So, where is mine?

Kidding.

And hi, how are you, love? s
And how is your sister? xx
Old 09-29-2022, 08:08 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

As soon as I figure out how I sent the one to city I'll send you one! 😄

We are good. Thanks
I've been home since Monday and we message daily. She has a growing family so plenty to keep busy.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:21 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

❤️
Old 09-29-2022, 09:04 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Nothing much to do here. Too dangerous to go outside because of the wind. Can't bring myself to watch the news so I'm just getting updates here and there from friends.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:13 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Severestudios on YouTube has cameras and radar streaming without the media hype bs.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:22 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

What hype? s
I only watch the Weather Channel.

I am sorry, dear CB. This must be devastating to see. I am glad you are OK, though. xxxxxxxxx
Old 09-29-2022, 11:30 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I used to watch these types of coverage on weather channel, but our satellite tv doesn't get it anymore. For these storms, I check the updates on the national hurricane center website and my other weather apps on my phone.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:33 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I hear you. I don't watch any of this stuff on news stations, and I don't do Facebook. xx
Old 10-01-2022, 03:59 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Fishk, I hope you didn't have any damaging weather in your area.

I knocked off early yesterday and stopped at a friend's house to help clean up debris in the yard. He's getting older and doesn't need to be doing it all by himself. He's a longtime drinker and we used to get royally smashed while watching football or whatever. I was getting pretty beat by the time we took a break, from working and then raking the yard. He asked if I wanted a beer from the garage refrigerator. I did actually think about it for a second (tired, thirsty, and hungry), but it's just a nonstarter at this point. He knows that I put it down nearly three years ago, and he is really a good hearted person, but I think that to a drinker, it's just not going to sink in that I've made a positive life change and he's not doing me any favors by asking if I want a beer. He wasn't pushy or anything, and never has been.

I was the same with my friend who quit a few years before I did. It just felt like the friendly thing to do to offer a beer.

I have an old high school buddy, who I know beyond a doubt will be pushy about it, as he is with all things, and I've avoided seeing him in person. Not sure if I ever will.

I think that people will keep asking if I want a beer or whatever, and it's really not a problem as long as they aren't pushy about it.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:35 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

All good here except for the standard septic back up every rain.
I went out at 11pm last night and got her going until they can pump it.
Just don't ask how.

Yall make out ok?

As a drinker I always offered a drink to whoever was around. Not sure I would have knowing they were in recovery. Like you said though it just felt like the polite thing to do and if they accepted then maybe I had a drinking partner for the day.
We cancelled the offshore trip for tomorrow. Too much risk of debris.
Plan to take the jon boat in the river. Hopefully the rain didn't mess the fishing up.

Thanks for checking in
Old 10-01-2022, 07:40 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

We didn't have any wind damage to speak of, and really not much rain. There is some flooding close to the coast that I saw yesterday.

Hope to see some pictures of some river fish tomorrow! Had forgotten about the offshore trip you had planned. That's the bad thing about planning offshore trips. The weather can mess you up right up to the last second. I'm definitely ready to get caught up on some kind of fishing.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:08 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Just a thought; take a cooler with some iced tea with you while you are working, dear CB. And you can offer your friend some iced tea and change things up.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:11 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

I take a cooler everywhere I go.
Always have. It has different contents these days though.

We caught 2 red drum and a flounder. All a bit too small for the pan.
Beautiful day on the water though.
Dang little fish stealing the bait as soon as it hits the water made it tough.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:31 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Must have been nice to have gotten out and caught something. I haven't been fishing in much too long, but hope to be rectifying that soon. There are a lot of redfish where I go on the gulf, but I rarely catch them because they are mostly in and around the creeks. October is a good time to target them, but you really need a boat that can do skinny water for that. We have a lot of flounder, but they are probably small compared to yours, mostly 12 to 15 inches. Very good eating though.

I almost always have a small cooler also, or at least a drink in a big cup with water, sport drink, and sparkling water.
Old 10-03-2022, 02:57 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Reading back over, it occurred to me that red drum are one of those fish that are referred to by different names depending upon location. In the Big Bend part of the Gulf, they are mostly called redfish or reds. On the Atlantic Coast around Jacksonville/Mayport, people say red bass or red drum. Very fun to catch!
Old 10-03-2022, 04:48 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-13-a.html (Class of January 2020 Part 13)

D