Notices

Class of May 2021 Support Thread Part 4

Old 07-05-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I can't think through intense pain. It is so difficult. I cannot even imagine being in pain (like this) on an ongoing basis.

The way I see it, you are getting through every single day like a superstar dear One Thing. ❤️
Old 07-05-2021, 07:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

^^^ this! What Suze said, I totally agree OneThing❤️
Old 07-05-2021, 07:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

How’s your neck Suze? ❤️
Old 07-06-2021, 03:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh, thank you everyone!

I just have to wait till next week for my doc appt and we will go from there. This is not my first rodeo. My neck pain lasted for 4 years before it was fixed. I learned a lot since then so I will not let this go on that long. I just have to juggle all this with my husband's issues and the wedding. I don't have to do anything for the wedding, except show up. That is going to be hard enough 🙄.

Today we have the weather on our plate. My daughter and husband were able to bring everything in last night. I need to video tape the house, once again for insurance purposes. We will get the east side of the storm, which can be bad, our weather will not get bad till this afternoon/evening and overnight. I have all our papers in plastic and in a lock box so we should be good. We are not in a flood zone in anyway. We only have to worry about our neighbor's trees, they have a ton of them. One neighbor keeps his trees trimmed and yard in good order, the other is, well, not so neat. Our closet is our safe room and thank goodness it is big and clean. We will just have to see.

We do hope our two day electrical job will be finished today. We paid prime dollar to have this done right and quickly. My husband has checked on them and it is done right, just not quick. This is the 4th day of work. I raised the devil over it, but that sure didn't help any. Maybe it will get done today?

I hope everyone has good, sober day. I will be glad for this weather event to be over now. This is like our third week of rain here. I am a sunshine person!

OneThing

Old 07-06-2021, 05:08 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
How’s your neck Suze? ❤️
I am happy to say it is a lot better this morning love. And thank you. xx

And goodnight to you and Dee. s
Old 07-06-2021, 05:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hope the sun comes out for you today dear One Thing. ❤️
Old 07-06-2021, 05:57 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Glad you’re feeling better Suze.

Onething, I hope the storm isn’t severe tonight. 💕

My husband has been working from home since February of 2020, and just started back to the office today. He’s not that noticeable to have around because he has a nice office in the basement. But, I’m still looking forward to having some alone time sometimes! The boy is home today though. He has a part time job. In more coming out of covid news, I’m getting a haircut today! I can’t even remember when I last had it cut and styled. 😊
Old 07-06-2021, 06:05 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Exciting phoebes. Really. ❤️
Old 07-06-2021, 09:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

OneThing I hope your electric gets done today and the storm doesn't end up being too bad. You have so much on your plate, I am really thinking good thoughts your way.

Phoebe I am sure your hubby going back to the office will provide you with some much needed time alone at home! I would go crazy if hubby was here more than weekends and evenings, lol.

Good morning(almost afternoon) Suze! ❤

My family has totally exhausted me! I was in bed early and slept soundly last night although I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed. I wake boarded, tubed with the boys and swam a lot yesterday. We really had a fun time. Alcohol wasn't much of a thought at all yesterday, finally yay!
We are sports free except for practices until the weekend! I am looking forward to the weekend as I get to spend time with my lifelong bff and get to see my bff from high school that lives quite far.

Love to all! ❤❤
Old 07-06-2021, 01:30 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Feeling off today.... tired, cranky, a bit sad, grumpy with a dash of anxiety....
I think the past few 4 days with the inlaws and all of the dental and other crazy stuff just really hit.
I know this is better than I would be feeling if I had been drinking anytime lately. But it is a bit unsettling. 7 hours till bed... lol.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

You did a LOT in these last few days, and the emotional toll of this time of year takes it out of you. I know that. s
And I am not surprised that there is a bit of a crash today. xx And then negative emotions come up.
For me, I just acknowledge them and try to treat myself with love and kindness.
Maybe do something nice for yourself? ❤️
Old 07-06-2021, 01:41 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Citrus

D
Old 07-06-2021, 02:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well, Citrus, you should be tired! You have done so much. I sounds like it is time for Mom R & R. Drinking would have worn you out faster, that is for sure. You have done a great job!

