Notices

Class of May 2021 Support Thread Part 4

Old 07-08-2021, 07:31 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Willow, yikes! Workplace cattiness drives me up the wall. So, it had nothing to do with you but they were picking on you? That’s ridiculous. Sometimes taking the high road is tough, as you are experiencing, but it is the thing that cuts through the superfluous toxicity the best. In time they’ll be apologizing to you. Hold your station and be smug that you’re a better person who’s on a path to self knowledge and love. They clearly are not
Old 07-08-2021, 10:26 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks Onething. I’m going to try to nap now. 😊

Old 07-08-2021, 11:29 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Oh, a rainy day! We have a storm that seems to be just training over us. Rain, thunder and lightning, so much more then we got with the tropical storm.

It is a quiet day today 😊, other then the storm. My Petey hates the storms so I spent way over a hour just rubbing his tummy. He loves it and I sneak in with the scissors and get the knots he forms. He is a pretty long haired fellow, but that belly gets some knots.

I got my spanx in for my dress🙄. Lord knows, I am a sight and I was hoping to lose this belly some by now. I look like an old alcoholic with a big belly and skinny legs. I have some time to lose the belly, I hope. Not drinking sure does help with that. Lyrica weight just settles in the middle. It is hard to believe I look this way now, but I do. I can just do the best I can.

I hope you get a good nap Phoebe. I think I will try and do the same. We have had too many busy days here lately.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the support
Plenny I think it will all blow over now, hopefully

I’m going to try to get into the hairdresser next week too One Thing. I haven’t made an appointment yet though

I’m going out of phone range for the weekend, so I won’t be able to check in for a few days, but I’m not going to be drinking. We’re camping, and although all the other friends coming will be drinking, I won’t be taking any alcohol with me, just soft drinks and tea. I have a new cast iron billy (kettle) for the fire that I haven’t tried out yet, so I’m looking forward to that. I’ll try to get a photo

Have a lovely weekend everyone
Old 07-08-2021, 04:10 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good sober weekend Willow - and everyone

D
Old 07-08-2021, 04:14 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 07-08-2021, 06:09 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Ok, another day sober with a bottle of wine open! Yay me! I made lasagna for dinner and husband wanted wine, I said no and that was all there was to that. I did good.

I also got a nap in and that felt good. Nothing like a nap on a rainy day, I could take a nap for the next few days now. I don't think we will see the sun till sometime next week now. This is very rainy weather for us.

Willow, camping sounds wonderful. We used to go all the time when the boys were in high school. They loved it, lots of hiking and ex husband was a great campfire cook. Those were fun trips, especially in the fall. We also went tent camping and as long as I had an inflatable mattress, I was good. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. There is nothing like being out in nature.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:50 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Enjoy your camping weekend, Willow.

I also got a nap in. I still might go to bed early. I’m adjusting to driving J to the train station. It’s not that I have to get up much earlier than I generally do, just an hour, maybe, but it makes me restless knowing I need to wake up.

We are supposed to get another car, and J wants a particular color. He was told it would take 2 days to 2 weeks, but it’s not happening. So, the sales person needs to try to divert one that’s going somewhere else, and apparently that’s a lottery system to do that. Low inventory is the problem, and J doesn’t want a white or silver car. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Juggling one car is going to get old quickly.
Old 07-08-2021, 07:53 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Went to a meeting and feel much better ….. after my dog embarrassed me by not listening to me and almost wouldn’t let me go home….. and I just breathed and talked about how I used to freak out and blow my top over things likevthat

glad it seems to be blowing over Willow!

hope everyone’s doing well

hugs
Plenny
Old 07-08-2021, 08:27 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thanks One Thing, Phoebe and Plenny ❤️

I’m on my way out camping now. Have a lovely weekend everyone x
Old 07-09-2021, 06:15 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Enjoy the camping, Willow!

We’re getting the remainder of tropical storm Elsa. It’s going to be a rainy inside day. I’m okay with that. Dog is bored. He’s missing J now that he’s at the city office 3 days a week. They had a little routine of walks. The dog can be leash reactive, which can make him lunge. Not ideal for my back. I try to find times when I am less likely to run into others, lol.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Well, I am going to call it a day. Not my greatest day but still a sober one!

IDK, things have quieted down here and I guess, I have a chance to think or stew over our weeks of fun filled adventures. I can honestly say I was depressed today. I didn't drink. I thought about it, but didn't. Ran the whole scenario through my head and didn't come up with a single reason to do it, though I surprised myself at how willing I might have been doing it.

I got a kicker today, after we went and had my husband get fitted for his stupid tux(???) that ran us a bit over $275, we got home to find our invitation in the mail. I looked at the name of the brewery, strange name for a brewery. IT ISN'T A BREWERY AT ALL BUT A STUPID ZEN GARDEN!

No, really, is it me? I just talked with the other night about NA drinks and he said there would be plenty of beer, wine, and that really strange cocktail truck, no NA drinks. I give up. Not another word of this is going to be mentioned. I will show up and go through the motions like I have the foggiest idea of what is going on.

I am calling today a wash! A sober wash, but a wash. We hope to see the sun tomorrow so I will look forward to that. I can also take less Lyrica tomorrow, and whether I hurt or not, I am done with this evil medicine.

