Notices

Class of July 2021 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-29-2021, 06:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That is a bit odd....sorry if you are experiencing an emergency, but we are currently on vacation and do not care.

Do you think you can wait until Monday? Maybe call around and see if someone suitable can fit you in. xxxxx And Ouch. s
I thought it was pretty odd too. Almost enough to make me look for a new permanent dentist. I'm going to see how things go today...
Old 07-29-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

On to day 3 now.Still feel a bit jittery in the mornings and quite irritable which I tend to take out on the kids by shouting at their every indescretion. I know it will easy off in a few days but I hate it. Feeeling a little better than yesterday and this afternoon feel like I am now over the hump and trundling down the other side. I've done one zoom AA meeting today, very friendly, got more numbers to call. Still waiting to hear from the guy I asked to sponsor me. All in all feeling quite low and sorry for myself today, hoping tomorrow will perk me up a little.
I will not drink today. Have a good 24
Old 07-29-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am thinking he is not the right sponsor dear Phil. s
Most sponsors will get you to call them, and they do it fast if they are good sponsors (in my experience).
I would ask someone else maybe xxx

For now ~ I hear you re feeling low. But I think you are doing wonderfully.

Let me share with you the thing my sponsor said to me in the first days:

I would call her and say I am feeling awful, and I yelled at someone and cried for two hours etc....whatever was going on, and she would say very clearly....Suzanne, have you had a drink today? And I would tearfully reply no. And she would shout WELL THAT'S GREAT!

I didn't get it at first. I thought she wasn't listening to me....or that she was annoyed at my whining. But then the penny dropped ~ no matter what, if I yelled at someone or if the car broke down or if I did not have money for bills, I did not pick up a drink. One day at a time. And for an alcoholic who had drank every single day for maybe 20 years, that was a miracle.

You will feel better Phil....it just might take a bit of time.
Sending you s and s and ❤️
Old 07-29-2021, 12:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

No WiFi since noon yesterday, someone that lives above me cut the wire, they’ll come back tomorrow and try to install all new. Silly neighbors trying to change carpeting into something else…
Old 07-29-2021, 02:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Venuscat I think you are right but I asked and he is a nice guy so I will let him say no. I ve a meeting on sat morning which has some good people, I will basically ask if someone is willing, just to get me started. I need to get started, I am impatient.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think it is good impatience at this point.....and yes, I see and I would wait a bit too in that case.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

For those new to monthly threads...at the end of the month this July thread moves to the Daily Support Forum.
The new August 2021 thread will take your place here.

Nothing else changes but the location. You are very welcome to continue posting here, post in the new August thread, or both

D

Old 07-30-2021, 02:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How's everyone doing today?
Old 07-30-2021, 02:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That is what I was wondering as well

How are you dear CS? xx
Old 07-30-2021, 03:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That is what I was wondering as well

How are you dear CS? xx
The tooth is problematic but I don't want to bellyache about it :-) Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. Reading, taking care of the critters, and having some coffee.

Hope things are good with you.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 4 is almost over. So he is not the right sponsor, he advised me to wait until I was in attending meetings for maybe up to 4 months before getting a sponsor. I will not be doing that, I will be asking at a meeting tomorrow morning, if the right guys are there, for one of them to sponsor me. Still feeling a little low but hopefully tomorrow will be better, if I had a sponsor I think it would give me a bit of a boost. Done 6 meetings in last 3 days. Not messing around this time.
Anyway, glad to be sober, have a good 24.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrystix View Post
The tooth is problematic but I don't want to bellyache about it :-) Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. Reading, taking care of the critters, and having some coffee.

Hope things are good with you.
Yes, things are good here...just about to water my garden(s) and get take out instead of cooking, so I am happy.

I know what that pain is like re your tooth
Huge hugs headed your way. xx
Old 07-30-2021, 03:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phil71els View Post
Day 4 is almost over. So he is not the right sponsor, he advised me to wait until I was in attending meetings for maybe up to 4 months before getting a sponsor. I will not be doing that, I will be asking at a meeting tomorrow morning, if the right guys are there, for one of them to sponsor me. Still feeling a little low but hopefully tomorrow will be better, if I had a sponsor I think it would give me a bit of a boost. Done 6 meetings in last 3 days. Not messing around this time.
Anyway, glad to be sober, have a good 24.
I have a feeling tomorrow is going to make a big difference....a new sponsor (just a feeling the right guy will put his hand up).

If I was your sponsor I would be telling you that you are doing a great job. Keep doing it. And don't quit before the miracle happens.

And just from me, I would be suggesting re-reading the BigBook (but I have a feeling you are doing that already).
Do you have: Living Sober.....that is a brilliant little AA book that you can read and feel empowered....it was my how do I do this book.
I brought my original one with me to America when I moved here.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:15 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Nice job on 4 days and all the meetings Phil. Great work.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I downloaded this app called everything aa. It has the big book 12 steps and traditions and living sober all in one place.
I am rereading the big book now.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Awesome ❤️
Old 07-30-2021, 04:07 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi all. Good to see you still here CS, Phil and of course Venuscat and Dee. Your support really helps me keep going. Day 21 here.

I slept without the help of Oxazepam. It feels like things are getting better in the sleep department, bit by bit. I feel like I only sleep very lightly and then start to get uncomfortable around 3am when I sometimes take 7.5mg. Didn't do that last night. It wasn't that I chose not to, although that was part of it. I just felt way less anxious. That overwhelming nervous feeling is fading day by day.

Eating properly is still a challenge as my appetite sucks. However, I can now cope with the smell of other people eating strong-smelling food. I cooked lamb last week and couldn't cope with the smell or the taste. However, last night I ate two pieces of a meat loaded pizza (no lamb). Just about to try a bowl of cereal with a protein drink to follow up.

I had a Friday afternoon "feeling" where my brain was like "yeehah, it's Friyay, time for wine?" I ignored it and looked forward to watching a movie, reading a trashy novel and meditating instead. I watched that old Julia Roberts movie, Sleeping With the Enemy and marvelled at the late 80's early 90's fashions (and also at how old Julia and I had become haha.

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 07-30-2021, 04:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

You mean those 80s fashions that have all come back

Maybe try something like scrambled eggs to add some protein (tomorrow) without any strong smell. s xx ❤️
Old 07-31-2021, 03:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone Day 70 all good.
Morning Lisa congrats on 3 weeks
Hi dear Venus hope you are well today
Glad to hear you are doing well Countrystix
Congrats on 4 days Phil that's great I hope you find a sponsor soon
Hope you get your Wifi sorted Kittencat
Old 07-31-2021, 03:04 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Speaking of 80's fashion I used to love Miami Vice. Tied in to my drinking though so don't watch it anymore but they sure don't make them like that anymore.