Phoebe, I am sure it feels good to get your husband out of the house some. I sure love mine and I hate his trips, but sometimes it is great to get some alone time. My husband works hard around the house but eventually he gets done. I then try and do something and I get followed with "Whatcha doing?" when he gets board. I am usually cooking and I have learned to hand him a dish towel to dry dishes as I wash them up. I always clean as I cook.

The bulk of our electrical should get finished today. It will be another 8pm night I believe. Tomorrow is going to be hard because husband has his appt with his urologist. Along with all his many problems, he grows kidney stones the way I grow hair. Not sure what is going on there but we will find out tomorrow. I need to go to that appt with him and they should be finishing up the electrical then. While out, we should stop and get husband measured for his wedding suit which we are really hoping will not be a tux. There is no need for the fathers to wear the same suit and I am just afraid she is going to tux them out. The nightmare wedding.

I am glad you are getting you hair cut Phoebe, nothing feels better to me then to get a good cut and color. I am due one myself. Maybe near the end of the week if my lady can fit me in. I am thinking of having her try something a bit different with my hair. I am not sure what she can do since I have worn a pixie cut for years. It just suits me. Maybe she can snaz up the color?

Still in pain, always this darn pain. I have half a mind to go ahead and try to make an appointment with my neuro/spine surgeon since I have to wait so long for an appt but I guess I will wait till next week. My pain doc may just call himself as he did with my neck. I need husband settled too. His heart cath is on the 19th so there is no use to make plans till that is done.

Thank you all for thinking of me! I am hanging in there. Not drinking and I am going to call today, 40 days for me! Next milestone is 60. Next miles stone is to make through the end of the day today and do it all over again tomorrow. I can't look that far into the future.

Have a good, sober evening all!

OneThing
Old 07-06-2021, 02:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thank you Suze, Dee and OneThing. I think it has definitely worn the 12yo out too. He just got super snippy about some tea he carried in at some point that has dissapeared. And I thought yep... not just me! Lol!
Old 07-06-2021, 02:26 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Your 12 year old drinks tea?
Sophisticated kid.

And congrats on 40 days One Thing!!!!
Old 07-06-2021, 02:42 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Citrus, you guys are probably worn out from all the fun in the sun and water. Maybe some extra hydration and an early night will do the trick.

What’s happening with that storm, Onething? How about some burgundy hair to match the dress for the wedding? 😂

Ive declared today self care day. Got the haircut, and bought a rotisserie chicken to take the night off from cooking. Maybe I’ll paint my nails later. I almost never do that. I really need to tidy the house tomorrow. Things get messy when our daughter is around. She doesn’t pick up after herself well, plus, I’m less inclined to do much because I’m visiting with her.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:44 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 40 days One Thing! I agree, I just have to look to one day at a time rather than too far into the future, but I do like counting and rewarding my milestone days

Phoebe and One Thing I’m thinking now that I would like to go to the hairdresser I have been doing my own, but perhaps I can reward myself with a hair appointment

Citrus you have been so busy, no wonder you’re worn out! Treat yourself with love and kindness.

Suze I was thinking the same thing about the tea

In fact I think we should all pamper ourselves! Because we deserve it!
I’m thinking maybe…. hairdresser, or a pedicure, or a massage, or a lovely hot bath with bubbles or a nice essential oil mix, a nice cup of tea and a book on the couch with feet up. Or any or all of the above ❤️
Old 07-06-2021, 02:45 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Phoebe you must’ve been posting at the same time as me
Great minds huh Definitely a self care day!

Haha burgundy hair to match the dress! What a great idea, what do you think One Thing? What would the future DIL think of that?
Old 07-06-2021, 03:57 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi Willow! Great minds, indeed. 😊💕
Old 07-06-2021, 11:27 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Congrats on 40 days OneThing! Thinking of you in this storm. You know I’m watching the radar!

I'm up too late. But I’ve been having a feeling of satisfaction lately. I’ve been happy with my little house and I’ve been successful in keeping my dog happy and and I’ve been creative. For me that is a good life. And I’ve been feeling so grateful for escaping my drinking. I really feel like I’ve gotten away with something. I’m finally doing something I’ve been really wanting for almost 10 years.

I still have a lot of hard work to do. I’m not done. I am just starting to see some of the rewards sobriety has to offer