Nite all, pleasant dreams, and I hope I wake in a better mood tomorrow.

OneThing
Old 07-09-2021, 06:14 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Nite dear One Thing ❤️
Old 07-10-2021, 03:43 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus! I am hoping for a better day today!

The sun will be out today! It is supposed to be a warm one, but that is okay, I have to pool as my friend. I do miss swimming and have done so little of it this year. I know this sounds ridiculous, but if the water isn't 82 or higher, I don't enjoy it as much. I am totally climatized now. I really think I need a good dose of vitamin sunshine to change my mood.

I did talk with my doc yesterday, making sure that I am backing off this Lyrica in the proper way. I am cool and can cut one more dose out today. I do have to say that my pain seems to be improving so that is a good thing. My pain management doctor said that it would and I didn't believe him since this pain has gone on for so long. We will see how long it lasts, I should get a good 12 to 18 month reprieve from it it. I will just have to see.

My daughter got a new little one in her class yesterday. The parents wanted the child to get a leg up on the year ahead so now she has 11 kids now. This little boy is as cute as a button and she already wants him in her class for next year. It was only July 4th a few days ago, it seems, and they are already gearing up for the up coming school year. The kids only get a two week break school starts for the year. There is a lot to be said for year round school for the little ones. They stay in the momentum of learning and they get breaks when it is needed the most. My daughter is among the teachers who are pulling for them to change at her school.

Another sober day today, sunny and sober. The serenity prayer also, I have to remember to say that when I get too frustrated.

Have a good, sober day everyone!

OneThing
Old 07-10-2021, 07:00 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi friends!
just catching up as I’m also in July’s thread for extra support now. 😘

I also drank wine on the 4th so messed up once again. 😞😓
I think I need to do more reading here, less posting.
Old 07-10-2021, 07:55 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Happy to hear from you anytime, Kitten. Hope you’re feeling better. 💕

Husband is off doing the paperwork for his new car. All the chauffeuring is getting old fast. Last night, I was over zealous and showed up at the train station for the earlier train! I was sure he’d fallen asleep on the train, but, he finally answered my text and reminded me it was the later train. So, I got to drive there twice. It’s not far. 🤪.

Maybe I’ll get my new Adirondack chairs assembled today. Maybe my son will help. 🤞🏻
Old 07-10-2021, 09:17 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Phoebe it is so hard to do without 2 cars. I do hope you get the car guys want. It seems to be so hard now to find the one you want with the shortage of parts.

Kitten I have been thinking about you and I am glad you are sticking to the site. You can't succeed unless you keep trying. I also hope you are doing better.
Old 07-10-2021, 10:01 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi class ❤
Onething I am so glad to hear your pain is a little better. I really hope it continues to improve. I would think a zen garden would come with nice na drinks! Zen makes me think of nice high quality teas or juices.

So funny that I really don't think much about alcohol being relaxing. I think I've been using it a lot of years as something to do. Hate the feeling, taste and after effects. Dang AV has had me snowed for years.

Phoebe I'm a little late but Yogi tea makes a really good chamomile lavendar tea that I find very calming.
We have also done the car shuffle many times the past few years! We are all settled at the moment (knock on wood that nothing breaks down.. haha) but we totally know the feeling. Middle son will get his permit next month, lord help me. Lol. But that means looking for another car before next fall.

Glad you are here with us Kitten.

HI Suze!

Willow I know you won't see this for a bit, but I hope camping was wonderful!

Plenny I used to blow up a bit at my kids and am so glad that I don't do that sober. I really am not a person who likes raising my voice or having someone raise their voice at me. It's so nice to be more even keeled in sobriety. ❤
Old 07-10-2021, 01:28 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thanks Citrus, I was thinking the same thing. I looked up the venue and I am not sure if they are catering it, but I would imagine so. I am not bringing any ginger ale and I am not sharing, son will need to figure that one out.

Pain wise I am doing good today. Disposition wise, I am not so hot. I guess it is just time for me to cop an attitude around here. I exercised for the first time in weeks now. My back just wasn't letting me do what I needed to do and the Lyrica kept me somewhat unambitious. Now the exercises don't look hard, because they are not hard, but enough for my neck and back. I jumped in the hot tub afterward and was drying off. My husband was cutting they yard and doing other little things and decided that my oregano needed to get trimmed NOW. He never has taken no for an answer and so was going to do it himself. I told him I would get it done, just not today, and that was not a good enough answer. I did it, ate my lunch and took a nap. He took the wind out of my sails and the desire to enjoy my afternoon at the pool.

Citrus, I am opposite of you. Drinking I am docile, sober, I am a bear. I plopped myself on the couch and went straight asleep. I kind of surprised myself sleeping, but when I got up my back doesn't feel so bad so that is good. I will exercise again tomorrow and it will get better from there.

It is wine:30 here and I am not entertaining visions of wine bottles in my head. Yesterday was tough and I just wont go there again. I kind of surprised myself, but I can't use alcohol as a stress reliever again.
Old 07-10-2021, 03:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Maybe it is time to change that up dear One Thing, because it isn't anymore.
It is just dinnertime on a Saturday night.

And I am also a bit grumpy due to a very difficult health issue. So I know you understand.
Let us grump on with a smile....we can do that.... s xx