has affected my ability to remain sober. I accept my situation though and know I must never drink again, no matter what. So much time has been wasted already. I do not want to waste a single minute more of my precious life. There we are then - another self-indulgent post from U4S 😊 I am sending good wishes out for today to everybody in September class and beyond!! 🇬🇧
Old 09-17-2021, 01:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I drank a tiny bit. But I stopped after a second and went for a run. The run nearly killed me but feel better now.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi FF - would you agree its clear that what you're doing so far is not enough to keep you drinking?
what else are you prepared to add to your plan?

D
Old 09-17-2021, 02:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi FF - would you agree its clear that what you're doing so far is not enough to keep you drinking?
what else are you prepared to add to your plan?

D
I don't know really. I'm not being very consistent with my plan. If I commit fully to what I've been doing, I might see better results.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi all-
I was really craving a drink again last night, but I just rode it through. Remembering the horror of the anxiety filled, shame-filled mornings certainly made it easier to say no. Instead, I woke up refreshed and happy to greet the day sober. Whew!

Here is a weird question, has anyone else noticed improvements in their vision after giving up drinking? I have, and my eyes feel less swollen, or something. It's hard to explain.
With that said, I'm thinking about the benefits I've seen(no pun intended) with not drinking besides the vision thing: lower blood pressure-it's back in the low-normal range, more mental clarity, better looking skin, much better sleep, and much much less anxiety. Focusing on the positive...
Have a great day all!
-Sam
Old 09-17-2021, 07:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hi all-
I was really craving a drink again last night, but I just rode it through. Remembering the horror of the anxiety filled, shame-filled mornings certainly made it easier to say no. Instead, I woke up refreshed and happy to greet the day sober. Whew!

Here is a weird question, has anyone else noticed improvements in their vision after giving up drinking? I have, and my eyes feel less swollen, or something. It's hard to explain.
With that said, I'm thinking about the benefits I've seen(no pun intended) with not drinking besides the vision thing: lower blood pressure-it's back in the low-normal range, more mental clarity, better looking skin, much better sleep, and much much less anxiety. Focusing on the positive...
Have a great day all!
-Sam
All of this and more - still a bit slow mentally but feeling so much better today (day 10)....so glad you made it past the craving! Well done, keep going and I will too!! U4S 🇬🇧
Old 09-17-2021, 08:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yes Sam....my eye heath in general improved, and my vision did as well. Had to get new glasses as the ones I had were too strong.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi everyone
Old 09-17-2021, 11:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

If I can say something to Freedomfries...I have followed you for your time here. First thing I want to say is change your sober date on your signature. Second is you live in a nice cozy home with a warm bed with lots of food so your parents enable you. My parents would have kicked me out. How are you going to do a job when you can't even do online college? Every week is the same plan....every week within 2 days it fails. As long as you are coddled you will do what you do.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi SoberWolf. How is your day going?

Hi Suze!